signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another version. Guess I need to learn how to us the photo editor because it got turned sideways again. The black handle is supposed to be on top. This is just the electronic receiver. There is a transmitter that sets on the ground.

00bbb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the ten-turn potentiometer soldered into place and the receiver gain is definitely is a lot nicer to tune now. Originally I had planned to order one of these and somehow cowered-out and bought a cheap one-turn. Would have stopped a lot of my whining. LOL Also figured out I could just lower the battery voltage but too late now. As far as I am concerned, this is a big deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like everything has come to a screeching halt on this project. I guess part of the ebb and flow. All the same, this ain't getting done. Made up a list of stuff that needs doing and got a reality check. Maybe that's why the project slowed to nothing. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I should have said I'm still experimenting, just seems like not making any forward progress. So maybe that's a clue to move beyond that area. But I'm slow to change course. LOL It's like that TV commercial where the couple finds all sorts of house/yard chores to do instead of starting their IRS statement.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the transmitter coil. You set it on the ground a wait a few minutes before scanning the area with the electronic receiver. Actually just built this one and it is a bit too big for my taste, but haven't spent much time with it. Probably go smaller a few inches next one.

000205.jpg

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The smaller version of Tx coil.

000206.jpg

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SL, I commend you on your trial & error approach to understand the application of physics to Electronic LRL configurations. If our minds are open and not boxed in by self proclaimed text book experts, we can all learn from your experiments.

I have field tested a number of complex, totally electronic discrimination LRL's, over the years with ranges repeatedly tested from an aircraft of up to 300 miles distance.

I have field tested hundreds of LRL configurations of LRL's over multiple types of terrain and atmospheric conditions. I do not pretend to know how, or why these devices work, but I know when they work, or do not work according to a large variety of configurations and conditions in which I have field tested these devices.

Without getting into detail, I would suggest your transmit antenna will work more efficiently if you stand it vertically. You will however loose a portion of the signal at the side edges of the Antenna. Good Luck! Dell

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is in the horizontal position.

000208.jpg

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can still pick up half-ounce silver coin in the horizontal configuration. Like Dell says, it's hotter out on the edges. Haven't worked with it much this way, probably better for close range.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting to tie up some loose ends on this project. Still have some important stuff to do like designing the printed circuit boards. Pretty much know how I want the boards so it's mainly a matter of working out all the fine details. Not there yet, but the end is in sight.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I've got the soul of a rag picker, the mind of a slug, and I keep sweeping problems under my rug."

I really need to readjust my project time clock estimates. The old saying of add twice the time and 50% more cost ain't even close to my slow speed. If you filmed it in time lapse and played it back in high speed the design/construction might look normal speed and probably about as interesting as watching paint dry. LOL What I thought was going to be a one morning job, well, I'm still not done and that was Thursday. Manana.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ignorance is bliss. It goes downhill from there. I mean so much stuff to do. Here I am pushing two years into this project and I feel like I have more to do now than when i started. Don't know whether i want to laugh or puke. That's a bad part of working alone--no one to take up the slack, I mean stuff I don't know enough about. Okay, everything. LOL And money, while you're at it. I wanted a $100K, but I'll "negotiate" down closer to $50k. Yeah, times are hard for millionaires, sure! You know there are many people who could just write a check like paying for dinner.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't posted for a while. The ebb and flow has mostly been ebb. Kinda got burned out on this project. My attempt to just get away from it for a while was somewhat successful. Anyway, been working on the sensor end of the receiver and maybe I grew a couple new brain cells enough to "connect the dots". More likely lost enough brain cells to eliminate some of the outside static noise enough to see more clearly. LOL Usually clear thinking for me is to see my mistakes! LOL Probably got some more of that coming when I take this latest mods outside for a test. Just like every other "improvement" I've made over the last few days. One of these days I'm going to run out of stuff to fail. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to eating crow again. Ouch, my ego took a gut punch. LOL The redneck configuration I used for the sensor (duck tape and rubber bands) was not adequate nor pure. I still think there is some chance. So I have ideas how to 'TRY AGAIN". LOL It's there. I saw it. Just have to find it again. Well, at least I think I saw it. Hell, I don't know. But i going back in.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish my miracle investor would appear. LOL Somebody must have an extra $100K out there. I have some good ideas. Well, I guess I will still have to go it alone for now. It's going to be a long haul to get there.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, true story... a saw a fellow on Geotech talking about a new PI design he developed. 99% of the time people who say they got something, don't really got something, and it takes very little time or effort to find out they got nothing. All I have to do is say "show me," and they either show me or they start bluffing. If the bluffing starts, I'm done. This guy didn't bluff, he packed up his prototype and sent it to me to evaluate. It worked so well we not only bought the design, we hired the guy full-time.

If you got nothing to show, then you got nothing to sell. You'll have better luck with Powerball.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do I need to remind you of your faulty "inductive" reasoning? I'm pretty good at it sometimes, too. Yeah, I know a metal detector company would be a likely choice of place to push this envelope further.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not made any decision as to go with an investor or not. I talked to one person a little about it but I can't blame anyone for being skeptical without seeing it in action. Ain't no question it's still in the "chunk of coal" state, a diamond in the rough. It's going to take some improvements/advancements before it's ready to take the industry by storm. When that day comes, people are going to say they see God, you know--think they died and went to Heaven. But for now it's just a fable like "Jack and the Beanstalk"--just a bunch of 'worthless' seeds to be thrown out the window.

I'll try to explain a little here. I want someone to invest enough that I know they won't sell me out. Get it? Enough so if they do, I won't care too much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been doing any work on the project until yesterday. Did some experimentation and got some unusual response. And so far i think i like it, but that can change. LOL One of these years I am going to have to get this contraption out into the field.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000220.jpg