Merry Christmas to all

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

I've been kinda quiet lately on the forums. Don't have much to report on my projects. The weather here has prevented any outdoor work for me, so been cooped up indoors and getting a case of cabin fever. That and car repairs about drive me to drink, well it did. LOL My suggestion is if you need to replace struts and coil springs, pay somebody to do it! Or like me, spend a bunch of time praying to keep your sanity. Actually, the second one went much easier, but that was on the third day. LOL Now I remember why I never wanted to be a mechanic for a living.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some conversing with Bob Fitzgerald last month. I got a used Mini Eliminator II and was trying to incorporate it into one on my projects. I was unsuccessful and came to the conclusion it was not compatible--and/or maybe I am just too "electronically challenged". It was worn out (hard to tune) and I end up hacking it and did an "upgrade" on the generator. Replaced it with a DDS and I really like it. The Mini II really gives a nice signal even before I hacked it. I've read a negative report on another forum and that was an older model. This one is SMT (surface mount) and it looks very nice inside. NOTHING like what the report said. I told Bob I was impressed and it handles interference, at least the solar storm we had a few weeks ago. I can feel the signal with my hands better than any locator I have used.

My projects have pretty much been stalled for a year now. That's the bad news. But hopefully some day I will "get my act together". But don't hold your breath. Guess I don't need to say that. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk about cabin fever, I couldn't help myself and had to go outside in the backyard for a few practice rounds. Earlier we had 20 inches of snow but it has tamped down to about a foot now. If you've never worked in deep snow, best not to use too small a test target. But I've found snow seems to be a good conductor and the signals are nice. You would think a test target would leave a very visible hole in the snow, but light conditions make it hard to see until you get right up close. Anyway i got my fix. LOL

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

santa.gif

santa_dancing.gif
christmas_tree.gif
santa_dancing_right.gif

merry_christmas_large.gif