First hunt with frequency generator electronic receiver

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the title is a bit inaccurate because I have used the predecessor several times and even found some gold with it while using L-rods. And one time I did set up the latest version and took a shot at the Fenn treasure, but poorly planned, etc., etc.

So this time I went to an area I had done some searching previously with L-rods. This time the line was not the same, I don't know but 10 or 15 degrees different. I set up the transmitter in two more places and just easily got an area pinpointed. I mean really seemed too easy.

And again, not fully prepared--didn't bring a metal detector or a weight cancelling device. So like Arnold said "I'll be back."

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't expecting to find anything big (hoping, yes. lol) I would guess it probably is a piece of jewelry.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda got my enthusiasm up a bit. Been dealing with depression and anxiety for the past ten years. Makes it hard for me to get out and hunt. Guess I just gotta pull myself up by my bootstraps and get a life.

I know this much, L-rods are obsolete. That's my new motto.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd think the skeptics would be in celebration over my 'L-rods are obsolete' motto. Kinda makes me wonder why not? Maybe nothing to do with L-rods or treasure hunting at all--just all about money for them.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, since I'm preaching again, I just wanted to point out what happens when someone says their goal is to destroy someone's LRL business. The treasure hunters are the ones who lose out. How long do you think it will be before a metal detector can point to a ring-sized piece of gold within two inches from twenty-five feet on the lowest power setting? From a hundred feet the accuracy is more like six inches. At the rate it's going of about an inch a year more depth let's see, 25 feet divided by one inch per year comes out to about 300 years from now--and that is not for gold only.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, got slapped in the face. LOL I went back to the gold pinpoint and junk everywhere. No gold found. I dug all the targets in the area and concluded I might not have been on the exact spot. Yeah, even the contraption is not easy to use on a rocky, brush-covered, snake habitat, hillside. More area and angles. Every time i reached down for the M. D I scanned the area for snakes. You can't see them if they don't move. Well, learned a good lesson--pinpoint is much more critical is this type scenario and some kind of weight cancelling is essential. All this was just on a hunch--no lost treasure tales

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting Signal. With depression it's one day at a time and practicing positive thinking. Depression is insidious and like the habit of being bummed about things one has to practice being positive about things. Old habits die hard.
Best of luck out there!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your concern. Yeah, it can be scary when you talk yourself down--dig your own grave. But today's search was nothing along that lines. I really enjoyed getting out and accepted I probably rushed things the first time out. That day the weather got cold and threatening so I really didn't get half of what should have been done more thoroughly and it was a poorly thought out trip--just grabbed the locator and headed out. That was the day I came down with the fever--probably already had it when I when out and the cold made it worse. Actually today was a good test run and a bit of a wake-up call--my memory ain't what it used to be, but my analytic powers are still good to see where I messed up. And I'm not afraid to put it out there "warts and all".

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread