signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you still didn't catch it, maybe the L-rods need to have a microprocessor taped on to them. LOL Oh Hell, shouldn't give away any trade secrets. Some LRL scammer will be sure to pick up on that brilliant idea. Then again, it might not be redneck enough.

I suppose somebody is going to take offense with anything I say. Well, I'm plenty redneck,more than most, so this is self-deprecating humor. Been a laborer most of my life. DId one short stint in college and computer programmer, but that was over 30 years ago. Actually go back to FORTRAN IV almost 50 years ago. I watched that movie "Hidden Figures" and it brought back old memories. Gonna need to brush up on my "C". I'd be dead from a heart attack by now if i had stuck with the desk job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad was into electronics. Wish i had gone that route years ago. Now from my fiddling, I am starting to learn what mistakes I made and why. Also see how far I have to go and at the rate i am going, I probably will never get there. I just don't have the "Damn the torpedoes" motivation like I used to. Like the marketers say, "Don't go it alone." Yeah, I don't listen too good. And it ain't easy to find somebody interested in this field. I mean, just look on this forum. Anybody here think I'm sane? Didn't think so. And i ain't into the greed thing, so that cuts out just about everybody. I ain't no scammer so that puts me in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know even to suggest the possibility is LRL blasphemy, and I really do hope it's not true, but what if the so-called frequency discriminator with L-rods really does rely a dowsing element to it? That would mean the electronic receiver cannot discriminate different elements, only detect all conductive targets, or as some say detect noble metals. That really is a horrible thought to me. I don't think it's true and I sure don't want to believe it. Horrible thought, horrible thought, get it out of my head. I'd be bummed out for life it if is so. Only one way to prove it wrong, I got to get out and make a find. Ground is froze in the shade, time is running out. S.O.B.!!!!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't something I just dreamed up. Many have said similar things. Bill Morgan always called his frequency generators with L-rods FAD--Frequency Assisted Dowsing. On another forum most say the electronic locators find all noble metals. And I have done much reading lately and just haven't found anything that supports the claim of each element can be located separately with only electronics. All the reading I have done says conductors--no mention of distinguishing between elements. Yeah, I know the people with L-rods say each element. And even what I call the frequency generators on a stick all make that claim. The proof to back that up just isn't here, there, or anywhere other than the L-rods are a dowsing device and electronic locators are not and can not distinguish the different elements. Well, i really hope i'm wrong. I've been saying for two years I have a hard time believing the e-receiver. i haven't given up just yet. They say all myths have a speck of truth to them. It ain't looking good right now. I'll hold out the possibility I am doing something wrong, or the device isn't working right.

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SL, you put yourself down too much. Your Magnetic Levitation L-Rod is absolute genius, and you have passed along other excellent ideas. Thank you for sharing your learning experiences.

Working, fully electronic receivers for LRL's (no L-Rods) is nothing new. There are a couple on the market now. I have field tested several in the past including VR, Mineoro, Whites metal detector as a Signal line detector, and I traveled along with the inventor for 2 years of a fully electronic device he called a " Gamma Scan". An original test target was the Denver Mint, which could be repeatedly detected from an aircraft flying at 5000 feet, from a distance of 250 miles away. I learned a lot about the potential, and the limitations of LRL working on major Treasure Troves such as Beale, KGC, Confederate, JJ, and the Atocha shipwreck.

I applaud you, and the EE's posting on Carl Morelands, website for sharing their successes and failures, to build a better electronic receiver for Remote sensing LRL's. The technology to accomplish this, along with programmable software, for determining depth and distance has been available since 1988. What has already been done, can be done, a fact that seems to be ignored. Keep up the good works.. Dell

GOLD RADAR? Has anyone viewing used this device?

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the most disturbing things I read is that the idea of gold holding some kind of magnetic resonance is flat-out wrong. Gold has the molecular structure that cancels out any resonance. Zero, not even a little bit. Bad news folks. So get out your dowsing rods and start practicing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I see a lot more of the ion type locators now. Don't know much about them other than the theory that a buried gold will develop a column of ions that is detectable. I haven't done any studying on this as to the possibility of distinguishing gold from other elements or is it just detecting the column of any ions, I don't know, but that's my suspicion right now, same as the frequency generators. Yeah, i certainly could be wrong on all accounts. maybe the scientists are wrong about gold not having any magnetic resonance. Not likely. I've found no evidence there even is such a thing as discrimination other than mental dowsing. I'm back to the drawing board...again!!! And I don't even know why.

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SL, I am sorry to see you stuck accepting the same old boxed in rationale as other EE's that have failed to recognize the physics dimensions in LRL application.

Here's a hint, L-Rods, or electronic LRL's Do Not detect, Gold, Silver, gemstones, etc. They detect earth magnetic fields that surround these elements. Remember what I said about Magnetometers in relationship with LRL's many years ago? I have conducted many DB controlled tests comparing with L-Rod target detection that have proven this to be true.

Fortunately, after 35 years of supposed conventional wisdom, some LRL manufacturers and experimenters, are starting to come around to this way of thinking and are making progress in the development of LRL Frequency Discrimination technology.

From my experience Ions have little to do with LRL discrimination. LRL seller, or manufacturer claims their product works by detecting Gold Ions, I would say that argument has very little truth. It is nothing more than a mis-leading sales gimmick. Run! Dell

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Here's a hint, L-Rods, or electronic LRL's Do Not detect, Gold, Silver, gemstones, etc. They detect earth magnetic fields that surround these elements.

Interesting. Are you saying that LRL's are actually magnetic anomaly detectors?

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Are you saying that LRL's are actually magnetic anomaly detectors?

When held in human hands, yes, that has been my experience. Even a bent coat hanger can serve as a magnetometer. to detect magnetic fields.

The X-Scan LRL concept with no electronics, operates entirely on that application of physics. A concentrated Earth's magnetic field, and a frequency are the two things that all elements, and combinations of, including humans, animals, insects, gemstones, etc. all have in common. Dell

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, where does the B.S. end? Anybody watch Oak Island last night? Did you hear what the guy that had the detector said? He said it detected conductivity and that it could not distinguish gold or other metals. Exactly what i said, and no, I did not see the show beforehand. The e-receiver cannot dowse. There is such a line of crap put out there about the frequency discriminators. Yeah, I ate it. Why is it nobody can just turn on an MFD and find gold? Could it be that it relies on mental dowsing? Most people can never learn it. Works great in the practice area with known targets. In the real world, just liker Dell says, you need luck.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the discrimination part that requires the mental dowsing if that makes sense to anyone. The magnetic pathway opens to the nearest conductor. that's what the e-receiver hits on. I'm sure there are other weaker pathways to other targets, but that's where the mental dowsing with the L-rods comes into play if at all. The discrimination is from mental dowsing. I don't know, maybe it is physical dowsing, too. Through certain techniques the e-receiver can be made to hit on a known target just like everybody knows you can do with L-rods. That's my line about eating the forbidden fruit--the e-receiver brings this to light--it is the forbidden fruit. Out in the field it doesn't pull to gold. Same as MFD. Just the nearest, biggest conductor. The skeptics got it right--a lot of excuses. So this is the explanation why nobody has ever gotten rich except a few LRL sellers. And yeah, Dell, i have a little bit of experience over the last 30 years, too. So you don't need to talk down to me. I ain't gonna do no arguing about this. Just about as irritated and disgusted as i can be right now. Out of here.

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the discrimination part that requires the mental dowsing if that makes sense to anyone. The magnetic pathway opens to the nearest conductor. that's what the e-receiver hits on. I'm sure there are other weaker pathways to other targets, but that's where the mental dowsing with the L-rods comes into play if at all. The discrimination is from mental dowsing. I don't know, maybe it is physical dowsing, too. Through certain techniques the e-receiver can be made to hit on a known target just like everybody knows you can do with L-rods. That's my line about eating the forbidden fruit--the e-receiver brings this to light--it is the forbidden fruit. Out in the field it doesn't pull to gold. Same as MFD. Just the nearest, biggest conductor. The skeptics got it right--a lot of excuses. So this is the explanation why nobody has ever gotten rich except a few LRL sellers. And yeah, Dell, i have a little bit of experience over the last 30 years, too. So you don't need to talk down to me. I ain't gonna do no arguing about this. Just about as irritated and disgusted as i can be right now. Out of here.

SL, I sincerely apologize. In no way was I trying to demean you. On the contrary, I respect and applaud your work, and ask that you continue. Dell

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michael Jordan said he succeeds because he fails. Well, I'm getting real good at the failed part. Dell, I suspect you know the frequency discrimination something is not right. You don't sell them any more. It all hit me at a bad time, a real avalanche. You're witnessing an LRL addict on withdrawals.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can think what you want, but I say this whole theory about frequency discrimination is rotten to the core. Same for magnetic resonance. Whatever the so-called phenomena is, it ain't neither one of those.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michael Jordan said he succeeds because he fails. Well, I'm getting real good at the failed part. Dell, I suspect you know the frequency discrimination something is not right. You don't sell them any more. It all hit me at a bad time, a real avalanche. You're witnessing an LRL addict on withdrawals.

SL, Of course improvements can be made. and have been made. When I put the first MFD on the market in 1986, it was only intended for Professional Treasure Hunters which were searching for large, deep targets that Metal detectors couldn't reach. I never intended MFD for the shallow coin and ring targets, there are metal detectors for that. I offered a limited number of them for sale with the understanding that I was using a portion of the money for development and that their feedback was important.

The term Long Range Locator (LRL) was introduced by Thomas Afalani, for the promotion of Electroscope, an expensive advertising scam from the beginning, promoted by a well known Treasure magazine.

I can't go into all the reported finds with my products least it be construed as advertising.

I stopped manufacturing LRL five years ago for two reasons. One was deteriorating health. The second was, SMI spreading to overseas countries that had not experienced this problem, although it was included in my instructions. I lost a lucrative market when Treasures of Gold, were reported found in Greece, including two US military ammunition boxes filled with small Swiss Gold coins The Greek Government banned the import of metal detectors, including my products. I have only had 2 inquiries from Greece, since. I don't know if that ban has been lifted.

The first year after I stopped building LRL's I received nearly 200 orders for the PRO-4, and 30-40 since. These were mostly from word of mouth.

The cost of Trudy's (deceased in September) and my own health problems have been monumental and have left me on welfare, and a beggar. I am humiliated and ashamed.

IF, my health problems permit me, I will make a few Harmonic Induction Discrimination (H.I.D) LRL's for private sale. The SMI problem still exists with these units, but not quite as bad as with existing electronic LRL's. If they don't work for my customers , I will refund their money. Dell

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frequency discrimination is bogus. It's Mental Assisted Dowsing. MAD If you can't dowse you can't use the fake frequency discriminator deception. That's why you need dowsing rods to make it "work". Without the mental dowsing you only detect conductors--any gold is by luck only.

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frequency discrimination is bogus. It's Mental Assisted Dowsing. MAD If you can't dowse you can't use the fake frequency discriminator deception. That's why you need dowsing rods to make it "work". Without the mental dowsing you only detect conductors--any gold is by luck only. What a scam! And it still goes on. And when somebody tells you they are honest, that ought to be a red flag warning. Hypocrites say other people betray their trust.

​OUCH!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you forgot what you posted on your webpage at the time. You said the frequency generators were not working or something like that. I'm not even saying that. I'm saying that frequency discrimination is little or no use to find gold only. The e-receiver proves that to me in the field. At least I have not found a frequency that will lead me to gold. Your magnets and a witness much more accurate. I've used a few different variations of my own design. I sure wish I could get the e-receiver to work. Been trying everything I can think of. Got more to go. Looks like I have all Winter to fiddle with it. The emotional pain is just about unbearable. Sorry if I took it out on you. I just better stay off the forums so I don't make things worse.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
A concentrated Earth's magnetic field, and a frequency are the two things that all elements, and combinations of, including humans, animals, insects, gemstones, etc. all have in common.

That doesn't seem to jive with the theory of magnetism. Are you referring to diamagnetism?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread