Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I stumbled upon this video, and the storyline is these people were contacted to demonstrate how to use a product. Well during their video apparently they got a signal, and began to pursue it. It takes place in Germany, and if it's fake it looks like they pulled out all the stops to make it seem legit. I'm curious as to what your guys's thoughts are because I don't know how much credit I give towards long-range locators

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know nothing about long range detectors, except a friend who was a dealer tried to sell them - unsuccessfully.

Filmmaking, that I know about. A few observations. Pixelation? Please! If the person is one of your company, which apparently they were, a release for filming would have been signed on day 1. Interesting the archaeologist had the long range detector logo on their shirt. It was also interesting the "field" in that area had such wonderful, fluffy no weeds at all soil. They said the soil was muddy. Why weren't the shoes muddy?

Don't you think archaeologists would have opened it from the TOP instead of destroying the side? Most likely they would not have used picks either. And would have used probes to locate the top of the stone or any structures underground or also would have used ground penetrating radar. They would have wanted the crypt left in one piece, not gopher holed like in the video. Also you gotta love plaster of Paris.

I also have had some experience with real archaeology. In a grave, the soil would NOT all be the same color. And certainly NOT exactly like that surrounding the body versus the plain dirt outside A skeleton, or what's left of one in my experience can leave a rust/brown stain in the ground. None found here. The small brush was a nice touch.

And BTW it's dangerous and almost unheard of to CRAWL into something like that. Pros I doubt would do that.

Just notes for all you budding filmmakers out there. The one pot looks early 19th century redware with a manganese coating inside. Looks can be deceiving however.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard saying how it really happened. Personally i doubt they hit that spot from very far away like the film suggests. Maybe they hit some silver or gold at the land owner's house and then lucked on to the grave site once they got near. They may have had some inside info. A silver mirror or serving set has a large surface area compared to a few coins. But I don't know, and don't have enough info about what happened. I like the solid rod part, the ion detector, but the other swing rod part (at about 8 minutes into the video) is, trying to be polite here, just looks awkward. The device must weigh as much as a metal detector and it's not likely that is easy to use. But I don't doubt they got the site narrowed down once they got near. There are many gadgets on that locator. My opinion too many to the point of an unattainable price tag. Rich person's sport.

Any type of swing handle device is going to take a long time to learn. I say some form of meditation or Zen is essential. Otherwise they are just too easy to influence. The manufacturers will NEVER tell you that. Really would cut into their sales because nobody wants to take the time and effort. I guarantee if you ask them they will say you don't need it. And you might have noticed not many people ever learn to use the swing/swivel type locators. Fred Stewart is the only one who has even mentioned the "M" word. He has a degree is psychology, I think a master's as he worked in that field.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard saying how it really happened. Personally i doubt they hit that spot from very far away like the film suggests. Maybe they hit some silver or gold at the land owner's house and then lucked on to the grave site once they got near. They may have had some inside info. A silver mirror or serving set has a large surface area compared to a few coins. But I don't know, and don't have enough info about what happened. I like the solid rod part, the ion detector, but the other swing rod part (at about 8 minutes into the video) is, trying to be polite here, just looks awkward. The device must weigh as much as a metal detector and it's not likely that is easy to use. But I don't doubt they got the site narrowed down once they got near. There are many gadgets on that locator. My opinion too many to the point of an unattainable price tag. Rich person's sport.

Any type of swing handle device is going to take a long time to learn. I say some form of meditation or Zen is essential. Otherwise they are just too easy to influence. The manufacturers will NEVER tell you that. Really would cut into their sales because nobody wants to take the time and effort. I guarantee if you ask them they will say you don't need it. And you might have noticed not many people ever learn to use the swing/swivel type locators. Fred Stewart is the only one who has even mentioned the "M" word. He has a degree is psychology, I think a master's as he worked in that field.
So, are you suggesting that LRL'S do work? I just don't see how it would work when they were around all those cell towers and power lines, even the houses. I feel like all that copper, aluminum, etc, would throw any legitimate machine off. It's all non-ferrous items. They were able to hold it out of a car window, right by radio towers, and continue tracking?

I guess my main question is, long ranger locators are B.S....right?

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess my main question is, long ranger locators are B.S....right?

You'll get the same answers as "Do dowsing rods really work or are they BS" and if the answer is "yes" then just use a dowsing rod for free, it's just as reliable. I don't believe they work.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_scratch: So there using the little brush, and then there using a pick ax to open the rock with the container of gold? Pixelation over faces? Court's out. Send me one for a trial period, and I'll let you know. And get rid of the music!

Kilonova3

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I stumbled upon this video, and the storyline is these people were contacted to demonstrate how to use a product. Well during their video apparently they got a signal, and began to pursue it. It takes place in Germany, and if it's fake it looks like they pulled out all the stops to make it seem legit. I'm curious as to what your guys's thoughts are because I don't know how much credit I give towards long-range locators

I have personal hands on experience with the "GER Titan 400". The model thats just under $9000 or so. Looks cool in the video right? The thing is a complete and total piece of garbage. The only feature of the many it claims to have that is worth anything at all is the magnetometer. But the image is very low resolution. Its an extremely poor magnetometer but it functions. The other features are totally worthless. The ionic radar is pure garbage compared to others ive used. The electroscope is literally worthless. I actually saw a guy standing a few feet away from a known gold deposit and the electroscope had absolutely zero response. The touch screen has an extremely poor sensitivity. I remember the owner of the device getting frustrated and having to unscrew one of the antennas to use as stylus because the screen literally would not respond to his finger. The hinges on the screen had become very loose after just a short period of use. He had just purchased this thing recently and the screens hinges would not keep the screen up. He had to hold it up to keep it from flapping closed. Basically, the thing was a total piece of junk. I really feel for anyone who actually pays the asking price for this garbage. Dont believe the hype.

Btw this product or any GER product is NOT made in Germany. I did a lot of research on this company. They have a PO box in Germany but all their products are made in Turkey.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do LRL's work? Or do you mean will they guarantee you to get rich? Or do you mean are there any on the market that are worth buying? Long answer: Yes, no, not that I know of.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I can not weigh in on the "are they scams" part of this thread's question. Lest I be said to be "badgering".

But I will say this about the video: Stop and think for a moment fellows: Have you noticed how any of us can watch a TV documentary on ... you name it : Bigfoot, UFO's, a supposed treasure, the bermuda triagle, a govt. conspiracy of your choosing etc...... And by the time you are done watching it, YOU BELIEVE. They are ssseeeoo compelling. The drama, the story-line, etc.... After all: Ratings sell a good cliff-hanger show, right ?

And when it involves "treasure" it is even HARDER to dis-believe. Why ? Because of our human nature that wants sseeeooo hard to believe, "lest you be left out". We subconsciously put aside critical thinking when it comes to the hollywood glitz, the hope of riches (and/or "better mousetrap to find them").

So when you watch such promotional videos, ask yourself if a bit of Madison Ave. going on. Not saying there's anything wrong with good salesmanship, but ... just saying .... see the psychology of "being drawn in".

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Reminds me of the story where the dealer throws down (plants) a gold ring for the unwary buyer to see him find a gold ring with the detector he's trying to sell them.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kilonova
I have personal hands on experience with the "GER Titan 400". The model thats just under $9000 or so. Looks cool in the video right? The thing is a complete and total piece of garbage. The only feature of the many it claims to have that is worth anything at all is the magnetometer. But the image is very low resolution. Its an extremely poor magnetometer but it functions. The other features are totally worthless. The ionic radar is pure garbage compared to others I've used. The electroscope is literally worthless. I actually saw a guy standing a few feet away from a known gold deposit and the electroscope had absolutely zero response. The touch screen has an extremely poor sensitivity. I remember the owner of the device getting frustrated and having to unscrew one of the antennas to use as stylus because the screen literally would not to respond to his finger. The hinges on the screen had become very loose after just a short period of use. He had just purchased this thing recently and the screens hinges would not keep the screen up. He had to hold it up to keep it from flapping closed. Basically, the thing was a total piece of junk. I really feel for anyone who actually pays the asking price for this garbage. Dont believe the hype.

Btw this product or any GER product is NOT made in Germany. I did a lot of research on this company. They have a PO box in Germany but all their products are made in Turkey.

Iilonova3, I wish to say I appreciate your feedback on the GER LRL. You are no doubt helping potential buyers from making a big financial mistake. I urge anyone interested in a Frequency Discrimination LRL to read my post http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/long-range-locators/544228-free-lrl.html and experiment with this before they spend money on any LRL

I have been using, and field testing LRLS for over 35 years, in all conditions so I speak with a lot of Treasure Hunting/recovery experience. using all the tools of the tradeCustomer satisfaction is very important to me, and for that reason I offer a limited trial period and a full purchase price refund if not satisfied with my own home made LRL products.

I too make a marketing claim, That my simple homemade LRL products work as good, or better than other manufactured LRL's on the market costing thousands of dollars. Dell

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the story where the dealer throws down (plants) a gold ring for the unwary buyer to see him find a gold ring with the detector he's trying to sell them.

Certainly an unfair advantage in favor of the seller, But I see you didn't fall for it, and most buyers are smart enough not to fall for it either. What they will do is bury a target and ask the seller to find it as proof that the product works.

I did demonstrations a bit different. When clients came for a demonstration I would bury target(s) ahead of time, Show the client how to use the LRL, then leave him alone with it and let the client find the target on his own. An easy way to sell a product that works, plus it gave me an opportunity to observe and help resolve any problems clients might have and I could include in then operating instructions. Dell

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll get the same answers as "Do dowsing rods really work or are they BS" and if the answer is "yes" then just use a dowsing rod for free, it's just as reliable. I don't believe they work.

Two entirely different types of application. Dowsing is a Meta-Physics application, LRL's are a Physics application. L-Rods can be used with either application, but differently. Dell

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Two entirely different types of application. Dowsing is a Meta-Physics application, LRL's are a Physics application. L-Rods can be used with either application, but differently. Dell

Yeah I understand that, my point was there is no compelling evidence that either one work but some people trust both.

Kilonova3

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not weigh in on the "are they scams" part of this thread's question. Lest I be said to be "badgering".

But I will say this about the video: Stop and think for a moment fellows: Have you noticed how any of us can watch a TV documentary on ... you name it : Bigfoot, UFO's, a supposed treasure, the bermuda triagle, a govt. conspiracy of your choosing etc...... And by the time you are done watching it, YOU BELIEVE. They are ssseeeoo compelling. The drama, the story-line, etc.... After all: Ratings sell a good cliff-hanger show, right ?

And when it involves "treasure" it is even HARDER to dis-believe. Why ? Because of our human nature that wants sseeeooo hard to believe, "lest you be left out". We subconsciously put aside critical thinking when it comes to the hollywood glitz, the hope of riches (and/or "better mousetrap to find them").

So when you watch such promotional videos, ask yourself if a bit of Madison Ave. going on. Not saying there's anything wrong with good salesmanship, but ... just saying .... see the psychology of "being drawn in".

Guys the sad thing is that most other countries have no where near the level of consumer protection that we enjoy in the U.S. These other countries like Turkey and especially Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries are making really ludicrous claims so they can pump out these junky detectors to the whole world. The amount of money theyre making from this must be mind boggling because many are falling for their scams. Ive seen it a lot here in the philippines. The guy i know who purchased that GER Titan 400 was a poor Filipino. Can you imagine spending your lifes savings on such a piece of junk because you believed it would work as advertised? Then these companies will outright refuse any request for refund. Its sickening.

Not all brands from Turkey are junk. Ive had hands on experience with the Nokta and Makro brands. The company definitely makes false claims about the true capabilities of their product (i.e. "perfect metal discrimination", "identify type of metal in the ground" etc...) but the products do a pretty good job. Id say theyre worth the price.

Its easy to get hypnotized by some of the advertising from these companies. But MAKE SURE you do thorough research before dropping the money.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only compelling evidence is if you experience it yourself. You have no reason to accept my word, or anyone else's. Because you have been subjected to competetive mis-leading advertising, false claims, and mis-information, I can understand your skepticism, as you should be. I appreciate open minded skeptics. Skeptics have made for some of my best customers, and friends.

"The door to knowledge and understanding is never open to a closed or prejudiced mind" Dell

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the whole thing about learning to use the swing rod/ swivel handle type locators is it takes tons of practice. Sure somebody can follow a trainer and get it to work somewhat but in the real world it ain't so easy. So, it's not really a good indication to watch someone with minimal experience try to use one and then come to the conclusion that the device is a fraud. More it is just an indication of just how difficult it is to learn to use one and not make mistakes. Like golf, it is a huge mental "game" and all you have to do is look around and see all those who have failed at it. And like pro golfers there are very few who can stay at the top of their game. And many who claim they can use one just don't even know. it might sound like i am knocking the rods but really just trying to express how difficult it really is. And yeah, i speak from thousands of dollars and hours of experience, 300 days a year for decades. And i still struggle enough to try to find a better way. Honestly I've never met anyone who can really use the rods without error. Now maybe a handful claim they can, but I don't believe it. That's why I preach the meditation or Zen. I just don't think most anyone has a chance any other way. Sure, after so many years you are going to develop your own meditation/Zen, but that's the slow boat to China.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in all seriousness, I have some mixed feelings about dowsing. I watched some videos and read some posts about them, and said "there's no freakin way". So I cut up an old clothes hanger and made a set. I held them in my hand and it started leading me on a wild goose chase in my house. I followed where they "wanted me to go". And where did I end up? In the corner of my bedroom where I had a bunch of silver plated and silver items (I got into this weird thrift store silver hunt kick for a while...wasnt very good at it. Found more silver plate then anything). Anyways, I thought "this is crazy!" I laid out all of the items, a combination of silver plate and silver and ran the rods over top of them. I kid you not, they hit on the real silver items! I handed my wife a Morgan silver dollar and told her to hide it. After she did, I went looking for it with the rods and found it. The crap is like voodoo man lol. I've read people's thoughts on them and they say it's all subconscious and the "inner-you" knows where the gold deposits, water, etc. Are and pass that energy through to the rods....i just have a hard time believing it. Even after having gone through what I explained above, I still have a hard time believing that they work...but who knows?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I came up with the acronym MITAS, Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition, I was half joking. I would not have stuck with the rods for so many years if i did not have a passion for them. But like the saying goes, Love is blind, it's easy to overlook the faults. And I would bet there are many many people who can totally relate to that MITAS thing, especially once the get-rich-quick fever has burned itself out.

You know the expression "Beginner's luck". Maybe "Ignorance is bliss" is a more accurate description of the novice rod user. In no time they lose their faith, then the mind games begin and never end. That's getting back to the meditation/Zen thing being an essential part of the equation.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JCurious, your conscious mind might have forgot the silver was there, but your subconscious never forgets. And if you have someone close to you hide it, you can read their mind easily where they hid it. Sam "Lobo" Wolfe talked about if you know the person who hid it, you can follow their path and the rod will stop everywhere they even thought about hiding it. Of course this isn't dowsing and it sure isn't locating with a frequency discriminator. But it's plenty of the mind/psychic stuff. The reliability factor just isn't there no matter what people try to tell you.

Now I've read plenty in the meditation books about the hazards of the back-alley hypnosis. It can cause permanent psychological damage. That's why i stress meditation instead of hypnosis. Much safer. So beware of that for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread