Bent welding rod Open Source Plans

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a piece of welding rod and bend it into an "L" shape. I like something just under 13 inches plus maybe 6 inches for the handle.

Okay, the trick is to find the right thickness you like. I prefer the thin stuff but if it's brass it will likely be too flimsy/bouncy. In the olden days they used a piece of soft iron rod.

If you go to a welding supply store you can buy a small amount of rod for a few dollars.

I like the solid handle because it doesn't flop around in the wind nearly as much. I can feel the response even when the rod does not turn in my hand. Just like a small resistance.
Super sensitive rods like the Revelation rod I used to build are nice but more suited for indoor work or calm conditions.

L-rods are obsolete.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to use a frequency generator, do not run it through the rod. Konstantin Meyl has several videos and his research found if the human body becomes the receiver there is much danger to the person. Don't be a guinea pig. Sad to say you are on your own. Reminds me of a guy who had worked sewing tents, etc. He figured he could sew a hang glider harness. Never even tested it o see if it was strong enough before putting it on the market. And of course I got chastised for showing my concerns.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oddly enough William Jensen claims to have had help from Konstantin Meyl in designing the TFR-2 prototype. He's also had Meyl's help on his radionics machines and Scalar generators. He even sent Spar all of Meyl's videos outlining they work on the same scalar principals. Frequency generation requires either a resonator or oscillation circuit or a timing ic. None of those are present in the TFR boxes. The crystals are too large and the power too low to oscillate them. At the best you might get a piezoelectric effect if you shook the box hard enough lol.

And a warning about using gas welding rod as a dowsing rod. You will either get a rod with phosphorus that will leach into your skin after short term exposure or copper coated steel which can also cause health problems after short term exposure. People with impaired kidney or liver functions should not touch them at all. Either use copper rod such as c101 or c110. Hard brass such as c260 is also safe but hard to form unless heated. Avoid leaded types unless you are going to cover it. Aluminum is safe and relatively easy to form. All of these will have better conductivity than the welding rod also.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever material you use, good idea to check the composition. Some brass contains lead. Have to laugh one time I saw some ad said "pure brass". No such thing.

Some people like stainless steel. Never cared much for it. Again, many alloys so maybe there is a good one somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread