Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Long range locater way back in early 1990s

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Nov 2018
    4
    16 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Long range locater way back in early 1990's

    I had a friend over 20 years ago who owned a long range finder. It came with a square box that had digital settings that you could set to gold, silver, etc. It also had 2 wires that you stuck in the ground, and two "L" shaped rods you held in your hands while locating. He paid close to $2000. for that long range finder, moved away and when I heard he passed away, I called his family to inquire about buying it from them only to find out they didn't know what it was and sold it to a pawn shop. I can't remember what it was called, but he had real good luck with it while living here in Arkansas. Does anyone on Treasure.net have any idea what this was actually called?
    jeff of pa, lairmo and A2coins like this.

  2. #2
    us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    1,400
    498 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Moccasin Creek View Post
    Does anyone on Treasure.net have any idea what this was actually called?
    A scam.
    ecmo, Kyboy, Icewing and 10 others like this.

  3. #3

    Dec 2003
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    64,920
    27986 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hard to say. There were several Companies Making them.
    All were outrageously Priced imo .
    I Personally Doubted their Ability to Locate anything But Buyers.

    Though there were/are some who Swear they work.

    Personally I Think they work as well as a Pair of Dowsing Rods.

    And only for those who Can also get Dowsing Rods to work For Them.

    (a Psychic Thing )

    I Knew an Old Gentleman. As Long as I Knew Him ,
    He was looking for a Cache in the Town he was Born in.
    His Dads Cache I Think.
    (Ghost Town Now) Every time a New Better Detector came Out He bought it.

    Long Story, Shortened . He swore LRL's work.
    Even inferred he Had one. Yet he never Found the Cache with it so
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Nov 24, 2018 at 07:30 PM.

  4. #4
    us
    Ed

    Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Whites m6 Garrett ATPro
    262
    843 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    A scam.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

  5. #5
    us
    Jan 2016
    NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
    1,977
    3490 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here you go, this one finds everything from iron, foil, water, caves, and 2 kinds of gold.
    You can't go wrong.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRITBE-TESO...edirect=mobile

    LMAO!!!
    lairmo, A2coins and TerryC like this.
    “During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business.” Mark Twain

  6. #6

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    12,430
    8734 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    A scam.

    Nope. They worked. How can you argue with a picture of a guy posed next to the jar of coins he just found, eh ? Photographs don't lie after all, eh ?

    And if you can't replicate the results in double blind tests, that merely means you're not using it correctly (you need more practice). And if you think the science of it doesn't work out logically, that merely means it's un-discovered science . Eg.: like how scientist once thought the earth was flat, or that heavier than air flight was impossible.

    Thus: Repent of your kill-joy attitude.
    Kray Gelder, A2coins and TerryC like this.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    papa

    Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    2,304
    3670 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Nope. They worked. How can you argue with a picture of a guy posed next to the jar of coins he just found, eh ? Photographs don't lie after all, eh ?

    And if you can't replicate the results in double blind tests, that merely means you're not using it correctly (you need more practice). And if you think the science of it doesn't work out logically, that merely means it's un-discovered science . Eg.: like how scientist once thought the earth was flat, or that heavier than air flight was impossible.

    Thus: Repent of your kill-joy attitude.
    You guys.
    A2coins and TerryC like this.


    "And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    13,024
    14169 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    To each his own Lol
    Kray Gelder, Icewing and TerryC like this.
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $4.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.50 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

  9. #9
    us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    1,400
    498 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Moccasin Creek View Post
    I had a friend over 20 years ago who owned a long range finder. It came with a square box that had digital settings that you could set to gold, silver, etc. It also had 2 wires that you stuck in the ground, and two "L" shaped rods you held in your hands while locating. He paid close to $2000. for that long range finder, moved away and when I heard he passed away, I called his family to inquire about buying it from them only to find out they didn't know what it was and sold it to a pawn shop. I can't remember what it was called, but he had real good luck with it while living here in Arkansas. Does anyone on Treasure.net have any idea what this was actually called?
    In all seriousness, what you describe, the age, and the price suggest to me it was an Omni-Range Master made by Bob Yocum. The State of Nevada shut him down many years ago and I'd guess he's dead now.
    TerryC likes this.

  10. #10

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    12,430
    8734 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moccasin Creek View Post
    ... but he had real good luck with it while living here in Arkansas.....

    Carl, how can you argue with first hand testimonials of success , like this ?
    TerryC likes this.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

  11. #11
    us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    77
    31 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    In all seriousness, what you describe, the age, and the price suggest to me it was an Omni-Range Master made by Bob Yocum. The State of Nevada shut him down many years ago and I'd guess he's dead now.
    Pretty sure he's still alive. I checked up on him for Spar a few years ago and no DC was listed. Ironically that was the first LRL he asked me about and didn't like it much when I agreed with you lol.

  12. #12

    Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    1,505
    2210 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It's actually quite simple... If they worked, there wouldn't be any Gold or Silver anywhere because the user's would have found all of it already!

  13. #13
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    2,648
    3785 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Nope. They worked. How can you argue with a picture of a guy posed next to the jar of coins he just found, eh ? Photographs don't lie after all, eh ?

    And if you can't replicate the results in double blind tests, that merely means you're not using it correctly (you need more practice). And if you think the science of it doesn't work out logically, that merely means it's un-discovered science . Eg.: like how scientist once thought the earth was flat, or that heavier than air flight was impossible.

    Thus: Repent of your kill-joy attitude.
    not gonna lie, missed you in these dowsing and lrl forums.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

  14. #14

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    12,430
    8734 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SD51 View Post
    It's actually quite simple... If they worked, there wouldn't be any Gold or Silver anywhere because the user's would have found all of it already!
    Ok, I'll be the devil's advocate here (and beat the proponent's to the punch-line) : Why can't you apply the same logic to metal detectors ? Since there is still gold and silver to be found, then ......... by your own logic, metal detectors "don't work". Because if they did, the users would have found all of it already ?

    Tsk tsk. Repent of your killjoy stance on LRLs
    TerryC likes this.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

  15. #15
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

    Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6,252
    5835 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    In all seriousness, what you describe, the age, and the price suggest to me it was an Omni-Range Master made by Bob Yocum. The State of Nevada shut him down many years ago and I'd guess he's dead now.
    Nevada shut him down... dead now... any connection here? Hmm? TTC
    If you don't like my apples, stop shaking my tree.

 

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Early 1990's Sports Cards
    By coinman123 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 14, 2017, 10:49 AM
  2. Long Range locating or Not
    By dowser in forum Long Range Locators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 22, 2014, 08:24 PM
  3. trying long range once again
    By gold24hk in forum Long Range Locators
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Dec 25, 2012, 11:27 AM
  4. LOOKING TO BUY NEW OR USED LRL LONG RANGE LOCATOR
    By kkount1989 in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2012, 10:56 AM
  5. Did anyone here CRH back in the 1980s or 1990s?
    By clovis97 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 03, 2011, 09:36 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0