OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not here to try to convince you We are all skeptical of what we don't understand. In the past, open minded skeptics have made for my best customers and friends.

I have already done a limited public query on this subject and the answers have been an overwhelming YES with more orders wanting to be placed than I can supply. The product is not on the market yet. The loss of sales to a few skeptics on this forum is irrelevant. I have honestly tried to answer your questions, and appreciate your input. Many Thanks! Dell

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
WRONG! If it doesn't work it will be because it won't work in the conditions of that Geographical area,....

Dell, Oddly, I was going to be more expansive on that post. And include the other reasons (type of soil, etc...) as other added reasons. And not just "user inexperience/error". But I am trying to be extremely brief. Yes, there will be a host of reasons why it didn't work for someone. None of which will be : "The device doesn't work".

And yes, that doesn't mean they still don't get a great return policy (eg.: "no questions asked" etc....). I wasn't commenting on the return policy.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

https://www.fondriest.com/environmen...-salinity-tds/

Yes. Reasons like these, would be among the reasons it might not work for someone. In the same way that detectors could be shut down by black sand minerals on the beach. Or interference from overhead transmission lines. Or cross-talk from nearby detectors. Or a beginner who's got steel-toed boots and keeps getting interference from them, that simply doesn't know any better.

That's why there are frequent posts by new md'rs who complain about "disappearing signals". It is quite apparent that it's not the machine. There will invariably be something (usually silly) that they are doing wrong. Thus this standard of measurement should be no different for LRL's: Outside factors, user errors, etc.... would be the cause.

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the one making up excuses. With nearly 40 years of field experience testing, using and comparing LRL's with conventional geophysical instruments I can find only two reasons why they don't always work..

(1) if the body of the user generates a stronger EM field overriding the emanating magnetic field surrounding the target the LRL doesn't work. This is rare but does happen.

(2) If the magnetic field surrounding the earth is stronger than the earth magnetic field surrounding the target the LRL will have a weak response or no response at all. This can happen when working in the vicinity of Power plants, sub stations, near high tension wires, and the residual effects of strong solar magnetic activity. In comparison, a Proton magnetometer, would be erratic, or no response under the same conditions. I have conducted hundreds of DB tests that confirm this. In my experiments I constructed an electronic device with the antenna mounted 8 feet above the ground that shielded the earth magnetic field from the stronger SMI and again, in DB tests the LRL Rods responded perfectly for a radius of 100 feet surrounding the antenna.

Please don't keep insulting my knowledge, experience and intelligence, and the satisfied consumers, with lame brain excuses of why LRL's won't work. How many thousands of field and DB tests have you conducted? Was the manufacturers of the metal detectors you purchased confident enough in their product to give you a Free Trial period and money back customer satisfaction guarantee? Dell

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
You are the one making up excuses. ....

Dell, read #25 again. You must be mis-reading it. It is acknowledging the validity of the various interferences that could be pointed to. It is in SUPPORT of your stance. Not AGAINST it.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very simple answer...NO!

If i want an LRL i will go to my closet and pick out a coat hanger for a high tech experience. If i want to go low tech, i will head out to the back yard and pick out a couple tree switches.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Dell dont forget to bring your lucky rabbits foot and 4 leaf cover with u ..... ive seen first hand all types of LRL used no one i know that used them found anything ... good luck wasting your time

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been involved in sales for more than a few years. I agree with tom in CA and here is why. when buying any expensive product say over $500 in the back of the consumer's mind are objections and fears. Like, am I going to get screwed by this company? will this product work as advertised? Sales and marketing professionals use a lot of subliminal images like showing a detector picture with some great finds. The same happens when they talk to you in person, they are always using very positive terms that are meant to assure you that you are making a wise and safe purchase. Rarely do you find a detector advertised showing pictures of junk. The marketing departments know they have to answer any of these negative consumer concerns or objections. The very best way to counter these fears and objections is to offer 100% unconditional money back guarantee. See it even sound so nice, like they want you to believe that their product is so, so good they can afford to offer 100% unconditional money back guarantee. It simply produces more buyers and some buyers have lots of money, and if the purchase does not work out, the item goes in the basement and the company never hears from them. caveat emptor!

I would rather buy from a company that I know has good products and I know has a great service department like Garrett. I really don't believe any marketing blather at all from any company. Call me a real skeptic, because I am a real skeptic.

The marketing and sales departments #1 job is to get the money from their customers. Most sale managers have a commission structure where they get a percent of their sales team's efforts and they push them to make quota. the ones who don't make quota may not be around next year. Or if their team does not produce, they might not be around next year. This is just how it is.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... no one i know that used them found anything ....

A few responses:

1) It will not be hard to find testimonials of persons who found stuff. And I don't mean "staged" or "shills" or "lying" etc.... I'm talking hard-core sincere persons, who will indeed point to stuff they found with the gadget. It's up for debate as to whether any other factors weren't involved (eg.: using a detector to "pinpoint" in places where metal abounds, etc...). But, on the other hand, to say "no one ever found anything", will be quickly trounced with counter-examples of "stuff found".

2) And Re.: the persons you allude to, that "never found anything " (even if brilliant scientists, etc...) it still would not be conclusive. Because the adherents/promoters can point to a myriad of things which ... no doubt ... skewed results for that person. Eg.: ground minerals, electronic interference, lack of proper operation, lack of practice, etc....

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few responses:

1) It will not be hard to find testimonials of persons who found stuff. And I don't mean "staged" or "shills" or "lying" etc.... I'm talking hard-core sincere persons, who will indeed point to stuff they found with the gadget. It's up for debate as to whether any other factors weren't involved (eg.: using a detector to "pinpoint" in places where metal abounds, etc...). But, on the other hand, to say "no one ever found anything", will be quickly trounced with counter-examples of "stuff found".

2) And Re.: the persons you allude to, that "never found anything " (even if brilliant scientists, etc...) it still would not be conclusive. Because the adherents/promoters can point to a myriad of things which ... no doubt ... skewed results for that person. Eg.: ground minerals, electronic interference, lack of proper operation, lack of practice, etc....

Ok, this thread makes me want to try one now....But I still don't want to pay for it.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread