Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used many different frequencies. The 5KHz is a harmonic of the power lines 50Hz. And it's not too far from 4.5KHz for lead. So maybe try something lower. I've used 3.025

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Pro. IM 45 coil.
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or to go above 5200hz. I see some other locators use 5257hz :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my gold has been found with either a Tesoro Cibola lightweight hand held standard detector. I think it ran one frequency of 14 or 15 khz.

The most recent gold has been found with my XP Deus at 74 khz. Seems for me the higher the better. Brass likes a mid range frequency, in my experience say 40 khz and lead likes frequencies under 5 khz.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used that one. The higher frequecnies take longer to lock-on when there is intermittent interference.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I misread your post. Brass or copper 11.7KHz or 6.198 0r 12.125

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started to dig into the manual of my locator :icon_scratch:
Below what they specify:

Îś1:GOLD 5000 Hz
(Low frequencies on the gold spectrum attract natural gold minerals between 4900 –5100 Hz, at 5200 –
5300 Hz rods respond at man-made gold objects of karats 18 - 22, frequencies of 5400 – 5500 Hz tend to
attract low karat jewelry. Therefore multiple checks in different frequencies are advised. When double
check, set SPECTRA at 5000 Hz, wait 5 minutes and scan again, if the rods indicate it, it is a mineral.)
Îś2:LEAD 4500 Hz
Îś3:ALUMINUM 7000KHz
Îś4:SILVER 8700 Hz
Îś5:BRONZE 11300 Hz
Îś6:COPPER 11700 Hz
Îś7: DIAMONDS 12700 Hz
Îś8:IRON 17000 Hz
M9: WATER
M10: VOID
M11: FREE 0 – 20000 Hz ( a mode where the user can select - using the arrow keys - the desirable
frequency manually to experiment )

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started to dig into the manual of my locator :icon_scratch:
Below what they specify:

Îś1:GOLD 5000 Hz
(Low frequencies on the gold spectrum attract natural gold minerals between 4900 –5100 Hz, at 5200 –
5300 Hz rods respond at man-made gold objects of karats 18 - 22, frequencies of 5400 – 5500 Hz tend to
attract low karat jewelry. Therefore multiple checks in different frequencies are advised. When double
check, set SPECTRA at 5000 Hz, wait 5 minutes and scan again, if the rods indicate it, it is a mineral.)
Îś2:LEAD 4500 Hz
Îś3:ALUMINUM 7000KHz
Îś4:SILVER 8700 Hz
Îś5:BRONZE 11300 Hz
Îś6:COPPER 11700 Hz
Îś7: DIAMONDS 12700 Hz
Îś8:IRON 17000 Hz
M9: WATER
M10: VOID
M11: FREE 0 – 20000 Hz ( a mode where the user can select - using the arrow keys - the desirable
frequency manually to experiment )
Is there a way to kill all the frequencies except one from buried gold?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t understand your question —kill all the frequencies? Frequencies from other metals? When you set a frequency only items with the same resonant frequency will be excited. You don’t kill all the other frequencies, you just excite the one you are searching for.
Not that I know of. The idea is to excite the search target with it’s resonant frequency. That lights it up.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t understand your question —kill all the frequencies? Frequencies from other metals? When you set a frequency only items with the same resonant frequency will be excited. You don’t kill all the other frequencies, you just excite the one you are searching for.

Not that I know of. The idea is to excite the search target with it’s resonant frequency. That lights it up.
From my tests so far, even if gold frequency is selected, for old rusted stuff buried in the ground, you get signal as well.
Same reaction was to brass objects.

I have done this test with my device and another person with his own hand made LRL with gold sample inside. We got same strong signal from different objects like rusted iron and brass.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my tests so far, even if gold frequency is selected, for old rusted stuff buried in the ground, you get signal as well.
Same reaction was to brass objects.

I have done this test with my device and another person with his own hand made LRL with gold sample inside. We got same strong signal from different objects like rusted iron and brass.
A couple of things to check: Angle L-rods down at the tips 4-5 cm (2”) or slightly less. Don’t use too much power—more power causes more problems. Try changing the frequency—often times an object gets gold plated and as it rusts away the gold is no longer visible. That’s 24k so try a different frequency. Time of day can be an issue when solar magnetic activity like now, so try early before sunrise probably best time right now.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of things to check: Angle L-rods down at the tips 4-5 cm (2”) or slightly less. Don’t use too much power—more power causes more problems. Try changing the frequency—often times an object gets gold plated and as it rusts away the gold is no longer visible. That’s 24k so try a different frequency. Time of day can be an issue when solar magnetic activity like now, so try early before sunrise probably best time right now.
When you get a signal, just stand there on the line and see how long the l-rods stay crossed. A weak signal will bleed off. That should help you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread