Lost Adams Diggings Found!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose that I will have to clear up the LDM , LAD, Vainopa and Naranjal since you all are doing such a poor job. Which do you prefer that I finish first?

Don Jose de la Mancha

p.s. As for Adams, remember most of a psychiatrists work is in recovering improperly stored, or forgotten memories or experiences.

A) Adams had a very bad experience, did he subconsciously block it out or change it in order to not to have face the location and experience again? what could be easier than just forgetting the proper direction to go?

Don Jose de le Mancha

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Don Jose wrote
As for Adams, remember most of a psychiatrists work is in recovering improperly stored, or forgotten memories or experiences.

A) Adams had a very bad experience, did he subconsciously block it out or change it in order to not to have face the location and experience again? what could be easier than just forgetting the proper direction to go?

Fleeing in terror, straight-line across country, perhaps at night, is not a great way to familiarize one's self with the terrain. <What McManus defined as "Full Bore Linear Panic" as opposed to the safer "Modified Stationary Panic" mode. ;D> The lone survivor of the Lost Cabin (Wyoming) did this, running away at night and traveling by night for the next three days time, and yet he seemed confident that he would be able to return to the mine. You may have it right, perhaps it is psychologically rooted so Adams could not return?
Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning ORO mi buddy: Yes it could be just that simple and explain many things. Welcome to the Tayopa / Adams area. heheheh

Seriously, it could be why that area has been combed and recombed since that time period without finding any signs, then again ??

Tayopa is another story, simpler, just trying to fit Tayopa to too many preconceived ideas.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
My friends,
I am at the very least speculating here, but I have noted that many, if not most of the lost diggins stories from most of the lost mines fit this genera. Even many of the known locations of Spanish diggings.
All seem to fall into the same type of unaccessable landscape etc.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Old Dog said:
My friends,
I am at the very least speculating here, but I have noted that many, if not most of the lost diggins stories from most of the lost mines fit this genera. Even many of the known locations of Spanish diggings.
All seem to fall into the same type of unaccessable landscape etc.

Yeah, funny that. And, even funnier - with all the foot traffic pounding the west for the past 400 years, there's not much inaccessable terrain remaining, especially for the serious seekers over the years. You don't suppose there's something amiss with the 'lost diggings' stories themselves do you? At least those tales that have been fed to us.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening Ladies & Gentlemen: Once you experience some of that country you would no longer have any doubts as to why many of them are never found.

Most of the lost mines, surprise, are found in broken up, mineralized zones, the very areas that you do not develop cities or even towns in. Temp mining camps, yes.

Also most hunters probably wouldn't recognize a lost Spanish mine if they sat down in front of it to eat their lunch. The majority of Spanish mines look like cracks or small faults, they do not have nice big portals, nor have pretty tailings. Any tailings the have long ago been washed away or are under multi ft of arroyo overburden

Some examples as to why a tremendous amount of country hasn't actually been explored adequately. In these examples are several old spanish mines, have fun.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• Hidden gold mine Naranjo ©@.jpg
    Hidden gold mine Naranjo ©@.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3,534
  • Hidden gold mine Naranjo ©@.jpg
    Hidden gold mine Naranjo ©@.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3,099
  • Tayopa canyon ©@.jpg
    Tayopa canyon ©@.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,112
  • Northern face  ©@.jpg
    Northern face ©@.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3,050

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Don Jose de La Mancha,
The North American Southwest, being politically stable and reasonably accessable to any ardent searcher the past 130 years following the demise of the 'free' Apache, should certainly have yielded a solution to the mega-placer deposit known as the 'Lost Adams Diggings'. Thousands of motivated searchers have methodically tested every drainage in eastern Arizona and western New Mexico, and even though a number of claims of discovery of the diggings have been made, none have offered any convincing proof other than a location that 'fit the landmarks'. Of course, such diggings may never have existed as described in the first place, or if they did, were greatly exaggerated, or were completely worked out by later prospectors. Other than the suspected presence of Jacob Snively in the mix of things, it would be easy to dismiss the whole shebang as whiskey talk gone wild.

That Sonora/Chihuahua barranca country of the Sierra Madre is a completely different story. There's lots of that obscure terrain that could obviously still hold any number of secrets. You've posted long-distance photos of that wilderness area several times all over TNet. They're impressive pictures for sure, but question: why haven't you ever posted photos of the 'Spanish mine' discoveries you've made down there? Pictures of an adit, a dump, an interior shot of the vein material, some of the ore, old tools, etc. would be very interesting.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Springfield my friend:

First) regarding the Adams thingie, may I refer you to two previous posts in this thread # 20 & @ 21.

In other words the Adams diggings may well have been south rather than north, and are actually in Mexico. This can easiy explain why it has never been found, especially with today's sat coverage.

Perhaps it is actually in the Tayopa zone as was once mentioned with a tongue in cheek post.

Second) Regarding pictures of the Tayopa entrance, they are both still closed and will remain so until I actually receive the permits, I am in no hurry. It is rather an after climax thingie in any event since I have no plans to work it.
___________________________________________________________________________________

The following is a cut and paste from Shipwrecks posted today.

Q) Re: Sailors' skeletons from Nelson's navy among thousands at Haslar...
Reply To This Topic #22 Posted Yesterday at 09:57:59 PM Quote

Hello Don de la Mancha. There are others at Thunting.com that doubt that you even found Tayopa since you refuse to bring anything out from the mines. They say that they have a permit for mining and treasure within six months and yet you have been waiting for years to recover anything from Tayopa. I don't care either way but I would really like to see what is in that cave before I die. I thought you would feel the same way. Now, these guys are starting to doubt if you actually found Tayopa or not. Bring the artifacts out so we can see and enjoy them OR quit claiming you found Tayopa.

A) Re: Sailors' skeletons from Nelson's navy among thousands at Haslar...
Reply To This Topic #24 Posted Today at 02:25:15 PM Quote Modify Remove

Good morning my friend Salvor: You posted -->There are others at Thunting.com that doubt that you even found Tayopa since you refuse to bring anything out from the mines.
Frankly I don't doubt it, in fact I am a bit surprised that they haven't voiced this before. However Tayopa isn't just another mine. As far as Titles go, that I already have.

But remember that Tayopa comes under various other laws rather than just mining. It requires permits from at least 4 other departments, Antiquities, National treasures, State treasures, Archaeological treasures, etc. etc., most of whom are fighting among themselves for power and recognition. With out them, once it is openly established that actually I do have The Tayopa and show them the entrance, I chance losing all to anyone of them.

So, unfortunately the doubters will just have to take me for myself for the present, and the fact than I have yet to be shown to have posted a 'fabrication' of any kind. "Always tell the truth, it is easier to remember "

I have three other mines also titled. One lies in the heart of the present Piedras Verdes Project in Sonora. they don't need it just yet, but some day soon ---- he he he.

The other two are clean and ready to go, I was intending to start them up, but the stock collapse caught me flat. I had mining stock in 'Noront' in Canada - which I was going to use, BUT - Sigh. So I wait, and wait, and wait.
Assay reports from the State of Sonora are posted in here.
_________________________________________________ ________________________________
You also posted --> OR quit claiming you found Tayopa.
Sorry, no can do, I 'have' found and own it. I have posted photos of it, but with the entrance still closed. Also posted very clear photos of the major deposit, also still closed. What they believe, has no bearing on me, or my present or future handling of Tayopa. I have had my fun in finding it, the rest is a bit of anticlimax, no hurry.
Tell them to label away.
Don Jose de La Mancha

P.S. I may suggest / hint that I had the help of a technology that is not available to the general public, of which this is the first and last word that I will say on it. Sufficient to say that I know where the upper entry is and the extent of the workings. One can go from there with lots of latitude both ways.

p.p.s. The remarks that they had permits for mining and 'treasures' in six months is a bit curious, since permits for treasures are very difficult, if not impossible to arrange under certain conditins.

To arrange Mining permits comes after denouncing a property, then filing for a title, after submitting the required technical data and survey + $$. One does not mine without the title.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hola amigos,

I understand what Springfield has pointed out, it is factual that the whole of the southwest has been explored, that many have searched for the Adams and "by rights" it SEEMS as if it should have been found already if it ever existed.

I have to respectfully disagree with this view; for we would be in error if we assumed all of those who searched, were equal in terms of their expertise in prospecting, exploration etc. Even such a simple factor as the overburden <mentioned by our amigo Don Jose> can block someone from finding the gold - even in famous NOT lost gold districts this happens even today. A person who does not dig past the overburden to the depth where the gold is, will miss it entirely. As the old saying goes, you can be a foot from a million bucks or a million feet from a buck.

There is also the nature of placers to consider; some of the very richest ever found, have been localized in quite small areas, without any long "trail" of less-rich gold placer to follow to it; we have been to several in the Seward peninsula (some years back) that were so localized as to occupy less than an acre in size, with no gold "downstream" even one mile away; <they were residual in origins, saprolitic with very coarse gold> the passage of time could have resulted in the paydirt being buried at a greater depth than it was when Adams party worked there too.

In Arizona we could point to the Rich Hill (Weaver) gold placer - it is of quite large size, but in a rather narrow band - canyons on either side of the paydirt are pretty much barren of gold even though the distance is less than 100 yards away in some places.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Oro, I too can provide a litany of excuses why the LAD has been 'missed'. Same goes for the LDM, Montezuma's treasure, salvation, bigfoot, Atlantis and Jimmy Hoffa's body. The point is that maybe it's time to realize that we suffer from wearing the blinders of conditioned lore and that things are seldom as we believe.

As far as the LAD is concerned, I'll reiterate: 'Other than the suspected presence of Jacob Snively in the mix of things, it would be easy to dismiss the whole shebang as whiskey talk gone wild.'

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi oh one with the thousand meter stare: You posted --> realize that we suffer from wearing the blinders of conditioned lore and that things are seldom as we believe.
So true, in the case of the Adams thingie, that he actually went north. As ORO and I have mentioned, the human mind's ability to change or simply forget unpleasant things as led to the very lucrative practice of Psychiatry.

It is now becoming very obvious that the story as he remembers it, is way off, perhaps, or most probably in the major compass directions. Other than this, what other factor could be responsible for it still being lost today? It isn't like a lost mine which can be hidden. The suspected area has been scanned thousands of times with sat coverage, and on foot, yet??

So if we explore this directional factor, it is NOT impossible that he was actually in the Tayopa barranca complex. Most of what he claims to be the identity of the placer working, fits Tayopa also, including the part of the Apache living there, waterfall - placer being on the right, and the travel time factor.

Hmm, perhaps I now have a new project. Let's get to cracking Oro.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The bells, the silver & gold crucifix, the candlesticks, the silver chalise and the jewel box etc. It would be exciting just to see these things. Thats why I would like to see someone, anyone bring the treasures of Tayopa out into the open.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good afternoon Salvor my friend: You posted --> The bells, the silver & gold crucifix, the candlesticks, the silver chalise and the jewel box etc.

I, more than anyone else, would love to do this, but like any battle or campaign, things must be taken in the proper sequence to be successful. I have learned patience in the search which has been ongoing off and on since the late 50's.

Incidentally the main deposit is what I would like to open. It lists 620 mule loads of gold bars. 1200 bars of silver, various other deposits,treasures and statues, and especially a room with records of Tayopa and maps. 90 kilos is considered as a normal load for that area.

As you see that represents a bit of hanky panky bait for someone in authority, as well as plain bandits / narcos, which is precisely why I am stopped until I receive the permits which could act as a possible (?) deterrent, but without them ?? With them, I have the gov as a partner, who would supply the military guard, that may turn out to be even worse.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With them, I have the gov as a partner, who would supply the military guard, that may turn out to be even worse.

Yah, I was kinda wonderin' about that!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
"With them, I have the gov as a partner, who would supply the military guard, that may turn out to be even worse."

IN MEXICO??? :o :o

Surely you jest. ::)

Joe

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
I don't think it's been found!

The I have no Proof but I believe the Surgeon was posted at Ft Bayard.

There is a Zig Zag canyon along the Mimbres River that leads to a water fall just below What is now Bear Canyon Lake.

There is a Small cave just below that water fall.

The Indians told them not to go above the water fall.

That would put you North of Pinos Altas, North of Ft Bayard and around Bear Canyon.

Bear Canyon has tons of old working down in the bottom of it and I my self can find good color down in there.

There are only two rivers that produce that kinda water up there that I know of.

The Gila and in the old days the Mimbris!

Hell, Another posible would be the canyon with the cat walk in it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread