Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Im calling out TreasureForce for their LAD claims

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2013
    1812 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Forgot to add that my real interests lie with the South/Central and Northern American countries and cultures.

us
    Jul 2012
    Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
    Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
    2250 times
    Good to see you posting again Bookaroo! I wouldn't have glanced twice at this guy, but he decided to try and insult me on FB like I was his punk. I'm from the hills, and I live by the feud. And all I am doing is giving him an opportunity to put me in my place! If he is for real, he should welcome that!
    lastleg, Don Griffith and Dirt1955 like this.

us
    Jul 2012
    2250 times
    I watched a video of him supposedly out on the Spanish Trail, and he kept saying "See it?" over and over again as he pointed at, well, nothing. Another cloud watcher with a website and access to youtube.
    Crow and austin like this.

fm
    Raggedy old Crow

Jan 2005
    In a tax haven some where
    ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
    3549 times
    Growing old disgrace fully as possible.
    Hello Interested Party

There is an old acquaintance of mine who used to live on his own private island in Bora Bora. Hes been living the beach bum life for 40 years, he had a small business renting out 2 or 3 holiday cottages on his private island for honeymooners. He as well as group of three other men who were university students Recovered cache in 1966 or 1965 in an illegal search of Cocos. That was found a cave near Cabo Atriva and discovered two skeletons in cave. It appeared that they had killed one another in a fight. There was two old sea chests. One had on one chest property of Gerald Mckintosh. There was the decayed family bible of his and book by George Vancouver. Each sea chest had a number of wedge shaped ingots and bag of gold coins. The other skeleton they assume was a William Smith. There was an old newspaper clipping of an escaped slave called William Smith. The date range of the items was around the mid 1845 to 1848. Most of the items was in very poor condicting half rotted from the Humidity. Traces of clothing could been seen on the remains there was the rotten rusted remains of a piston and bullet hole in skull of one of the remains and the other had what appeared to be the remains of bush knife into the ribs of the other

When I first met this old salt he was very guarded about the story. However after he warmed up to me he show me a few things. With what mementos he showed me I am not inclined to doubt his claim. He showed me a ring with AR 1845 on it. As when people come to fortune evil befalls them. He had a falling out between the other discoverers years ago, as one attempted to write a book against the wishes of the other three. He as well still being afraid the Costa Rican government would try to make a claim against him.. One is was a famous surgeon in Europe. But they are in thier eighties now. Some have passed away.

A few years ago he put his little motu island home up for sale as he wanted to downsize and move to an apartment. Where he is today I am not sure

Crow

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11729 times
    Crow?? Crow?? eat Crow?? now what have I done snifff.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    lastleg likes this.
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

fm
    Raggedy old Crow

Jan 2005
    3549 times
    Hello Don Jose

What Have you Done? I think sir its not what you have done?

Hmm what page are we up to pray tell? That book everyone has been hassling you over Some of us will not live to 160 so quick stalling.

Crow

Mar 2013
    1812 times
    Hello Crow

Been 'off-site' for a while. Hope your trip on the high seas went well. May you never lose that sense of adventure or the can-do attitude.

Interesting story about the Cocos Islands. Many are sceptical about that particular place, but there is no denying that in times past, it was most definitely used by passing sailors, pirates, adventurers and settlers. In amongst all the hyperbole, fantasy and lies, there are nuggets (excuse the pun please) of true and factual successful hunts such as that old seadawg shared with you. Most will never get to see, experience or touch such items, places or people who have been there and done it. Like most folk, unless you are directly involved and active in the field, nearly all of your knowledge and understanding will come from third or fourth-hand sources. You have done it so do not feel the need to "show-off", most only do this to prove some nonsense to themselves or others such as these groups who claim fantastical findings.

There are such places in Europe (and most likely across the rest of the world) where humongous deals are done regarding gold, diamonds, emeralds, ancient precious artefacts on a regular basis. A more concerted effort by authorities to 'crackdown' has just driven these people further underground. But. They exist and at the top-end, are extremely wealthy and secretive. I do not think it is worthwhile to moralise on such issues - who can really say what un/fortunate circumstances brought about such situations and hardship?

I would always take a punt on chaps like the one you encountered existing and keeping extremely quiet unless they brought into their circle and then divulged. I would also say that I would bet that such a group is becoming smaller and smaller due to society's need for stability and safety, and the public's wish to take less and less risks. The places to find, locate and uncover treasures has not diminished; what has, is the appetite for such unpredictable careers. Even when 'adventurers' go to places like you and others have been and then write books to tell their 'stories', more often than not they have 'assistants' in tow, with guides, security and even an agreement letter from publishers about their book deal!

I would say that the same situation exists for the LAD, Llanganatis/Inca treasure and others, in that they all started off real enough with people, times and places in real situations, but through twists of fate and sheer distances and timescales, they got muddled and jumbled along the way. Again, some folk did make considerable fortunes from these instances, but now you would only look into such stories to evidence it all from a historical and mystery point of view. Do not even a single person let themselves be deluded that they will be the one to find that particular treasure. That is not to say that there are still many mysteries and caches to uncover, after all, until very recently, the world was often looking for ways to secrete their fortunes and ill-gotten gains.
    Last edited by Interested Party in UK; Jan 15, 2014 at 07:19 AM.

fm
    Raggedy old Crow

Jan 2005
    3549 times
    Hello Interested Party in UK.

Still on my voyage on my laptop on the deck as it hot in Tahiti and late. I am on night watch. had a bad neck as late, too much living it up. Some of girl crew has been given me massages of late but still gives me muscle spasm on one side of neck. Once it settles down we will leave for America Samoa. I must admit every day I wake up I have pinch myself. No real job. No boss chewing my ass, no deadlines, no mortgage. Money in bank regardless of whether I get up in the morning, drowning in Eye candy as If I had died and gone to heaven. Hell I am the luckiest man alive.

Many people think they are Real treasure hunters and even some famous ones in the media. But most of them aren't.

The smart ones are mostly from very humble origins that graduated through the university of Hardknocks that shun the media like poison as their currency is invisibility. They can fly so low under the proverbial radar that you would pass them in the street and you never know. They are not glamorous as the ones portrayed on TV. Hell the ones I know will never win any beauty contests and they will definitely never grace their presence on treasure hunting reality shows. They walk a fine line between the legal and illegal. They never ever Call themselves treasure hunters. They never ever leave themselves open for incrimination as they are professionals of what they do with a passion unequaled.

They are the masters of smoke and mirrors and play the cards closest to their chest even to their closes friends or family they never reveal all. Its is not in their nature. They are experts in several languages modern and ancient. History and Archeology and several other useful vocations. They can fish for information better than most intelligence agency's. It because of this some governments will turn a blind eye to some of their activities. That and the amount of dirt they have on various governments for insurance. They have a hidden network of go to people for certain skills that they will under no circumstances ever betray. They work behind the scenes and work globally, usually here today gone tomorrow. They have connections and deal all over the world with impunity as There can channel wealth through various offshore banks and companies. They never commit themselves without masses of quality research. They will have deals you never hear of and manipulate events to thier advantage from behind the scenes. They have no loyalties to no country but themselves.

Their organizations skills are second to none. They can assemble teams of skilled people from all over the world and vanish as quickly into obscurity as needed. Yet you will never hear about them like they never existed.

They my friend are the top shelf, the unseen and unheard of, the nameless.

And how do I know all this me I am just an old bum that came across one by chance who gave me a rare insight into a world seldom seen. How many you ask are on this level and active world wide today? About perhaps no more than 8-10

Crow
    Last edited by Crow; Jan 15, 2014 at 09:29 AM.

us
    Jul 2012
    2250 times
    Does anyone have access to any records from the Pino Altos entity that purchased the gold from Jacob Snively? The 60 to 70 pounds he supposedly sold there from the LAD? In other words, is there any documentation available that proves that actually occurred? Please post or PM me with it if you have it, or point me in the right direction please!

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1300 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMatt View Post
    Does anyone have access to any records from the Pino Altos entity that purchased the gold from Jacob Snively? The 60 to 70 pounds he supposedly sold there from the LAD? In other words, is there any documentation available that proves that actually occurred? Please post or PM me with it if you have it, or point me in the right direction please!
    I live in Pinos Altos and have been trying to validate that story for years, with no luck so far. The first mention I came across was in Black Range Tales (page 399, my copy) in a story told by Jason Baxter. Others later probably used the same reference. For what it's worth, Snively allegedly sold the gold in Yuma after leaving Pinos Altos. Good luck - please let us know if you find anything. Snively is a very intriguing actor of the times.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

us
    Jul 2012
    2250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    I live in Pinos Altos and have been trying to validate that story for years, with no luck so far. The first mention I came across was in Black Range Tales (page 399, my copy) in a story told by Jason Baxter. Others later probably used the same reference. For what it's worth, Snively allegedly sold the gold in Yuma after leaving Pinos Altos. Good luck - please let us know if you find anything. Snively is a very intriguing actor of the times.
    Thanks! I have observed people in threads about the LAD here acting as if that had all been proven long ago. I remember someone talking about the actual weight and scale used to make the sale as well. I guess I need to go read back through the previous postings. Shout out if you know what I am referring to!

And by the by, I was operating from the conclusion of Jack Purcell that the "Dutchman" who sold the gold in Pinos Altos was Jacob Snively. That might not be correct...

us
    Jul 2012
    2250 times
    Springfield, I need to come down and visit you some day! Or if you are ever up in Albuquerque, let me know! Drinks are on me!

us
    Oct 2009
    5885 times
    treasureforce - YouTube

Here he is. I asked him to send me a private message, but didn't hear a whisper from him. Imagine that.
    He is also paying for fake video views and subscriptions. look at this:

Treasureforce Monthly YouTube Statistics - Socialblade YouTube Stats

see those giant spike in views and subs? That only happens when you pay a company to boost your stats with bots.
    UncleMatt likes this.

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1300 times
    Thanks! I have observed people in threads about the LAD here acting as if that had all been proven long ago. I remember someone talking about the actual weight and scale used to make the sale as well. I guess I need to go read back through the previous postings. Shout out if you know what I am referring to!

And by the by, I was operating from the conclusion of Jack Purcell that the "Dutchman" who sold the gold in Pinos Altos was Jacob Snively. That might not be correct...
    First, a correction - the BRT page number should be 39, not 399.

People tend to embellish their stories and are apt to overlook facts that might get in the way. In the first place, gold was money then - better than paper - why sell it? If he didn't want to haul that much weight around, and decided to get paper money instead, I doubt if anyone in Pinos Altos had enough paper money to pay Snively for that much gold in 1864 (the alleged LAD year). Sure, Pinos Altos was booming for the first couple years of its existence (1860-61), but bad Apache trouble and the Civil War pretty much emptied the place for years after that. It seems more likely that if he did sell the gold, it would be somewhere else (if he had it to begin with, of course). Yuma? Makes sense, since he was active in mining there in the late 1850's and also had connections in CA since the '40's.

I agree with Purcell - Snively is a good candidate as the LAD Dutchman. If there was a LAD. It's tough to piece together events that far back - most of what you read about it is baloney, IMO. I do like Snively though.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

Aug 2013
    7 times
    "UncleMatt;3794736]I feel a little odd doing this, but yet another soul is out there claiming to have found the LAD. He may already be posting here, I dont' know, but he goes by "Hutton Pulitzer" on Facebook, and I believe he is the owner of Treasureforce. Today he posted an article about the Ark of the Covenant, and I called him on some of his conclusions. I also called him on his LAD claims. His response is below:"

FYI:

In case you guys don't know, this guy is actually Jovan Philyaw and pretty much disliked by many in Silicon Valley for his "CueCat" farce. Investors lost over 100 million, some big companies got hit hard. One reporter calls him out for his shady marketing and even accusing him of out right lies...you be the judge, but I am with UncleMatt...always listen to your Uncle...lol.
    Last edited by TrunkMonkey; Jan 15, 2014 at 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links