Debunking My LDM Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

That being the case, I may as well post something I have been putting off for awhile now:

As is usual with bb's older posts, you could find some historical background for his "code". My opinion was that he, as well as others here, were using a variation of the monoalphabetic substitution cypher. That type of code substituted one letter for another. In addition, he has used certain code words injected into the puzzle. Another factor in his "breaking" the code, was the purposeful misspelling of words, before encrypting the message.

In fact, this was a favored method of encryption for the Spanish. That would lean towards an early Spanish influence on the Stone Maps. One of the most knowledgeable men in cryptography was English. He was a fellow named Roger Bacon. Oddly, he was a priest, but not a Jesuit. He was a Franciscan Monk. Perhaps it was a Franciscan who carved the stones.

In more lengthy writings, it is possible to use frequency analysis to break these kinds of codes. It would require considerable knowledge of the language being used. In order to break a mathematical code, based on the Spanish language, bb would need to be proficient in the Spanish language of the era.

Without explaining the exact methodology he used to get to the final meaning of each of his three tiers, we are left to accept his conclusions on blind faith, which when you think about it, seems eminently appropriate.

All of the above is just my unqualified opinion. :dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi joe, that is basically just what I was referring to in the three tiered code program. It can easily be made very complex, but a snap for any program designer. The multi-tiered code with a random control interior switch between tiers, and combinations of tiers, is extremely difficult to decode.

However, that being said, the tablets and any super codes just do not go together psychologically. So I do not expect to actually see any there . Remember, they were not trying to beat the 21st century code breakers, but simple uneducated Spaniards and Indians.

Don Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Roy,

The dagger is pointing north. The tip is resting on Parker Pass. The arrow on the hilt is pointing to Tim's Saddle, and the trail to the final location. It's a simple map. Been reading those maps for over fifty years.

Don't let bb confuse you. He has no code and he has no clue.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009
BB YOU NEED TO COOL IT AND CACTUS JUMPER YOU NEED TO QUIT PROVoKING HIM. Please Jeff Delete This Nonsense. Please stay in your own threads """"unless"""" your on topic here proving or debunking My Ldm Discovery. Thankyou Jeff Sincerely John V. Kemm

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009
ON TOPIC: """"One And The Same"""" Bola Cibola- Female"Lady of the Mountain" And Bollo Cobollo- Male"Beau of the Mountain" the “White Stallion” said to guard the mountain treasures the Lost Dutchman’s Goldmine.
One Female The Other Male, Both Are Descriptions of the same Animal.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can go back to the topic . i hold my self to a higher standard then trying to run others down or what they beleive in.. good topic ..

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN said:
ON TOPIC: """"One And The Same"""" Bola Cibola- Female"Lady of the Mountain" And Bollo Cobollo- Male"Beau of the Mountain" the “White Stallion” said to guard the mountain treasures the Lost Dutchman’s Goldmine.
One Female The Other Male, Both Are Descriptions of the same Animal.

Cibola; Sebola; Seville; Civola; Tivoli; Tivoli-Tyrol; Tyrol-Kino. :icon_thumleft:

Blindbowman said:
you can go back to the topic . i hold my self to a higher standard then trying to run others down or what they beleive in.. good topic ..

Who wants to run others down? It is not running someone down, NOR their beliefs, if someone else simply disagrees or is not convinced of the same ideas.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009
ORO I am In agreement, and Here is what I Say, It is not running someone down, NOR their "beliefs", if someone, "Absolutely Anyone" else simply "Agrees" disagrees or is "Convinced" or not "Convinced of the same ideas" That Makes Perfect Sense.
However When people are mean, hateful, disrespectful, and consistantly disagree out of nothing but the sheer Continuous unending consistency to disagree!Then There Is A Fine Line That Is Being "CROSSED", No Pun Intended, And a red flag is raised to "the agenda" of the individual. Now on a positive note I am now convinced to find the truth, you must run the truth through a "fine tooth comb," or as a miner would say A "Fine Gold Sieve" Which is Fine But some people go "overboard." (You Know) They Take It To far. Every One should have the "right to present their presentation, case, or findings without feeling belittled or threatened. Friendly Joking is one thing and I approve that's Fine, but, "Inappropriate Childish Behaviour" In a what should be an Adult or Mature ((((""""Treasure "Locating" Public Forum"""")))) "Inappropriate Childish Behaviour" Now Thats Just (((("KIDD")))) Stuff. And That Is The Big Difference. Protecting A Few Mines Is One Thing. But Any One Being A Horses Arse, No Pun Intended, Is Absolutely "Uncalled For" In A "Treasure Locating Forum." Sincerely The OffSpring Of Carlos Quinto or Charles V. "And Yours Forever" John V. Kemm

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
cactusjumper said:
.... One of the most knowledgeable men in cryptography was English. He was a fellow named Roger Bacon. ....
Joe Ribaudo

Francis (not Roger) Bacon was one of history's premier geniuses. The illegitimate son of Queen Elizabeth, and therefore denied the crown, he not only is the probable author of the Shakespearean plays, numerous otherworks under his own name and others, and editor of the King James version of the the bible in his spare time, but also a primary figure in the secret societies that are so prominent in the 'lost' treasures we all are so curious about. If the Peralta stones prove not to be a prank of some sort, an understanding of the Baconian cipher might well be a valuable asset in your toolbox.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Springfield said:
cactusjumper said:
.... One of the most knowledgeable men in cryptography was English. He was a fellow named Roger Bacon. ....
Joe Ribaudo

Francis (not Roger) Bacon was one of history's premier geniuses. The illegitimate son of Queen Elizabeth, and therefore denied the crown, he not only is the probable author of the Shakespearean plays, numerous otherworks under his own name and others, and editor of the King James version of the the bible in his spare time, but also a primary figure in the secret societies that are so prominent in the 'lost' treasures we all are so curious about. If the Peralta stones prove not to be a prank of some sort, an understanding of the Baconian cipher might well be a valuable asset in your toolbox.

Springfield,

Thank you for the correction but if I had wanted to discuss Francis Bacon, I certainly would have. I did mention that my man was a Franciscan Monk.......didn't I? :dontknow:

On the other hand, that was a nice piece of history. :read2:

http://www.enotes.com/classical-medieval-criticism/roger-bacon

Take care,

Joe

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll Have to go with Joe on this,
there are three Bacon's,

Rodger Bacon, who was a Franciscan monk and mathematician, sometime in the 1100's

Francis Bacon, who was a philosopher and politician, (ugh) in the 1500's to 1600's

but the third and best bacon is between two slices of bread with a mug of hot tea,

furness

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
furness said:
I'll Have to go with Joe on this,
there are three Bacon's,

Rodger Bacon, who was a Franciscan monk and mathematician, sometime in the 1100's

Francis Bacon, who was a philosopher and politician, (ugh) in the 1500's to 1600's

but the third and best bacon is between two slices of bread with a mug of hot tea,

furness

furness,

Very nice......Sir!

I believe we are now bringing home the Bacon. :snorting:

I'll take a side of Sir Francis......to go. :spam4:

Take care,

Joe

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
cactusjumper said:
Springfield said:
cactusjumper said:
Joe Ribaudo

Springfield,

Thank you for the correction but if I had wanted to discuss Francis Bacon, I certainly would have. I did mention that my man was a Franciscan Monk.......didn't I? :dontknow:

On the other hand, that was a nice piece of history. :read2:

http://www.enotes.com/classical-medieval-criticism/roger-bacon

Take care,

Joe

Ooops, sorry Joe ... you're absolutely right, I stand corrected. We (I) often gloss over Roger's extraordinary accomplishments due to the brilliance of his later non-blood namesake Francis. A 2-standard-deviation friend of mine has spent years studying the Shakespearean plays and insists that as incredible as the writing is by itself, the plays themselves were originally written in code by F. Bacon. There was a lot written about all this back in the day and into the 20th century, but the subject has been largely forgotten now. It's our Wikapedia/Facebook culture I guess. The computer geeks have been stymied trying to figure it all out too because one needs the original printed works which included the specific typefaces used as well as the text. The variations of the fonts, letter styles, etc., is part of the cipher. That's why one should be vigilant about variations in lettering on such things as the peralta stones, etc - they may have meaning. I'm still ambivalent about these stones myself - I still hold an option that they could be a clever prank (I don't like the artwork/cartoons).

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Springfield,

I'm with you on this, but there is no need to be sorry. I was just being a smart-ass.......as usual. ::) I need to chill out. This madness is wearing my patience thin.

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI BB: K first locating round from my 18" rs, you posted -->

ok you know the topo of today how about what it was in 1646 .. seeing how your only off by about 640 years

Your first salvo over shot by 284 years. derate your quartermaster to 3 rd class and re-assign him to the 01 - 08 watch

Don Jose de La mancha de la good ship Tayopa.

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009
Thank You BB Robert for taking your presentation to your own threads. Sincerely John V. Kemm :thumbsup: :coffee2: Back on Topic: Bacon's cipher or the Baconian cipher is a method of steganography (a method of hiding a secret message as opposed to a true cipher) devised by Francis Bacon. A message is concealed in the presentation of text, rather than its content.

To encode a message, each letter of the plaintext is replaced by a group of five of the letters 'A' or 'B'. This replacement is done according to the alphabet of the Baconian cipher, shown below.

a AAAAA g AABBA n ABBAA t BAABA
b AAAAB h AABBB o ABBAB u-v BAABB
c AAABA i-j ABAAA p ABBBA w BABAA
d AAABB k ABAAB q ABBBB x BABAB
e AABAA l ABABA r BAAAA y BABBA
f AABAB m ABABB s BAAAB z BABBB
Note: A second version of Bacon's cipher uses a unique code for each letter. In other words, I and J each has its own pattern.

The writer must make use of two different typefaces for this cipher. After preparing a false message with the same number of letters as all of the As and Bs in the real, secret message, two typefaces are chosen, one to represent As and the other Bs. Then each letter of the false message must be presented in the appropriate typeface, according to whether it stands for an A or a B.

To decode the message, the reverse method is applied. Each "typeface 1" letter in the false message is replaced with an A and each "typeface 2" letter is replaced with a B. The Baconian alphabet is then used to recover the original message.

Any method of writing the message that allows two distinct representations for each character can be used for the Bacon Cipher. Bacon himself prepared a Biliteral Alphabet for handwritten capital and small letters with each having two alternative forms, one to be used as A and the other as B. This was published as an illustrated plate in his De Augmentis Scientiarum (The Advancement of Learning).

Because any message of the right length can be used to carry the encoding, the secret message is effectively hidden in plain sight. The false message can be on any topic and thus can distract a person seeking to find the real message.
:thumbsup: :coffee2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions