Lost Dutchman

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA amigo Capt Bill!

Good to see you posting again! I hope you have just been too busy digging up stacks of gold and silver bars, so didn't have time to fool with us here. I can save you the trouble, for a photo of Jacob Waltz's grave, here it is:

6172003_1013480795.jpg

Directions: Walk to the extreme southwest corner of the below Madison portion of The Pioneer and Military Memorial Park. The Waltz grave is adjacent to 15th Avenue and Harrison Street, and can easily be seen from the street. The memorial to Waltz and other miners is to the east of the grave along Harrison, midway between 15th and 13th Avenues.

DA_dutchman.jpg

From this page, with map showing how to get there,
http://www.mcdonaldlawaz.com/aroundaz/graves.htm#waltz

I hope all is well with you, looking forward to reading more of your posts.
your friend in 'Dakota Territory,
Roy ~ Oroblanco

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
there are some good videos on youtube about this legend, im wishing i was in Arizona!!

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Oro,

I won't believe this is Waltzs grave until it can be seen from the window of a plane from 14,000 ft

jejeje

Furness

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco said:
:laughing9: :laughing7: :laughing9: ;D :icon_thumleft:

14,000 ft - yep that is the altitude I spotted it from! :tongue3: ;D

Didn't happen to spot Jimmy Hoffa,didya?
Theirs folks still lookin for him too,y'know? :dontknow:

SH.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Somehiker wrote
Didn't happen to spot Jimmy Hoffa,didya?

...and Old Dog replied
They found Jimmy Hoffa when they peeled the makeup off of Tammy Fae

:laughing9: :laughing7: :laughing9: :notworthy:

Well, I wasn't going to mention it but yes I saw Hoffa, as a matter of fact Jimmy was having a beer with Elvis just the other night over at the Longhorn; you never know what you will see in bumfutch Dakota! :tongue3: I was going to ask them for autographs, but they were obviously trying to stay incognito, what with those dark sunglasses on in a dark barroom late at night. If you don't believe me just call the Longhorn saloon (Wyoming technically) at 555-710-7734 and ask for Three-fingered Jack. :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, jimmy's working undercover to support the American motorist,

something about 30 ton of concrete and a flyover in upper new york state !!

Furness

BFett

Greenie
Jan 13, 2006
Seoul
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Tesoro Lobo
Well they did hide Sammy the Bull in Tucson, Az with the witness protection program. :hello:

FEMF

Sep 10, 2009
Look's like three more hikers, from Utah, are lost in the Supers. Nobody has heard from them since last Friday. They where staying in a motel and hiking from the parking lot. Two are over 50 with medical conditions. We have people dieing in city parks hear in the summer just hiking short trails and there companions say "WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL US WE NEEDED MORE WATER"? All of us tell them, but they don't hear until it's to late! It's kind of like " WATCH YOUR CHILDREN AROUND WATER" and look what happens every year. They let there guard down and Arizona in the summer is no place to do that, even in a city park!
FEMF

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FEMF said:
Look's like three more hikers, from Utah, are lost in the Supers. Nobody has heard from them since last Friday. They where staying in a motel and hiking from the parking lot. Two are over 50 with medical conditions. We have people dieing in city parks hear in the summer just hiking short trails and there companions say "WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL US WE NEEDED MORE WATER"? All of us tell them, but they don't hear until it's to late! It's kind of like " WATCH YOUR CHILDREN AROUND WATER" and look what happens every year. They let there guard down and Arizona in the summer is no place to do that, even in a city park!
FEMF

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...issing-in-Arizona/TzRiArggOUSD52a5A8q5EQ.cspx

That's more than a little strange for all 3 to be missing - and the news report says one of them was missing in the same area last year?

FEMF

Sep 10, 2009
Cubfan64 said:
FEMF said:
FEMF

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...issing-in-Arizona/TzRiArggOUSD52a5A8q5EQ.cspx

That's more than a little strange for all 3 to be missing - and the news report says one of them was missing in the same area last year?
Cubfan
It's not looking good for these guy's unless they found water. Do they have cottonwood trees in Utah? Hope so, and that they new to look for there distinctive light green color.
FEMF

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Anyone hear what area the one guy went missing in before? It might make a difference on if they could have survived. Without food, but with a good supply of water, they have a chance.

Any specifics on exactly (close) where they were going?

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Anyone hear what area the one guy went missing in before? It might make a difference on if they could have survived. Without food, but with a good supply of water, they have a chance.

Any specifics on exactly (close) where they were going?

Take care,

Joe

Joe,

I watched a number of news casts online today and as seems to be typical with these things, there were really no specifics offerred. On one of the reports the officials declined to offer further information on where one of them was lost and rescued from last year. The car apparently was left in Lost Dutchman State Park. The only other thing they mentioned was that 2 of the guys had some kind of "medical issues" that they didn't specify in the report.

Trying to put myself in their shoes, if I were to go out during the day in the middle of the summer with the intent to come back to the car and hotel every evening, I can't imagine I would have gone TOO far in - especially if my intent was to spend some time "searching" an area that I hoped to find the LDM. Even hiking 4 hours in with the plan to explore for another 4 hours and then get back out in another 4 hours is a MIGHTY LONG DAY out there at this time of year I'm sure.

I can't believe there's no sign of them yet.

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of activity around here, Looks like there bringing in more help another mobile command rig just went by my place.
Temps are gonna be up in the high 115 plus plus on the mountain for the next few days before they expect any monsoon rain to show up ............... Yep heard one of the guys had to get rescued here last year at this time!!!! Guess dude didn't learn anything from that experience.

orion024

Jan 4, 2010
I just got news of this in my local newspaper and figured I'd tune in to TNet to see what's going on! After reading some post, I really don't think it was lack of water but maybe a mine trap or something along that line, booby trap! 4 people in 2 years cause of lack of water, I don't think so.... :icon_scratch: sounds like the Apache (or someone) are still guarding this or a trap of somekind, but in reality this is a dangerous hobby, I would put money on somebody followed them from hotel or somewhere! This is just my 2 cents on the subject!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread