A llittle bit about Garden Valley

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their are Prehistoric buriel mounds, and walled up terraces, now this location is not to far from where Charlie Morgan stumbled into a hanging rope from a cliff rim,climbed up and over into a twisting cave and into a sunken valley.There he found a ancient Spanish camp littered with artifacts...Note I have heard of other similar Garden type valleys in deep remote canyons of New Mexico with lush vegitation,ancient liveing quarters in cliff faces and rare Panther cats...

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their are Prehistoric buriel mounds, and walled up terraces, now this location is not to far from where Charlie Morgan stumbled into a hanging rope from a cliff rim,climbed up and over into a twisting cave and into a sunken valley.There he found a ancient Spanish camp littered with artifacts...Note I have heard of other similar Garden type valleys in deep remote canyons of New Mexico with lush vegitation,ancient liveing quarters in cliff faces and rare Panther cats...

I'm not familiar with Charlie Morgan - care to expand on your post?

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cub64, I dont care to release any more imfo,except to those on my A list, a close nit group I treasure hunt with on occasion,and there is no B list, unless your are Jack Benneys Maxwell. Your own research is the key to any xlnt results.
gd searching to you.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't really understand your post or the reason you would bring it up unless you wanted to talk about it, but good luck to you as well.

N

natchitoches

I can't find anything on ether of these two guys named.
And very little on garden valley.
And I am a pretty good researcher.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I can't find anything on ether of these two guys named.
And very little on garden valley.
And I am a pretty good researcher.

Natchitoches,

I would recommend you find a copy of Jack Carlson & and Elizabeth Stewart's new book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails West...." and read the "History and Legends" for Garden Valley. It starts on page 255.

Jack and Elizabeth's books are essential source material for anyone interested in the Superstition Mountains. Their Website is: clearcreekpublishing.com

You won't regret it.

Good luck,

Joe

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natioches, Garden Valley is about three/4ths of a mile east-northeast of the First Water Ranch..Charlie Moregan was from the Phoneix,Ariz. area circa 1920"s..Jack Benny was a oldtime standup comic who drove a older car called/named a Maxwell..Hope this helps.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only Charlie Morgan I could find associated with the Superstitions at all is a fellow that was involved in some type of public relations surrounding the "expedition" group that went into Garden Valley in 1931 to explore the Native American ruins. This is the same group that eventually discovered Adolph Ruth's skull.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any problem with someone keeping information to themselves (heck, we ALL do that), but I can't help scratching my head when someone starts a thread about something interesting and when there are responses to the thread, the original poster doesn't want to elaborate in any way and eventually says they're "done" with the thread like that.

It's just odd to me is all - I don't really see the point of starting the thread in the first place if you don't want to talk about it? :icon_scratch:

Being that I'm thousands of miles from AZ, I'm primarily interested in the history and legends at this point, so I won't be searching for any sunken valley anytime soon :). Anyways good hunting to you too I guess motel6.5.

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Littlebearfan,

I have seen you standing in the dust before. There is power in your words of wonder, as there is in your words of wisdom. Too strong for some spirits, that power is like the snarl of the big cat that follows you into the mountains.
Homar

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Littlebearfan,

I have seen you standing in the dust before. There is power in your words of wonder, as there is in your words of wisdom. Too strong for some spirits, that power is like the snarl of the big cat that follows you into the mountains.
Homar

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks for making me smile - I haven't been doing enough of that lately!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
This will probably get deleted, and may get me in trouble, but I'm feeling reckless today.

Here's another smile.....for some of us:

One sunny day near the end of January, 2013, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama."

The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr. Obama is no longer President and no longer resides here."

The old man said, "Okay," and walked away. The following day the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama."
The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Obama is no longer President and no longer resides here."

The man thanked him and again just walked away. The third day the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying, "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama." The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Obama. I've told you already that Mr. Obama is no longer the President and no longer resides here. Don't you understand?"

The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow, Sir.

Don't forget to vote – You might make the difference!!!

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natchitoches, I cannot tell by your nomanclature if you are of American Indian decent or not, however I will say this according to my documents Geronimo knew of and used the Sunken Valley as a hideout on occasion. I would like to also say that certain Indian tribes may still be keeping a eye on these areas.This is not any kind of warning just be cautious in your movements.. Adams Digging: for those interested in further research,there was a person named James B. grey, chief of scouts on the Apache reservation of the Chiricahua Indians in Arizona,1880"s,he knew the exact location of A.D..Last location known address was Soccaro,New Mexico.

N

natchitoches

Natchitoches is one of the branches of the caddo tribe
And yes I am part Indian my great great grand father was a chief over a tribe.
my grandmother teach me a whole lot about the plants and about the old ways
i am also 5th gen. on same land too. been here sence 1874.
we came to the town of goshen(not even there no more)and got this land for 24 cents per arcer .
its in east texas.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natchitoches is one of the branches of the caddo tribe
And yes I am part Indian my great great grand father was a chief over a tribe.
my grandmother teach me a whole lot about the plants and about the old ways
i am also 5th gen. on same land too. been here sence 1874.
we came to the town of goshen(not even there no more)and got this land for 24 cents per arcer .
its in east texas.

That's great natchitoches! The amount of practical knowledge and history passed down to you through the generations must be enough to fill volumes! To be able to walk on the same land that many of your direct ancestors walked on is wonderful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread