Dutchman Ore

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws, William Hepburn Russell and alexander majors, Russell&majors, & company,np

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Roberts

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Matt and CJ.
So only 3 people know about the ore,and they aint talkin. Ok. I will stop that conversation here.
Ok,one last question, then I will quit about the ore.
If i find a piece of ore,where do I go to have it tested against the ldm to see if it matches.

roadrunner,

One good place to start would be talk with T Glover, the author of the book Golden Dream. He did an ore comparison with the dutchman ore and might be persuaded to let you have a look at what he found. Another way would be to find the man who has the matchbox and remaining dutchman ore and ask if you could do your own comparison.

Again you have to keep in mind the matchbox and dutchman ore are not public, they are in private hands. Since T Glover was allowed to compare the ore, possibly someone else may be able to also. Those would be the options open to you as I see them.

Matthew

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
roadrunner,

One good place to start would be talk with T Glover, the author of the book Golden Dream. He did an ore comparison with the dutchman ore and might be persuaded to let you have a look at what he found. Another way would be to find the man who has the matchbox and remaining dutchman ore and ask if you could do your own comparison.

Again you have to keep in mind the matchbox and dutchman ore are not public, they are in private hands. Since T Glover was allowed to compare the ore, possibly someone else may be able to also. Those would be the options open to you as I see them.

Matthew

RR,

Keep in mind that although the person who provided the samples to Dr. Glover is a highly trusted and respected man, the same, IMHO, can't be said for his source. As you know, the story all originated with a theft from under Waltz's bed. That is, pretty much, accepted by most LDM historians.

Since Kraig/Matthew believes he has "Dutchman ore", you might ask him if you could test his samples.:dontknow:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

I have known Garry Cundiff for a number of years now. He is a dedicated and truthful researcher on LDM history. He recently wrote a short post on TNet. While every word in that post was the truth, and there are public documents to back up everything he writes, his post was deleted by the moderators.

I have always respected the moderator's here, but the verifiable truth should never be deleted. Good people have been hurt and insulted by the person he wrote about.

Kudos to Garry for writing the truth. Now there is a man deserving our respect.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok,I was wrong about the last question.
Here is another. Then who has determined that the ore,LDM,does not match any ore from any mine in the state of Az.
Who did all the testing,and came up with the final answer.
Who or what dept of minerals,ASU,mine co,assayer,decided that the ore does match anything.

Or,for starters who said the LDM did not match the vulture,Mammoth,or the other 2 mines,in the supes or Goldfeild.
Also the Bulldog.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Here is another. Then who has determined that the ore,LDM,does not match any ore from any mine in the state of Az.
Who or what dept of minerals,ASU,mine co,assayer,decided that the ore does match anything.

Or,for starters who said the LDM did not match the vulture,Mammoth,or the other 2 mines,in the supes or Goldfeild.
Also the Bulldog.

RR,

Get a copy of "The Lost Dutchman Mine Of Jacob Waltz, Part 1: The Golden Dream" by Dr. Thomas E. Glover. The story you are asking about is in chapter 21.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
Matthew Roberts

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also the Bulldog.

roadrunner,

In T Glover's book, The Golden Dream, his ore comparison showed the Vulture and Goldfield mines ( Mammoth, Black Queen, Bulldog) were not matches for the Dutchman ore.

To my knowledge, the person(s) who have said the Dutchman ore does not match any other Arizona ore are talking in generalities. First it would be impossible to have a collection of EVERY ore from EVERY mine in Arizona. What the person(s) mean (in my opinion) is that the Dutchman ore does not match any Arizona ore that is available and has been tested. Thats my take on the issue.

Matthew Roberts

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Cj and Mathew.
Ok,I quit about the ore,I promise,its useless.
I am going to go join the GPaa,or whom ever with the Terrys and find my own ore or gold.Plus Bunk and the rest.

But,how about this thought also. What if I picked out all the pertinent facts posted in this forum,re worte them,and made my own book and call it some thing like:
101 Clues of What Not To Look for When Searching for The Lost Dutchman.
Probably make a lot of money.

I see you are allowed back in.That's good.
Ya,like we discussed. I know when to quit.
I will still check in,in case someone wants to give me an actual spot,or directions to go pick some thing up.
It will be another 150 years and it still wont be found.
If it existed. I mean,has any of the ore been checked with any mines from where Waltz was located, lived,or passed through.
How about around Prescott,was he not there also?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All,

I have known Garry Cundiff for a number of years now. He is a dedicated and truthful researcher on LDM history. He recently wrote a short post on TNet. While every word in that post was the truth, and there are public documents to back up everything he writes, his post was deleted by the moderators.

I have always respected the moderator's here, but the verifiable truth should never be deleted. Good people have been hurt and insulted by the person he wrote about.

Kudos to Garry for writing the truth. Now there is a man deserving our respect.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

How do you Know we deleted it ?
I Remember a complaint & deleting a Post by you that bordered on calling someone a Liar,
by suggesting they were "attempting to change history" etc. but I Do not remember a post by
Garry.
Things were going smoothly in here till now ???

What am I missing ?

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I Remember a complaint & deleting a Post by you that bordered on calling someone a Liar,
by suggesting they were "attempting to change history" etc. but I Do not remember a post by
Garry.

What am I missing ?

It's the desert heat Jeff.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the desert heat Jeff.

Must Be :laughing7:

& F.Y.I. to everyone, I talked to the Garry & as far as I see it is nobody's Business
but Garry's that his posts were deleted.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Garry.

What am I missing ?

Sorry Jeff,

If I classified "attempting to change history" as something "that bordered on calling someone a Liar" I was dead wrong. I am glad you clarified why you deleted my post. I try to always be very careful in my posts, as many tend to read their own meanings into what I write.

As I have said a number of times before, the moderators on this site are even handed and fair. What you are missing, is the fact that folks come here from other sites and within a few post start to insult me personally. Knowing their history better than most folks, I recognize their agenda, and try to inform the members where they are coming from.

You are correct that it's none of my business. In the future I will do my best to let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks for your patience,

Joe

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
seems a few items are so - so documented .... but over time its been said somewhere his gold Matched the VULTURE mine gold .

H-2,

There is no evidence that Waltz ever worked at the Vulture mine. There have been many stories circulating since Waltz died. Most of them have no basis in reality, much like the connections to the Vulture. Many people have tried to create their own history of the LDM by making up stories out of whole cloth, creating false historical documents and quoting conversations with people long dead......that could never have occurred.

It's difficult to know who or what to trust in this ever unfolding story of the LDM.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Jeff,

If I classified "attempting to change history" as something "that bordered on calling someone a Liar" I was dead wrong. I am glad you clarified why you deleted my post. I try to always be very careful in my posts, as many tend to read their own meanings into what I write.

As I have said a number of times before, the moderators on this site are even handed and fair. What you are missing, is the fact that folks come here from other sites and within a few post start to insult me personally. Knowing their history better than most folks, I recognize their agenda, and try to inform the members where they are coming from.

You are correct that it's none of my business. In the future I will do my best to let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks for your patience,

Joe

Wasn't meant just for You :thumbsup: & thank you for your Understanding .
I am trying to get Everyone to Realize we Can't Micro Manage every single Comment that
comes down the Pike and Perhaps a little Thicker skin like you have would benefit them :laughing7: & all :occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't meant just for You :thumbsup: & thank you for your Understanding .
I am trying to get Everyone to Realize we Can't Micro Manage every single Comment that
comes down the Pike and Perhaps a little Thicker skin like you have would benefit them :laughing7: & all :occasion14:

......and that we do not mod other sites, we are concerned only about TN, we do not want personal conflicts brought here from other websites...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sure is some nasty in the dutchman community...
how many of you ever saw old Milton Rose on a rant...
wow...first time I saw a grown man put more than three profane words together at a time...in broad daylight.{ I just wanted a red mixed burro from los hermonino's}
I too have thrown my share, and then some, buffalo chips...wet.
probably why I never spent more than a few minutes over the years speaking to anyone in those mountains, or the cafes about the mountain, about this mine...
"WA'LLL YOU DON'T KNOW ...' was the most typical response...from unwashed old reprobates' with firearms... 'hey, I know how to use soap and water'.
I don't know some of the absolute bizarre historical facts that have been created and thrown to the wind or sold at the circle k by the dogtrack...
thank goodness.
I do know...ya ain't gonna find the Dutchman behind a computer screen...
google earth is not much help...wow...look I can just walk from here to here in ten minutes...see the screen shot?
cats claw, mesquite, angle hair choia...hey that cliff wasn't on mapquest...
what was I posting about?

oh yea...that mine would have been found if community still meant something...if it ever did.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Ladies :notworthy:, gentlemen :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: etc. Just my dimes worth on the Dutchman's ore, 'in general' an ore can crudely be identified to a particular vein / mine at a 'certain' stage of the vein's development, but this changes as the vein is followed up which means mineral changes over geological time . This is clearly shown by the vein structure and it's formation over time. It is not constant. Too many variable changes while it is forming from here to there.

Never-the-less ----.

So effectively I would suggest that those that are 'too preoccupied' with this phase, or any other phase of the LDM, are treading on unsound and very slippery mud slopes. Don't become locked in on any particular factor, but be flexible and if something is shaky, place it to one side.

Remember that what ever you think is the ultimate clue has probably been thought of many times in the past and followed up. They weren't particularly more stupid in the past, and were closer to the orig truth than today. By the same token don't make it any more complex than it prob was originally. Put yourself into their shoes at that time and period. Would you go around carvng 10 or 100 ton boulders etc. ?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread