Another Dutch Hunter Crosses Over

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand but it would be appreciated if you could leave the photos online a little bit longer? I can't be online all the time and not even every day although I try to at least once per day. All I saw was the odd back and forth and your mention of not posting the photo - never saw what ever it was.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:
sorry ,I will post it in my thread that way it dose not stray from the topic ...

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad news to learn Charlie LeSueur of Mesa passed away suddenly last evening. Charlie along with Larry Hedrick have produced many great Mysteries of the Superstition Mountains videos with plans for many more. Charlie was a well known and loved radio, tv and film personality. He began his career as Raymond on the old Hotel Balderdash tv show in the early 70's and went on to star in tv and movie rolls. Charlie was at the forefront of keeping western history and western stars in everyone's memory. His Mysteries of the Superstitions series are already classics. A bright light has gone out for all of us.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Sad news to learn Charlie LeSueur of Mesa passed away suddenly last evening. Charlie along with Larry Hedrick have produced many great Mysteries of the Superstition Mountains videos with plans for many more. Charlie was a well known and loved radio, tv and film personality. He began his career as Raymond on the old Hotel Balderdash tv show in the early 70's and went on to star in tv and movie rolls. Charlie was at the forefront of keeping western history and western stars in everyone's memory. His Mysteries of the Superstitions series are already classics. A bright light has gone out for all of us.
i saw him not long ago and he looked fine...do you know how he passed?

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have enjoyed watching many of his videos, my condolences to Mr. Sueur's family and friends.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That's sad and quite unexpected. I also enjoyed his videos. My condolences as well.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also shocked and saddened to hear of Charlie's sudden passing.
Thoughts and prayers to all of his family and friends....

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
Dang, sorry to hear about Charlie. Enjoyed the stories and tales featured in his show. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.
Enjoy life, friends and family every day. You just never know.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thoughts and prayers to the family.
CHERISH EVERYTHING IN LIFE, IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Many of you met my cousin, Sam Tozer, at the Rendezvous. I am unable to write about his passing at this time. He will be missed by many...….

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Many of you met my cousin, Sam Tozer, at the Rendezvous. I am unable to write about his passing at this time. He will be missed by many...….

Joe

I am so sorry to hear this. I got to meet Sam at the rendezvous and found that he had a great sense of humor. I hope you and Carolyn are doing okay, will write you more by EM soon.
Roy & Beth

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry, Joe. It is hard when we get to this stage in life and see friends/family whither away. Hope you and Carolyn are doing all right (in spite of this).

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found myself thinking about Tim Hancock today while I was re-arranging some of my things and moved the knife he made for me into a new display area.

Tim packed Ashton Page and I into Whiskey Springs in 2013 as Ashton felt certain he knew where the Peralta Maps pointed to. Ashton (not his real name) was a really nice enthusiastic young guy with some serious health problems related to years working with hazardous chemicals. Neither Tim nor I thought there was much to Ashton's ideas, but Tim agreed to pack him in cause he just wanted to get out there and I wanted to tag along if for no other reason than to help Ashton make it out there and see a part of the Superstitions I hadn't been to yet.

We had a great time and I got to know Tim a little bit. He was starting to have issues with Parkinson's Disease and had to take medication along the way to keep from shaking badly. He told us a bunch of good "cowboy" stories about his life and when we got back out to his place in Scottsdale he showed us his knife making workshop. He was truly an artist and a worldwide known knife maker.

In 2016/2017 I asked him if he would be willing to make a knife for me - a smaller style Bowie knife with a damascus blade and ironwood handle. Parkinson's was really starting to affect him sadly and he was beginning the process of passing along some of his tools and equipment to someone he had been mentoring. Despite that, he graciously agreed to make the knife for me and I picked it up in the spring of 2017. Tim's health was deteriorating last I saw him, but his mind and wit were still sharp - he was just physically having a tough time. He was investigating stem cell research to help with his disease and was hoping to try anything to alleviate it. He gave me a "friends" discount on the knife and I wished him the best.

Doing a quick search on the internet just now I discovered that Tim passed away last July (2019). It's always sad when someone passes away young, but in this case especially so because the disease robbed his last couple years of one of his passions. Sad to see another person associated with the Lost Dutchman pass away as the years go by. We lost a real "cowboy character" and an expert artist.

The first photo is of the knife he made for me and the second is of Ashton Page (doing his impression of Walt Gassler in his pith helmet) and Tim sitting behind him explaining something about the area. I'm not certain, but I believe Ashton Page has also passed on due to health issues.

https://everloved.com/life-of/timothy-hancock/obituary/

knife.JPG

DSC03573.JPG

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I found myself thinking about Tim Hancock today while I was re-arranging some of my things and moved the knife he made for me into a new display area.

Tim packed Ashton Page and I into Whiskey Springs in 2013 as Ashton felt certain he knew where the Peralta Maps pointed to. Ashton (not his real name) was a really nice enthusiastic young guy with some serious health problems related to years working with hazardous chemicals. Neither Tim nor I thought there was much to Ashton's ideas, but Tim agreed to pack him in cause he just wanted to get out there and I wanted to tag along if for no other reason than to help Ashton make it out there and see a part of the Superstitions I hadn't been to yet.

We had a great time and I got to know Tim a little bit. He was starting to have issues with Parkinson's Disease and had to take medication along the way to keep from shaking badly. He told us a bunch of good "cowboy" stories about his life and when we got back out to his place in Scottsdale he showed us his knife making workshop. He was truly an artist and a worldwide known knife maker.

In 2016/2017 I asked him if he would be willing to make a knife for me - a smaller style Bowie knife with a damascus blade and ironwood handle. Parkinson's was really starting to affect him sadly and he was beginning the process of passing along some of his tools and equipment to someone he had been mentoring. Despite that, he graciously agreed to make the knife for me and I picked it up in the spring of 2017. Tim's health was deteriorating last I saw him, but his mind and wit were still sharp - he was just physically having a tough time. He was investigating stem cell research to help with his disease and was hoping to try anything to alleviate it. He gave me a "friends" discount on the knife and I wished him the best.

Doing a quick search on the internet just now I discovered that Tim passed away last July (2019). It's always sad when someone passes away young, but in this case especially so because the disease robbed his last couple years of one of his passions. Sad to see another person associated with the Lost Dutchman pass away as the years go by. We lost a real "cowboy character" and an expert artist.

The first photo is of the knife he made for me and the second is of Ashton Page (doing his impression of Walt Gassler in his pith helmet) and Tim sitting behind him explaining something about the area. I'm not certain, but I believe Ashton Page has also passed on due to health issues.

https://everloved.com/life-of/timothy-hancock/obituary/

View attachment 1832497

View attachment 1832498
nice bowie:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread