The Lost Doc Thorne Mine - was it the same mine of Jacob Waltz?

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Things like arrastras, caches of sandals, camp sites, a cast iron frying pan with a hole through it (punched by a pick, by an angry Indian warrior to "kill" it and make it useless) among other things.

I would think it is because there probably isn't an article that would make such an outlandish statement & if there was the statement could not be verified.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Roy I never tried putting a hole in a cast iron frying pan. Most I've found we're cracked in pieces . Unless it was one of those granite wear metal ones.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Roy I never tried putting a hole in a cast iron frying pan. Most I've found we're cracked in pieces . Unless it was one of those granite wear metal ones.

I have not tried it with a frying pan either, but have punched a hole in cast iron with a pick or a bullet. The frying pan (or pot, I was posting from memory not reading it from a book) could have been one of those enameled type (granite ware) which are a much softer metal.

On the other hand, Jim Bark had accumulated other physical evidence, such as old shovels and picks with rotted handles, Mexican wood irons, mule shoes etc. Evidence that something was going on up in there.

Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread