A thought about the Waltz - Thomas connection

lostdb

Dec 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I apologize if this has been covered previously.

It would seem logical (to me at least) that after the flood many of the now homeless would seek immediate shelter at a church(es) or synagogue. That in turn would lead me to wonder whether relief efforts may have been coordinated through the church(es). If so, would there be any records still in existence, and has anyone in this sub-forum looked for them?

My thinking is that how Thomas came to care for Waltz would give us additional insight into her character. If there are documents that Thomas was assigned Waltz by chance it would clarify a small bit of the LDM story for me. Could a church group, or civic organization have given Thomas a stipend to take care of Waltz? To me, the character of Thomas is the key to any understanding of the LDM story.

At the heart of other lost treasure stories I have found (in my opinion) a conman, or conwoman as in the Cocos Island Treasure story. Thomas' activities after Waltz's death do not give me a warm fuzzy about her character. On the other hand, caring for a dying old man for months would have had some effect on her.

I should have read the newspaper report of the flood before posting.
http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/l...Duppa&y=0&x=0&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

The Methodist, Methodist South, Templar's Hall and other buildings were open to the flood survivors. That still leaves open the question are there records which would show the Waltz-Thompson connection was random?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread