new show on the dutchman

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
1458 posts about a show you all "hate". I love it

Randy,

I'm with you on this one. More power to the guys that were picked to make the trip......Especially, Wayne Tuttle. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes on here. If they come back for another show, I will be watching.

Take care,

Joe

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy,

I'm with you on this one. More power to the guys that were picked to make the trip......Especially, Wayne Tuttle. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes on here. If they come back for another show, I will be watching.

Take care,

Joe

Me to joe. I also think the guys did a great job. I hope there will be another season as well.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cross was found in the first Indiana adventure, I never fore -got that, and I am always looking for one when I"m out in the field. I"m sure their are plenty out there to be found. Last time I was in New Mexico I saw some very ,Very old Church bells in a very unusual Antique shop run by a Indian tribe. They told me the bells were from a Mission no longer standing. I tried but they were"t for sale.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the locals have known about that cave for years and quite a few people have been in it...there is no cross..no treasure..just bat doo-doo..the ladder was put there years ago to mine guano...get that through your head..all your doing is getting idiots worked up to go try and pry the cross out of the cave..believe me..if there was a cross in that cave some idiot would have pried it out long ago

I just wanted to note to you (and others) that there are several people - on this forum - and others, who know where the bat cave is, have been in the bat cave and have taken pictures of the bat cave. All these people know, without a doubt, that there was no cross in the bat cave. At least not a couple of years ago. Its not a question of "if", because it just wasn't there. Period. That, however, does not reflect on ANYONE involved with the show. Many things in the Superstitions have been "planted" - by treasure hunters, anti-treasure hunters and just folks who think its funny to plant evidence. Not to mention those who may want to promote tourism. What better way to get more visitors than finding something new and different?

Also, for whomever said that he knows there is no gold in the Supers, that anyone who has spent real time on the ground, can get gold in the Supes. No, not Waltz style, but - its there, and most of the folks that I know who have spent many hours and years in the mountains, KNOWS you can get gold, because they have done it. Regardless of production or whatever issues, I enjoy seeing the people I know personally - and let's face it, after many years of going into the Supes, sometimes the only treasure you find is the beauty of the place. It also gives me an idea what I must have looked liked climbing up rocks and stones and boulders on hands and knees, and coming down areas on my butt - and collecting the cactus out of my skin when I got to the bottom. It brings back some great memories.
You guys - Wayne, Frank and all the others - Good job!

Mrs.

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy,

Take care,

Joe

I dont think its sour grapes so to speak. I think its the fact they made a total joke out of the ldm legend. I mean when they approached those 3 dudes on episode 5 with the pictures of the wheel and black hand prints, they looked at em like they were fu?$)(g nuts.people spent....(wasted) many years of their lives looking for it. The ldm is out there. I would hang out there more often except for the bad vibes . But its not what i am looking for. ll6. But bravo to the members for selling out so cheap and going on tv.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't fly a drone you can't see.

lol, can't see? Its called first person perspective flying. There is a camera on board the drone that you view through display goggles on your head. You see whatever the drone is near....

But I am against drones being used in this case. There is nothing to see in this cave other than bats.

Last edited:

SGnAZ

Aug 20, 2008
Randy,

Take care,

Joe

I agree Joe
Steve

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
1458 posts about a show you all "hate". I love it

Don't think most posters on here hate it outright. They're just disgusted that the show is insulting their intelligence, and I think you'll agree with this.

EDITED: This show pulled in a 1.932 rating.

So based on these numbers and for season 2, Go-Go Luckey will hopefully tone down the drama and flashy graphic design, and bring a lot more factual history into it, and stop trying to target the 18-30 demography with all that visual glam because that demo simply isn't interested.

This is something that Wayne T. and Frank, and the rest of the group can and should meet over, and then present to GGL, and respectfully ask them to stop dumbing down the show.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
lol, can't see? Its called first person perspective flying. There is a camera on board the drone that you view through display goggles on your head. You see whatever the drone is near....

But I am against drones being used in this case. There is nothing to see in this cave other than bats.

In an ideal location with wifi, I'm sure it works.

But for mountainous regions with deep canyons, first person flying doesn't really work in all but the most expensive drones, such as the $4.5 million version that wipes out people.

The wi-fi repeater only works when, you know, there's wi-fi available. I could be wrong, but I doubt that canyon has wifi.

It could work, though, if you had at least a 3G signal, but by the time you've realized you have just crashed into a rock wall, that drone is well on it's way down, or rather in "return home feature" mode.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but some may be unaware of current off-the-shelf drone technologies available to the public. I could stand at the foot of this ladder and fly a first person perspective quad copter drone right up into the cave with no problem at all. The ladder is very wide, and the drones are not that wide. Many such drones are less wide than human shoulders, and could navigate through tunnels at will. Of course you couldn't travel down long sections of tunnels without signal loss, which is why some people use battery powered signal repeaters that the drones drop off every so often to maintain their flight and video links. And I don't use 3g or wifi, I use other frequencies that deal with obstacles better.

But again, I am not promoting the idea that such drones should be employed to explore this cave.

C'mon, folks, don't fall for this obvious ploy. There are many other areas where you could put such drone technology to better use than to think there is something in this cave worthy of your efforts. And all it would take is a confused bat flying into one of your props to crash your drone in a very hard to reach place. Or even bat crap falling into one of them from above. You won't catch me trying to use a drone to explore this cave, I have better ways to waste my time.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a actor draws the intended response from the audience he played his part well. It's a TV show. Business is booming in AJ and the legend lives on.

This post is the only one you really need to pay attention to with regard to this show. Don't waste your time.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but some may be unaware of current off-the-shelf drone technologies available to the public. I could stand at the foot of this ladder and fly a first person perspective quad copter drone right up into the cave with no problem at all. The ladder is very wide, and the drones are not that wide. Many such drones are less wide than human shoulders, and could navigate through tunnels at will. Of course you couldn't travel down long sections of tunnels without signal loss, which is why some people use battery powered signal repeaters that the drones drop off every so often to maintain their flight and video links. And I don't use 3g or wifi, I use other frequencies that deal with obstacles better.

But again, I am not promoting the idea that such drones should be employed to explore this cave.

C'mon, folks, don't fall for this obvious ploy. There are many other areas where you could put such drone technology to better use than to think there is something in this cave worthy of your efforts. And all it would take is a confused bat flying into one of your props to crash your drone in a very hard to reach place. Or even bat crap falling into one of them from above. You won't catch me trying to use a drone to explore this cave, I have better ways to waste my time.

images.jpg imag2es.jpg

Of course Personally being there would be much better.
I like this alternative for some of the out of reach caves.
if the signal can be stabilized from a central location.

But you must realize if you can't reach the caves.
Most likely no one else ever has either. Unless the water level at the time made boating up to them possible.

either way the bats will get over it .

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oculus rift goggles aren't quite that large! :laughing7:

I thought she looked cute with a big screen tv on her head , so I chose that to make my point :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread