Season finale of Superstition Mountains show.... - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2005
    Fisher Gold Bug
    268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The whole show is annoying. The old guy with the beard "Woody" needs to have a better script writer. A couple episode's ago the group was walking through the desert and Woody has a blonde moment and as he looks around, he declares "we are in Indian country!" Hello, earth to Woody! Your already in Indian country! The whole lead up to the show is about the Apache's killing any thing that moves and the so called "Black Hand Legend". The "bat cave" is in a canyon called of all things "Crucifix Canyon". Google it, some guy posted pic's Crucifix Canyon Photoset ? Vaporman ? 2010-12-18 ? Page #2 ? HikeArizona.COM of his hike to the base of the cave. He did not make it all the way up the ladder but the name of the Canyon should give us a clue that someone has seen the cross long before this show came out. If it even is there. Now if I had risked life and limb climbing up that ladder and found a cross on the wall that sucker would have been in my back pack even if I had to gnawed it off the wall with my teeth. And if nothing else I would have tested it, even if I just scratched it with my knife it to see if it was gold or silver. They didn't even do that. I am surprised that the U.S. Forest Circus (Forest Service for the politically correct) have not torn the ladder off the wall completely to protect us from ourselves.
    TheHarleyMan2 likes this.

Mar 2014
    55 times
    The show wouldn't be on next season if they take the ladder down. I read Woody try's to climb the ladder & the Black Helicopter sends a missle his way! LOL

us
    Sep 2010
    2584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas Bob View Post
    The whole show is annoying. The old guy with the beard "Woody" needs to have a better script writer. A couple episode's ago the group was walking through the desert and Woody has a blonde moment and as he looks around, he declares "we are in Indian country!" Hello, earth to Woody! Your already in Indian country! The whole lead up to the show is about the Apache's killing any thing that moves and the so called "Black Hand Legend". The "bat cave" is in a canyon called of all things "Crucifix Canyon". Google it, some guy posted pic's Crucifix Canyon Photoset ? Vaporman ? 2010-12-18 ? Page #2 ? HikeArizona.COM of his hike to the base of the cave. He did not make it all the way up the ladder but the name of the Canyon should give us a clue that someone has seen the cross long before this show came out. If it even is there. Now if I had risked life and limb climbing up that ladder and found a cross on the wall that sucker would have been in my back pack even if I had to gnawed it off the wall with my teeth. And if nothing else I would have tested it, even if I just scratched it with my knife it to see if it was gold or silver. They didn't even do that. I am surprised that the U.S. Forest Circus (Forest Service for the politically correct) have not torn the ladder off the wall completely to protect us from ourselves.
    Not a Forest Service fan I take it.

Anyway, these guys are about to experience what Herny Hill called "the bad time". Go easy on the cast. It's the production company that should be taking the blows.
    deducer likes this.

us
    Okie

Apr 2013
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
    312 times
    Metal Detecting and Native American Artifacts
    Reading through the posts, most opinions are critical of the show and the featured five. What I realize though is, positive or negative, we are watching the show, mission accomplished by History Channel, to get us to watch it...after that they care less what we think LOL. Payday for them!
    Gold Maven likes this.
    The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are bold as a lion

us
    PEOPLE ASSUME WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Feb 2008
    Never Know I May Live Next To You!
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
    345 times
    What got me on the first 2 episodes and the commercial premiers of the other episodes was Frank, (no offense), but he sounds just like Jack Hoffman of Gold Rush with his little squeaky mouse voice! Could they be related?
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6844 times
    Hey LV Bob,

Haven't heard from you in a while. Anything exciting at Kokoweef? Or are you still involved with that?

Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

us
    Sep 2010
    2584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper733 View Post
    Reading through the posts, most opinions are critical of the show and the featured five. What I realize though is, positive or negative, we are watching the show, mission accomplished by History Channel, to get us to watch it...after that they care less what we think LOL. Payday for them!
    That's not how it works. If it doesn't continue, they will be lucky to break even.

us

Feb 2008
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
    345 times
    Reading about the cross on the back wall of the cave, I would have removed it or took a pick and sledge hammer to the back wall and see if it was a false room, but being there would be someone's estimated $200,000,000 in gold someone made up, I could care less and I would have gotten it out of there if it was in there if I found it! I would be throwing all kinds of gold bars down to the ground and holler "heads up" as each one went airborne!
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

us

Feb 2008
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
    345 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Croves View Post
    That's not how it works. If it doesn't continue, they will be lucky to break even.
    They are already in the hole from buying those brand new snake proof gaiters and leaving their gear when they thought someone was following them and left a "black hand" print at their camp site!

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6844 times
    If they paid Sonny to pack them in, then he did okay. Since Frank and Woody are retired (more or less), all their time is their own. Eric is a Fire Fighter/EMT, so he likely lost a little money. Wayne has a good job, so he likely lost some or broke even. Nobody gets much in reality shows until it gets picked up and/or goes into syndication.

Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

us
    Sep 2010
    2584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    If they paid Sonny to pack them in, then he did okay. Since Frank and Woody are retired (more or less), all their time is their own. Eric is a Fire Fighter/EMT, so he likely lost a little money. Wayne has a good job, so he likely lost some or broke even. Nobody gets much in reality shows until it gets picked up and/or goes into syndication.

Mike
    On the flip side they are cheap to produce. Hence the complaints.

Jul 2012
    Holmes County Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    1637 times
    How can they think that this cave hasn't been explored, WHEN THERE IS A GIANT LADDER THERE!

I guess someone went to a lot of bother to build a giant ladder, in a hard to get to spot, just to walk away after seeing a walled up tunnel, with an old cross in it.

Wouldn't you at least scratch the cross and the wall around it to see what they were made of?

They didn't even suggest a walled up tunnel.

Even if the ladder builders were there for guano, I think the cross would have got their attention.

What's with the old guy and his cigar? I never see him smoke, and it's always the same length, wth?

Stupid show, but I have to admit, I'm hooked.
    Two rules in life: Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

us
    Dec 2014
    EastCoast
    Tesoro Fisher GT
    16 times
    I was getting bored with it, till the last episode. That was well done, ill watch a few when it comes back on..

Jan 2014
    3540 times
    For example. Someone climbs that ladder to see a planted cross that was represented as authentic and a archeological relic. Well the ladder snaps, that someone falls and breaks their back. If it could be proven that the producers or any employee planted that cross, and represented it as authentic, there is some liability. And if it was filmed without permit, in the SWA, then it becomes a criminal act under Federal jurisdiction. PAYDAY.
    All a lawyer needs is a copy of the last episode to file a lawsuit. There wasn't even a warning preceding the show that what follows is a reconstruction, or a work of fiction, and someone is going to have a field day with this.

I thought it was pretty irresponsible for Go-Go Luckey to do something like that- film someone going up the ladder to the bat cave without some sort of disclaimer preceding the episode. Even if the FS remove the ladder, someone is still going to try and freestyle up to the crevice.

Aug 2005
    Fisher Gold Bug
    268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Hey LV Bob,

Haven't heard from you in a while. Anything exciting at Kokoweef? Or are you still involved with that?

Mike
    Hay Mike yeah it's been a while, I still have a vested interest in Kokoweef, and still involved. As far as new and exciting, we are always following new leads and getting excited, but as we grow older we are not following them as fast as we once did LOL.
    Tnmountains likes this.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links