Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mpwuzhere

Mar 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Dutchman hid his gold on Oak Island.

That...is....just....mean...

LOL....Oak Island is a lot smaller than the entire Superstition Wilderness....could you imagine if booby traps there would flood with water from the Salt River......Now there would be a show to watch!!!

SurfinTiki39

Mar 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity, did "Deal" climb all the way to the top of the ladder? It was hard to tell where the ladder went, but they never really showed him making it to the top. Just that he got off at some point. Assuming the ladder is not Jesuit or even from that time period, what is/was it for?

bammer

Apr 5, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is worth mentioning that if I saw a ladder going somewhere when I was looking for a 'lost' mine then either, someone found it and built a ladder, cleaned it out and left the ladder, or well that's about it. If I 'hid' a mine I certainly wouldn't leave a ladder hanging down from it. If I saw a ladder I would be reasonably certain that what ever was up that ladder had been scouted many times, the blue straps, the climbing ropes etc... The area the cross was in was not part of the bat cave, just watch you can see it isn't even a cave its a mine, sharp edges, obvious drifts, no bats, no guano. I am looking forward to the next season, if you watch you can see many things they don't say, this series will help others in their quest if they actually watch what they are seeing.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just out of curiosity, did "Deal" climb all the way to the top of the ladder? It was hard to tell where the ladder went, but they never really showed him making it to the top. Just that he got off at some point. Assuming the ladder is not Jesuit or even from that time period, what is/was it for?

Read a little more into the forum and ye shall find the answers ye seek.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photo of gold/silver ore I found while prospecting near a Spanish arrasta location in Arizona. gold 0132.jpg

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As far as making it to the top, don't know. Could have been a camera trick to make things "interesting, spooky and mysterious" (like the "black helicopters" "black hands" and "devils face" are suppose to do). I have seen ladders like this at other bat guano mine's so I can safely conclude that it's primary use was mining the guano in the upper most regions of the cliff face/cave.

Jan 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I was approached by New York City, ITV Studios. They were building a show based on the Lost Conferate treasure. I signed a 18 month contract for 1,500.00 an episode. They send me a cheap camera( overnight) and ask me to shoot some video of some interesting area’s with my team, my brother and another friend.
This was easy for me because I had written, acted, edited and produced a public access TV show( The Mr. Sandman Show ) that aired in 14 TV stations across the country including 2 stations in Hawaii , Burbank Ca, St Paul Minnesota. It was on the air for 12 years and most shows can now be seen on YouTube. ITV Studios had seen a few shows I did on YouTube (Kenny's Mysterious World (The "Big Rock" Confederate treasure legend) looking for treasure and I have seen some elements of my shows used on Superstition Mountains show one that comes to mind in the old man that uses his instinct and feeling of a place.
Well ITV Studios wasn’t able to sale the idea to the History Channel so the show never was made. Also never saw any money!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
That...is....just....mean...

LOL....Oak Island is a lot smaller than the entire Superstition Wilderness....could you imagine if booby traps there would flood with water from the Salt River......Now there would be a show to watch!!!

If they could do that forget the LDM and show me the secret anti-gravity technology that gets water flowing up hill :D

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to post this in every thread?
I don't understand:dontknow:

Mikey was our resident myth buster who was in search of the truth until he got banned. evidently some here do not like the truth that he uncovered. one more thing... in the short time that i have been on this forum of all those that i have pm'ed for help only one member here helped me. that was gollum. so gollum i want to thank you again for your help as i will probably get banned for this post.
Rick

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikey was our resident myth buster who was in search of the truth until he got banned. evidently some here do not like the truth that he uncovered. one more thing... in the short time that i have been on this forum of all those that i have pm'ed for help only one member here helped me. that was gollum. so gollum i want to thank you again for your help as i will probably get banned for this post.
Rick

Anyone banned was banned or put on timeout for repeatedly refusing to follow TreasureNet's rules.

Nothing in your post gives cause to ban you.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal,

If it's me you're looking for, I don't get banned. Mainly because I never start crap with anybody. I might get warned because occasionally I do reply to insults and attacks as viciously as I think I can get away with, being as this is a family friendly forum.

If it was another Mike, then I don't know.

Thanks RICK4570. I do what I can.

Mike

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum,
it was nice to not get the cold shoulder from a veteran member here and feel like a outcast. i really appreciate the help that you gave me. like i explained to you the last time that i was in the supersitions was in 1972. now that i have retired i am just trying to play catch up on any new information since then. once again thank you. some members here could learn from you.
Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread