Video - Debunking Legend of the Superstition Mountains Series

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a cut section of rock that was made into a zig zagging trail to traverese to the entrance

Its a good 30-40 feet off the ground and the approach is via a slanting ridge that diagonals up the right, where you have to get there via the ledges carved......very scary and there is a slab inside to take everyone out if tampered with....Obviously, nobody believes me until it kills me in the process, but I didnt get close enough yet.

Also the location was derived from this David Tenier painting, a part of the Rosicrucian Era Mystery of the Beloved, comissioned by Bacon and delivered by Champlain on the orders of Henry IV and King James I

View attachment 1140930 In it you can clearly make out the silouette of a cave and the outline of the state of vermont, seen by champlain in his expedition to the areas by the outlines of the lake and the conneticut river. The marker, or starting point, is this triangle with the hole in it.

View attachment 1140931

The picture you have posted here appears to be the Temptation of Saint Anthony or as seen on the picture "La Tentation de saint Antoine". David Tenier completed the painting in 1645. Champlain died in 1635. Not sure the dates add up. Could you clarify this for me?

Thank you in advance. Here are some other renderings of the painting with Saint Anthony sitting by a window in his cave. Supposedly the cave where the temptation took place was in Egypt.

Attachments

• th3.jpeg
    th3.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,209
  • antonioabate.jpg
    antonioabate.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the idea of photo-bombing season two! Maybe some Bugs Bunny pictographs should be involved...

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Video is all set. Its uploading to YouTube right now. It takes about an hour to upload, since its shot all in HD - then it takes YouTube about 30-45 mins to "process" it.

These videos always take quite a bit longer than I imagine. Thanks for everyone's patience!

@deducer - sure I'll do it, as long as you dress up as the Bugs Bunny!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture you have posted here appears to be the Temptation of Saint Anthony or as seen on the picture "La Tentation de saint Antoine". David Tenier completed the painting in 1645. Champlain died in 1635. Not sure the dates add up. Could you clarify this for me?

Thank you in advance. Here are some other renderings of the painting with Saint Anthony sitting by a window in his cave. Supposedly the cave where the temptation took place was in Egypt.

There are two Teniers....his son is the other....AKA the Younger.....which one made the paintings you have?

There are numerous versions made in the world at this time....but only one shows the map and clues...the others were crafted to protect the king's jewels.

There are only a few Rosicrucian artists that were a part of the Bacon, Poussin, Teniers combo you may know as the Three Musketeers from later writings. The original Thespian was Shakespeare, who was fond of passing messages to the Prince through his hidden works. Encoded in these works are the messages necessary to scale and calculate some very interesting mapped trails and points of reference.

Wonder where d'Artagnan sailed off to? His adventure was in New France when he was called back on a 'Secret Mission' to Paris, the same 17th century tale as Champlain's voyage...

What? hold on, wait a minute...this is the Debunking Legends of the Superstitions thread, not Debunking the Curse of Oak Island

Sorry Ryan.!!!

Still dig your vids....waiting for the upload.....post the link when done...

Last edited:

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find those Grail symbols next to the Masonic Aprons of the orders. Most don't know the Duck or Goose symbol is a death symbol it looks so benign that you wouldn't suspect. Smugglers Hills of Notch pretty cool!

Death by goose I could not think of anything worse......well maybe death by duck could be worse........Sometimes I quack my self up.......

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? hold on, wait a minute...this is the Debunking Legends of the Superstitions thread, not Debunking the Curse of Oak Island

Sorry Ryan.!!!

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought you were trying to tie all this in to the Superstitions.

Last edited:

Somecaver

Greenie
Mar 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric Deleel is the guest on Gold Radio Talk:Gold Prospecting Talk Show tonight (4/14/15) at 7PM EST. The show lasts about 1-2 hours. Eric is the member of the team on the"Legends of the Superstition Mountains" show that allegedly found the Jesuit cross in the bat cave! You can call up the show live and ask him questions!

--Somecaver

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Eric Deleel is the guest on Gold Radio Talk:Gold Prospecting Talk Show tonight (4/14/15) at 7PM EST. The show lasts about 1-2 hours. Eric is the member of the team on the"Legends of the Superstition Mountains" show that allegedly found the Jesuit cross in the bat cave! You can call up the show live and ask him questions!

--Somecaver

Why are you pushing this so hard?

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

--Somecaver
Please let us know if Eric talks more about his historic bat cave discovery. It huge!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

--Somecaver

direct link to show

deleted link because i was made aware of a rule, that we cant link
anything that has to do with our convos here, at least i think im
reading it correctly, never been banned and dont want to, just to
be safe i dont think ill post any more links to anything

We allow no links to forums that have anything to do with topics here, including links in signatures....
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beale-codes/458351-simpson-papers.html#post4483415

Last edited:

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two Teniers....his son is the other....AKA the Younger.....which one made the paintings you have?

There are numerous versions made in the world at this time....but only one shows the map and clues...the others were crafted to protect the king's jewels.

There are only a few Rosicrucian artists that were a part of the Bacon, Poussin, Teniers combo you may know as the Three Musketeers from later writings. The original Thespian was Shakespeare, who was fond of passing messages to the Prince through his hidden works. Encoded in these works are the messages necessary to scale and calculate some very interesting mapped trails and points of reference.

Wonder where d'Artagnan sailed off to? His adventure was in New France when he was called back on a 'Secret Mission' to Paris, the same 17th century tale as Champlain's voyage...

Being a history buff I try to get a story as straight as possible.

The painting which you showed in your previous post on this forum was suppose to have been painted by one of the Teniers showing the shape of Vermont on the cave wall and according to research that particular painting was completed in 1645. According to the jpg info attached to the painting you posted it was by Tenier II. IE the Younger

Now Bacon died in 1626. Poussin died in 1665. Tenier the elder died in 1649. So it must have been Tenier the Younger (who died in 1690) who was doing at least a Two Musketeer thing as you indicate with Poussin................Bacon was already on a slab (pun intended) when the painting was completed. And alas poor Shakespeare died in 1616 so I would safely say he was well out of the "picture" (no pun intended) and no longer passing notes regarding anything to anyone.

Now as far as Champlain being d' Artagnan as you indicate I'm not sure what to make of that.

In 1620, Louis XIII did order Champlain to cease exploration around the great lakes region , return to Quebec, and devote himself to the administration of the country. In every way but formal title, Samuel de Champlain served as Governor of New France, a title that may have been formally unavailable to him owing to his non-noble status. He established trading companies that sent goods, primarily fur, to France, and oversaw the growth of New France in the St. Lawrence River valley until his death in 1635.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldnt quite call this a trove.

More like a piece of Vermont and New France history, and the size of the opening warrant some further investigation, seeing as they crafed it 40 feet off the ground in the side of an imposing cliff, with a 30 degree pitch approach to it.

It is large too, with the Compass and Square cut into the rock, and the shape of the opening carved like the unfinished pyramid

Smuggs Cave Zoom.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread