The Lost Dutchmans name was...Jacob Waltz, Jacob Ludy, Youngblood, Jacobs, VonWalzer

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a problem to me with a Miner that has a proven track record of filing claims on mines ( Jacob Waltz filed a total of 5 claims before moving to Phoenix) then not creating a paperwork trail on a rich gold mine in the Superstitions? Anyone that has that kind of record would file a claim as soon as they got to town after a major discovery. Is it possible that the gold that Jacob had actually came from the 7 years of work he did in the Bradshaw Mountains?, or did he really bushwhack some Mexicans?, or was Bark right and Jacob Waltz was the "Dutchman" who shipped the gold ore four times, each shipment several years apart, from Hewitt Station to Casa Grande and on to California? The best ore was shipped only to Casa Grande (research the Bark Notes) Each of these shipments would be enough for any of us to retire on. After the last shipment the animals and gear were left at Hewitt Station and the "Dutchman" left by stage headed west never to be seen again by those at Hewitt Station. Looking at the 1880 maps shows the Hidden Treasure Mine and records show that mine was the only gold producer from the Randolph discoveries on the 50 foot wide ledge of silver ore that assayed at $500 a ton back then. This vein runs northwest from northeastern Coffee Flats to Music Mountain, anywhere along that vein could be a source of free gold.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a problem to me with a Miner that has a proven track record of filing claims on mines ( Jacob Waltz filed a total of 5 claims before moving to Phoenix) then not creating a paperwork trail on a rich gold mine in the Superstitions? Anyone that has that kind of record would file a claim as soon as they got to town after a major discovery. Is it possible that the gold that Jacob had actually came from the 7 years of work he did in the Bradshaw Mountains?, or did he really bushwhack some Mexicans?, or was Bark right and Jacob Waltz was the "Dutchman" who shipped the gold ore four times, each shipment several years apart, from Hewitt Station to Casa Grande and on to California? The best ore was shipped only to Casa Grande (research the Bark Notes) Each of these shipments would be enough for any of us to retire on. After the last shipment the animals and gear were left at Hewitt Station and the "Dutchman" left by stage headed west never to be seen again by those at Hewitt Station. Looking at the 1880 maps shows the Hidden Treasure Mine and records show that mine was the only gold producer from the Randolph discoveries on the 50 foot wide ledge of silver ore that assayed at $500 a ton back then. This vein runs northwest from northeastern Coffee Flats to Music Mountain, anywhere along that vein could be a source of free gold.

Sailaway,

In short............NO. We know the mines he had in the Bradshaws. He was screwed out of his interest in them (which is why he moved to Phoenix). First, there are known samples of ore from all three of Waltz's Mines in the Bradshaws (The Gross Load, The Big Rebel, and The General Grant). Because this ore exists, it can (and has more than likely) been tested against known Waltz Ore (matchsafe, watch fob, cuff links, stick pin). I would also hazard a guess that all that was tested against the Pit Mine Ore as well. Because he was screwed out of two of the three Bradshaw Mines, it's no wonder he didn't file a claim in the Supers. In order to file a claim, you had to give the location of the mine. The same reason the ingredients in WD-40 are still secret. If it would have been patented, then everyone would have known how to make WD40. THAT is the ONLY reason it is still a secret.

Mike

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sailaway,

In short............NO. We know the mines he had in the Bradshaws. He was screwed out of his interest in them (which is why he moved to Phoenix). First, there are known samples of ore from all three of Waltz's Mines in the Bradshaws (The Gross Load, The Big Rebel, and The General Grant). Because this ore exists, it can (and has more than likely) been tested against known Waltz Ore (matchsafe, watch fob, cuff links, stick pin). I would also hazard a guess that all that was tested against the Pit Mine Ore as well. Because he was screwed out of two of the three Bradshaw Mines, it's no wonder he didn't file a claim in the Supers. In order to file a claim, you had to give the location of the mine. The same reason the ingredients in WD-40 are still secret. If it would have been patented, then everyone would have known how to make WD40. THAT is the ONLY reason it is still a secret.

Mike

Mike, I heard it's main ingredient is fish oil, (or is it naphtha) must be true I read it on the interweb, they never lie!

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I heard it's main ingredient is fish oil, (or is it naphtha) must be true I read it on the interweb, they never lie!

Yeah, I saw that under my favorite historical quote:

"You can never trust quotes posted on the internet!"
Abraham Lincoln-1872

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread