Lost Pippinwhitepaws over the holidays. Hope ok to post.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe, glad she got a hold of you. When I called her she wanted your phone number to call you since you introduced them.
The sister in Colorado sounded to me un sure of what to do.
So Sandy thought of maybe the sister sending her or me the remains and we having a little service at the dons camp, Sandy playing the Indian flute and such as she and Donald and whomever else was there for Donald's mother.
Seeing as how de did not have much family that we know of, at least he can have his friends send him off.

Matt,

Donald had a pretty good sized family. Some of that family lived here in Lake Havasu City:

Obituary: Elmer Walter Peterson, Jr. passed away May 31, 2013 at the age of 81 in Lake Havasu City, AZ. Elmer was born February 8, 1932 in Oak Lawn, Illinois to Elmer Walter Peterson Sr. and Sue Peterson. He was the fifth of seven children.
Elmer had a variety of jobs throughout his life. At seventeen he joined the Air Force as an airplane mechanic. He was a member for three years. He was a volunteer firefighter and a member of CAP. He also built houses in both Lake Havasu and Yuma.
He was married to Glenda Ann Peterson for forty-two years. He had three children from his previous marriage, and three children that he and Glenda adopted. Elmer and Glenda moved to Lake Havasu in 1988 with their son Jonathon Peterson. Elmer was a member of Stonebridge Christian Fellowship and Living Word Family Church.
Elmer is survived by his wife: Glenda, his two younger brother and their wives: Russell and Nancy Peterson, and Raymond and Genie Peterson, his daughter and her husband: Patricia and Phil Weeden, and his five sons and their wives: Dennis and Johnnie Peterson, Donald Peterson, Jonathan and Dustie Peterson, Derek Peterson and his fiancé Yazmeen, and Gregory Peterson. His eight grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, and four great-great grandchildren also survive him.
He is preceded in death by his father; mother; older sister, Velma; and his three older brothers, Clarence, Eddie and Eugene Peterson.
He was greatly loved and will be missed by many. He was a loving husband, father, brother, grandfather, great-grandfather, great-great grandfather, friend and mighty man of God!
A Memorial Service will be Sunday, June 23, 2013 at Stonebridge Christian Fellowship located at 2700 S. Jamaica Blvd. it will be starting at 2:00 PM and there will be refreshments following.
Thoughts and condolences can be sent to Elmer’s family at Lietz-Fraze funeral home - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Arrangements were placed under the care of Lietz-Fraze Funeral Home & Crematory.

To say Donald was not close to his father, would be a tremendous understatement. He told me of his relationship with his father, something he said he didn't share with anyone. In that telling, I came to understand him.

Take care,

Joe

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey roadrunner!! Thanks for the information!! Sorry to hear of Dons passing!! Used to text with him when he was running with the logo of Secret Canyon, before he returned to his favorite of Pippinwhitepaws!! He will be missed!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I`m sorry to hear of Donalds passing. I met him at the Dons camp a few years back and he was cool to me. We talked about the pit mine and he offered to show it`s location on a map.

Squire0

May 7, 2017
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a 17 months passing since Donny left us, I am stumbling through blogs looking for likely areas to rock hunt in Alabama and I stumble onto TreasureNet ... I am absolutely grateful and full of joy knowing Donny had so many great friends. I am Donny's older brother and reading each of your entries brought unbelievable joy to my heart. At his best, my brother could be difficult and sometimes even impossible to be around yet throughout his life, even at his worst, he was an amazingly generous and loving man. I loved him and sorely miss him. If any of you were there when his remains once again joined the land he loved so much, I would cherish hearing the story. Again, I thank each of you for your thoughts and prayers yet mostly I thank you for being his friend.
La vida es corta pero el amor y la amistad duran para la eternidad - Many Thanks!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a 17 months passing since Donny left us, I am stumbling through blogs looking for likely areas to rock hunt in Alabama and I stumble onto TreasureNet ... I am absolutely grateful and full of joy knowing Donny had so many great friends. I am Donny's older brother and reading each of your entries brought unbelievable joy to my heart. At his best, my brother could be difficult and sometimes even impossible to be around yet throughout his life, even at his worst, he was an amazingly generous and loving man. I loved him and sorely miss him. If any of you were there when his remains once again joined the land he loved so much, I would cherish hearing the story. Again, I thank each of you for your thoughts and prayers yet mostly I thank you for being his friend.
La vida es corta pero el amor y la amistad duran para la eternidad - Many Thanks!

Squire - glad you stumbled across these posts. As you mentioned I don't think anyone would disagree that Donald could be a difficult personality at times, but I only met him once in RL and found him to be a really nice guy and someone I wish I could have spent more time with. I'm sorry I never got the chance to go to any of the ancient ruins we planned to visit - time just wasn't on our side.

He gave me a a book the one time we met, and whenever I see it I think of Donald.

Best regards.
Paul

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was very saddened by Don's passing. We often took conflicting opinions on many things on the forums here, but we never argued. I witnessed many pretty bad exchanges between him and others. But Don & I mostly communicated through PM's. We were always respectful to each other. He's still on my friends list here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread