Chasing Clarence Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
It' a new day and with it comes the chance to start fresh, to see things in a new light, and to form our own educated conclusions. This thread is dedicated to Clarence Mitchell and to all those who have followed his trail into the heart of the Superstitions.

Most of what I will post is not my work and where noted, protected by copyright. I have asked for, and graciously been given permission to post some of this material without compensation or condition. While I am open to and encourage debate, I ask that the conversation remain respectful, intelligent, and untainted by moronic insults and personal attacks.

A new story is being told about the stone maps and their history and after spending some time researching the details of that story, I found conflict and what I perceive to be inaccuracy. I don't believe these to be intentional and point to time, the vulnerability of memory, and lack of access to information that has been held private. Weigh these new insights yourself, form your own conclusions and beliefs. Scrutinize everything you find questionable and feel free to point out errors.

Hopefully, in time, those reading this (myself included) will be left with a much deeper understanding of history.

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

This is a re-posting of Clarence Mitchell's letter dated 14 July, 1968. In and of itself, it seems to explain that Mitchell had, at that point in time, never been to Texas. However, several possible explanations as to why Mitchell would omit this information have been suggested. One being that he did so to protect a promise made to Alleen, the promise of anonymity. It is a sound explanation and one that should be explored.

The question is, at what point in time were the McGees made aware of Travis Tumlinson and his involvement? If it was prior to 1968, the explanation becomes invalid and we must consider other ideas or come to the realization that Mitchell was, as he {edit: as he implies} wrote, never in Texas. If after 68', it would seem to show that Mitchell went to great lengths to protect Alleen and that Joe's recollection of events could be correct.

Hopefully, someone reading this knows the correct answer and will post it.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It' a new day and with it comes the chance to start fresh, to see things in a new light, and to form our own educated conclusions. This thread is dedicated to Clarence Mitchell and to all those who have followed his trail into the heart of the Superstitions.

Most of what I will post is not my work and where noted, protected by copyright. I have asked for, and graciously been given permission to post some of this material without compensation or condition. While I am open to and encourage debate, I ask that the conversation remain respectful, intelligent, and untainted by moronic insults and personal attacks.

A new story is being told about the stone maps and their history and after spending some time researching the details of that story, I found conflict and what I perceive to be inaccuracy. I don't believe these to be intentional and point to time, the vulnerability of memory, and lack of access to information that has been held private. Weigh these new insights yourself, form your own conclusions and beliefs. Scrutinize everything you find questionable and feel free to point out errors.

Hopefully, in time, those reading this (myself included) will be left with a much deeper understanding of history.

I can't wait to see the information you have Hal.

I know it will be unbiased dead accurate info if presented by you.

If you need help making it into a nice Video complete with Drone Footage I'll personally purchase a high dollar Drone so we can fill the dull moments with dynamic footage of the Superstition's with uplifting background music while debunking the inaccurate information passed on by sloppy investigation that seep's into the Stone Maps legacy.

I believe people do not do this intentionally, but, by becoming to personally involved with the story and not checking supporting historical witnesses, timelines or facts. I suppose if it's being presented as a "Fictional Story" by those whom claim to know it would be OK. I'm only interested in the truth as it happened. We've had enough Fictional renditions like the Legend's Show. The Truth is out there and the Public wants to know.

Show us the real History Hal!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

This is a re-posting of Clarence Mitchell's letter dated 14 July, 1968. In and of itself, it seems to explain that Mitchell had, at that point in time, never been to Texas. However, several possible explanations as to why Mitchell would omit this information have been suggested. One being that he did so to protect a promise made to Alleen, the promise of anonymity. It is a sound explanation and one that should be explored.

The question is, at what point in time were the McGees made aware of Travis Tumlinson and his involvement? If it was prior to 1968, the explanation becomes invalid and we must consider other ideas or come to the realization that Mitchell was, as he {edit: as he implies} wrote, never in Texas. If after 68', it would seem to show that Mitchell went to great lengths to protect Alleen and that Joe's recollection of events could be correct.

Hopefully, someone reading this knows the correct answer and will post it.

Hal,

Two personal observations:

I believe you should have been banned, along with Dave. You were both over the line for quite a few posts. I'm surprised that the moderators did not ban both of you.

Secondly, I am not comfortable with anything, Stone Map wise, that starts out with so much deceit. Ryan is doing a fine job, but I do have problems with his sources, despite his good opinions of them. The whole story seems to be being told with a monetary destination. I don't have a problem with that, but think we should all keep that possible motivation in mind.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Thanks Bill,
I just want to remind people that the bulk of what I am sharing is the work of others. I asked for help and was left humbled by the response. At the end of the trail is a truth and hopefully, if another documentary is produced, it will be something much closer than what has come before it. In all honestly, fact checking the story that's being told is time consuming and a distraction from what I am working on.

With a passionate, perhaps obsessive need for understanding, I honestly may not be able to help myself.

Garry

Apr 19, 2009

Hal,

I seldom understand your thought process. I hope the red highlighted statement in your post is not referring to the letter of July 14, 1968. There has never been any conditions on the use of any of the information in any of the documents that are posted. You must be speaking of some other permission. You should identify the person giving you permission when you post your new revelations, otherwise their stories fall into the category of more fables.

I'm also just curious about why you talk of an unblurred document and you felt it necessary to redact the P.O. Box number and the phone number from 1968. That information is obviously dated and the principals have been dead for a long time. Anyone can read the copy of the letter and see that information. Are you trying to make things into a conspiracy with these unnecessary edits and remarks of your own?

Garry

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hal,

Garry is more than correct in that you should have given him the credit as your source. Garry is the source for much of the best and most reliable information, concerning the Stone Maps and the LDM, available today. The legwork done by Garry and his wife is prodigious, to say the least.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

Two personal observations:

I believe you should have been banned, along with Dave. You were both over the line for quite a few posts. I'm surprised that the moderators did not ban both of you.

Secondly, I am not comfortable with anything, Stone Map wise, that starts out with so much deceit. Ryan is doing a fine job, but I do have problems with his sources, despite his good opinions of them. The whole story seems to be being told with a monetary destination. I don't have a problem with that, but think we should all keep that possible motivation in mind.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

I guess the moderators who, make that call, saw it differently. Dave is your friend and your loyalty to him is admirable. Perhaps its best to leave it there and to focus on Clarence Mitchell, the topic of this thread and getting to the truth.

I don't think that you are too far off with the idea that money, the potential making of it, is a detractor when doing historical research. Add in the potential for national television exposure, and things can quickly go astray. But, at the same time, I see nothing so far that would suggest that the Tumlinsons are intentionally being deceitful. Memory is a vulnerable thing and unfortunately, sometimes the only remaining record of past events. So, we are left chasing after the details that either support those memories or prove them wrong.

I will offer you an example even thou I am getting ahead of myself. I recently spoke with four individuals who would have had the opportunity to see or hear about the stone maps on display at the Gulf Station managed by Philip. Two graduated from high school there around the time Travis found the stones. Both knew Philip quite well and have a verifiable connection to him. Two other long time residents with whom I spoke, knew of the Tumlinsons, their ancestor's roll in Texan history, and remembered the Gulf Station. While each person was amazingly open and generous with their responses to my questions, not a single one could recall any treasure maps, stone maps or, any impromptu museum at the gas station. When I compare this to the story being told, there is a disconnect.

Did it happen? I was obviously not there and don't know. Perhaps it did but, I am next to certain that it was not on the scale being presented. If the town was talking about it, seeing it, there would most certainly have been some mention of it in their local small town paper. And there could be, only I have not yet had the opportunity to find it and to read about it.

You are entitled to your opinion of the Tumlinson family as a source but, I personally think that their roll in all this was much less than initially thought which, is why I encourage Old to look at Philip.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hal,

Yes, it is simply my opinion of the past history of the family. They may very well be as wonderful as Ryan has presented them.

It's true that Dave is my friend, but I still said I thought both of you should have been banned. I think you are lucky to have escaped with your skin intact. We are often reminded that this kind of behavior should not be responded to in kind, but reported to the moderators.

As for "Chasing Clarence Mitchell", I won't be taking a single step in that direction. I'm satisfied that I have more information of the man than I will ever have need for.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems I’ve committed some faux pas. Let me take another whack at setting the record straight as to what’s going on and what is and isn’t going on with the current investigation into the Stone Maps.

There are 3 groups of people who follow the Stone Maps story. Those that believe 100% in the authenticity of the maps and their traditional discovery story. Those that 100% believe it’s a total and complete hoax. And; what I believe is the wide majority opinion, that there are bits of truth and bits of fantasy woven into a real story.

There is a current investigation into the life and history of Travis Tomlinson and his role in the Stone Maps history. The lead of that group is persona non grata to some folks. So; we will just leave that part lay. I play a small role in this investigation and will be happy to answer questions when I can, and to be a go between to direct you further when appropriate. Most of you know who to contact and where, and don’t need me to direct you. Your input is welcome. Some information is open and available, other information is not. I hope you understand and respect the difference and understand why some constraints are necessary.

The reason your input is wanted and welcome is twofold. Many of you have spent a life time researching and following the Stone Map trail. You are a resource and data bank of information to complete the story. You also represent a well experienced base to test the accuracy or fallacy of new found artifacts and leads. Who better? None, I’d say.

But; back to the research project. To fully understand the Stone Maps, their history and the involvement of Travis Tomlinson you have to understand the man. You have to get into his head and mind set. You need to understand fully his ancestry, his youth, his family relationships and interactions, parts of his troubled youth and his role as husband, father, son, grandson, son-in law, etc., etc.., all of it. You have to put yourself into his shoes and see the world of the Southern and Western United States in post-World War II. Only then will you have a window into understanding what drove the man. It will give you an advantage in gleaning truth from the Stone Maps, Challenge for Superstition Gold, and the events that followed the death of Travis Tomlinson.

Who better to give you that insight than those among us today that shared their lives with Travis and Aileen, and their daughter, Janie and her family? Travis’ family and friends have a wealth of information to provide insight into the man and what made him tick. They also have first-hand information to share with you concerning what they know of the Stones from their personal interaction with them.

Some of that information will support long held beliefs of the Stone’s history and origin. Some will challenge those beliefs to their very core. Are we, as a group of enthusiasts, up to challenge of having some of our previous thoughts vindicated and others dashed? Some are, and you are to be congratulated. It appears that others are not and wish to cast doubt and accusations of bad faith in every direction. That’s a waste of time and resources.

Some of those doing so are good minded researches who have much to bring to the table of knowledge. The hand of friendship and working together to a common goal of truth has been extended. Extended time and again. Far better to work together in harmony and mutual respect than to work to disparage and disrupt.

As to the controversy of Clarence Mitchell and his (actually Grace’s) July 1968 letter to the McGee’s. In the long run, I don’t think it really matters. We know Clarence Mitchell purchased the Stones from Aileen. Don’t think anyone disputes that. Where the controversy comes is Joe’s recollection of “the man” who visited the family farm to develop a relationship with them to help negotiate with Aileen over the purchase. We (collective group) feel 95% certain that was Clarence Mitchell. There is a 5% chance it was someone else. Joe, being a young teenager at the time doesn’t recall a name, but it does recall features of the man and his purpose for being there. That’s the story he is relating to you. If we (research group) are wrong it does little to change the outcome other than add the interesting possibility of a go-between purchaser.

NEWS ALERT…………We have access to a never before seen document to substantiate what we believe. We have access to the Purchase Contract drawn between Aileen, as seller and Clarence O. Mitchell as purchaser and the explicit requirement of secrecy of the Tomlinson family identity. I’m sure Mitchell did feel a moral obligation to Aileen but here we find there was also a LEGAL obligation to conceal that information…….from everyone, forever.

The interview with Joe that troubles some was done at a time when there was ZERO monetary incentive for Joe to embellish the story. The “story” at that time was only about Challenge for Superstition Gold. The rights to which belonged to the persona non grata. Further, Joe’s mother, who has given the name of the visitor as Clarence Mitchell has ZERO monetary interest in anything. Not then, not now.

As to what some believe are revelations as to Phil and his role……….Trust me; the investigation has a vast knowledge of Phil, his role and that of his descendants. He’s not new news to this story. You have been looking at his picture, as shown the ground map photo and others, for six months.

The folks who bring you first-hand knowledge have no obligation to share. When they do, its up to you to accept it gracefully and accept it as a gift. You are under no obligation to accept it blindly. Eye witness accounts vary depending on what was important to the beholder at the time. By all means use your own good judgment and analysis. Its up to you and your good judgment to determine with whom you find truth and genuine accounts. Its also up to you to determine who is motivated by ill intentions, jealousy and all other manner of disparaging acts. Choose wisely.

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

I seldom understand your thought process. I hope the red highlighted statement in your post is not referring to the letter of July 14, 1968. There has never been any conditions on the use of any of the information in any of the documents that are posted. You must be speaking of some other permission. You should identify the person giving you permission when you post your new revelations, otherwise their stories fall into the category of more fables.

I'm also just curious about why you talk of an unblurred document and you felt it necessary to redact the P.O. Box number and the phone number from 1968. That information is obviously dated and the principals have been dead for a long time. Anyone can read the copy of the letter and see that information. Are you trying to make things into a conspiracy with these unnecessary edits and remarks of your own?

Garry

Hello Gary,
Yes, your hope is correct. I was writing about what is coming next which, if you recall, I wrote is not my work. Unless I forget, I almost always give the source or a hyper link to it. You will have to be more specific in your question about the un-blurred image. I don't know how to respond to it or what you are looking for.

Yes, anyone can read a copy of that letter and anyone can see the address in Old's photograph of the Gulf station. If you are asking me why I think its irresponsible to post those things on social media, current or not, I would have to assume that you don't appreciate an individuals right to privacy. Look at my photo of the gas station. The address is blocked out because the person who lives there is entitled to some level of privacy in my opinion. You must feel differently if you feel it unnecessary to block out that information.

You seldom post on my threads and the timing is curious but appreciated.

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

Garry is more than correct in that you should have given him the credit as your source. Garry is the source for much of the best and most reliable information, concerning the Stone Maps and the LDM, available today. The legwork done by Garry and his wife is prodigious, to say the least.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

I may be wrong but I don't think that was Gary's concern. "There has never been any conditions on the use of any of the information in any of the documents that are posted".

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Seems I’ve committed some faux pas. Let me take another whack at setting the record straight as to what’s going on and what is and isn’t going on with the current investigation into the Stone Maps.

There are 3 groups of people who follow the Stone Maps story. Those that believe 100% in the authenticity of the maps and their traditional discovery story. Those that 100% believe it’s a total and complete hoax. And; what I believe is the wide majority opinion, that there are bits of truth and bits of fantasy woven into a real story.

There is a current investigation into the life and history of Travis Tomlinson and his role in the Stone Maps history. The lead of that group is persona non grata to some folks. So; we will just leave that part lay. I play a small role in this investigation and will be happy to answer questions when I can, and to be a go between to direct you further when appropriate. Most of you know who to contact and where, and don’t need me to direct you. Your input is welcome. Some information is open and available, other information is not. I hope you understand and respect the difference and understand why some constraints are necessary.

The reason your input is wanted and welcome is twofold. Many of you have spent a life time researching and following the Stone Map trail. You are a resource and data bank of information to complete the story. You also represent a well experienced base to test the accuracy or fallacy of new found artifacts and leads. Who better? None, I’d say.

But; back to the research project. To fully understand the Stone Maps, their history and the involvement of Travis Tomlinson you have to understand the man. You have to get into his head and mind set. You need to understand fully his ancestry, his youth, his family relationships and interactions, parts of his troubled youth and his role as husband, father, son, grandson, son-in law, etc., etc.., all of it. You have to put yourself into his shoes and see the world of the Southern and Western United States in post-World War II. Only then will you have a window into understanding what drove the man. It will give you an advantage in gleaning truth from the Stone Maps, Challenge for Superstition Gold, and the events that followed the death of Travis Tomlinson.

Who better to give you that insight than those among us today that shared their lives with Travis and Aileen, and their daughter, Janie and her family? Travis’ family and friends have a wealth of information to provide insight into the man and what made him tick. They also have first-hand information to share with you concerning what they know of the Stones from their personal interaction with them.

Some of that information will support long held beliefs of the Stone’s history and origin. Some will challenge those beliefs to their very core. Are we, as a group of enthusiasts, up to challenge of having some of our previous thoughts vindicated and others dashed? Some are, and you are to be congratulated. It appears that others are not and wish to cast doubt and accusations of bad faith in every direction. That’s a waste of time and resources.

Some of those doing so are good minded researches who have much to bring to the table of knowledge. The hand of friendship and working together to a common goal of truth has been extended. Extended time and again. Far better to work together in harmony and mutual respect than to work to disparage and disrupt.

As to the controversy of Clarence Mitchell and his (actually Grace’s) July 1968 letter to the McGee’s. In the long run, I don’t think it really matters. We know Clarence Mitchell purchased the Stones from Aileen. Don’t think anyone disputes that. Where the controversy comes is Joe’s recollection of “the man” who visited the family farm to develop a relationship with them to help negotiate with Aileen over the purchase. We (collective group) feel 95% certain that was Clarence Mitchell. There is a 5% chance it was someone else. Joe, being a young teenager at the time doesn’t recall a name, but it does recall features of the man and his purpose for being there. That’s the story he is relating to you. If we (research group) are wrong it does little to change the outcome other than add the interesting possibility of a go-between purchaser.

NEWS ALERT…………We have access to a never before seen document to substantiate what we believe. We have access to the Purchase Contract drawn between Aileen, as seller and Clarence O. Mitchell as purchaser and the explicit requirement of secrecy of the Tomlinson family identity. I’m sure Mitchell did feel a moral obligation to Aileen but here we find there was also a LEGAL obligation to conceal that information…….from everyone, forever.

The interview with Joe that troubles some was done at a time when there was ZERO monetary incentive for Joe to embellish the story. The “story” at that time was only about Challenge for Superstition Gold. The rights to which belonged to the persona non grata. Further, Joe’s mother, who has given the name of the visitor as Clarence Mitchell has ZERO monetary interest in anything. Not then, not now.

As to what some believe are revelations as to Phil and his role……….Trust me; the investigation has a vast knowledge of Phil, his role and that of his descendants. He’s not new news to this story. You have been looking at his picture, as shown the ground map photo and others, for six months.

The folks who bring you first-hand knowledge have no obligation to share. When they do, its up to you to accept it gracefully and accept it as a gift. You are under no obligation to accept it blindly. Eye witness accounts vary depending on what was important to the beholder at the time. By all means use your own good judgment and analysis. Its up to you and your good judgment to determine with whom you find truth and genuine accounts. Its also up to you to determine who is motivated by ill intentions, jealousy and all other manner of disparaging acts. Choose wisely.

Amazing discovery. My only question to you would be the date of that agreement. Shouldn't be any issues in posting that information.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hal,

One other thing, concerning the "curious timing" of replies. I have believed, for some time now, that some members watch these topics constantly and immediately report to certain individuals who may have an interest but don't normally/often post here.

How's that for a conspiracy theory? :dontknow:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

Yes, it is simply my opinion of the past history of the family. They may very well be as wonderful as Ryan has presented them.

It's true that Dave is my friend, but I still said I thought both of you should have been banned. I think you are lucky to have escaped with your skin intact. We are often reminded that this kind of behavior should not be responded to in kind, but reported to the moderators.

As for "Chasing Clarence Mitchell", I won't be taking a single step in that direction. I'm satisfied that I have more information of the man than I will ever have need for.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

So far I count three steps in that direction. Posts 4, 7, & 9. If the words in red are sincere, one can only assume that you are posting simply to tell everyone how disappointed you are with me not getting banned. You expressed that thought now twice and I think most get it. My only suggestion would be to direct your concerns to the mods. and let this thread be about Mitchell.

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

One other thing, concerning the "curious timing" of replies. I have believed, for some time now, that some members watch these topics constantly and immediately report to certain individuals who may have an interest but don't normally/often post here.

How's that for a conspiracy theory? :dontknow:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

I have never given much thought to suggestions of conspiracies until recently when that word started finding its way into these threads. Things happen, people make decisions in private and sometimes work to keep those decisions confidential. Its often driven by greed on one side and a lack of understanding on the other. Its a misused word like terrorism. "Terrorists" in my opinion are nothing more than organized criminals and should be dealt with as such. All cultures suffer from it.

Most people can't keep a secret to save their lives and are far to insecure to maintain a true conspiracy.

Last edited:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal,

In another thread, now locked, you questioned the accuracy of the man I'm calling Clarence Mitchell traveling from the family homestead to MD Anderson Hospital to visit with Aileen. I believe you indicated it was too far to travel daily. I haven't gone back to double check Joe's video of the retelling of those events. But; what I can tell you is, you are way off in your distance estimations.

Joe and his immediate family were living in Pasadena, Texas, a suburb of Houston at the time. I believe you wrongly assumed they were in Stockdale. Just bringing you up to date as information is made publicly available.

Actual facts do get in the way of assumptions. That's a good lesson for all of us.

Lynda

Garry

Apr 19, 2009
Hello Gary,
Yes, your hope is correct. I was writing about what is coming next which, if you recall, I wrote is not my work. Unless I forget, I almost always give the source or a hyper link to it. You will have to be more specific in your question about the un-blurred image. I don't know how to respond to it or what you are looking for.

Yes, anyone can read a copy of that letter and anyone can see the address in Old's photograph of the Gulf station. If you are asking me why I think its irresponsible to post those things on social media, current or not, I would have to assume that you don't appreciate an individuals right to privacy. Look at my photo of the gas station. The address is blocked out because the person who lives there is entitled to some level of privacy in my opinion. You must feel differently if you feel it unnecessary to block out that information.

You seldom post on my threads and the timing is curious but appreciated.

Hal,

This is taken from your original post in Old's thread, Post #90. You wrote:
I have enclosed parts of the letter for you to review, un-blurred. (Your words) As I said before, I seldom understand your thought process but I thought it implied you had taken a blurred image and un-blurred it. I don't believe that was what happened as I have never seen a blurred image of any of the documents?

BTW - Why can't your special source share their revelations themselves? Why do they require a mouthpiece? Straight from the horse's mouth is much better than second hand information, don't you agree? I hope you do your homework before proceeding.

Garry

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

In another thread, now locked, you questioned the accuracy of the man I'm calling Clarence Mitchell traveling from the family homestead to MD Anderson Hospital to visit with Aileen. I believe you indicated it was too far to travel daily. I haven't gone back to double check Joe's video of the retelling of those events. But; what I can tell you is, you are way off in your distance estimations.

Joe and his immediate family were living in Pasadena, Texas, a suburb of Houston at the time. I believe you wrongly assumed they were in Stockdale. Just bringing you up to date as information is made publicly available.

Actual facts do get in the way of assumptions. That's a good lesson for all of us.

Lynda

Those of us who do not have direct access to the Tumlinsons can only go by what was presented to us in the story. When I say story, I mean what was written, not filmed. The time line. I have read it several times now and Pasadena was never mentioned unless I miss it. There was more than enough for time someone to correct my Stockdale assumption before that thread was locked but, that that never happened... something you complain about quite often. Pasadena would change the drive time considerably. Do you know when and how long the family resided in Pasadena? Thank you for the update.

So, what about your news flash and my question about it's date? Sharing that information would go along way to reinforce the story (timeline). I believe you when you say that there was no legal obligation to withhold the Tumlinson name. It only reinforces my opinion of Mitchell being a decent man.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Garry, When you speak I listen! You are THE man.

I do find interesting that Hal chose to only post an incomplete version of the 1968 letter and none of the follow up which is even more interesting.

But; as you say and so graciously shared with all of us. Its all there to see and read.

Those who haven't done so would be will served by reviewing Garry excellent research at the following link.
I'm a little gun shy and hope this link isn't another faux pas on my part. Its not a competing site. Its a research repository. And a GOOD one.

Index of /~gcundiff/LostDutchman

Lynda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions