Indian/Mexican clues to the Los Dutchman...anyone?

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hello all:
I am a new LDM reader here and have benefited greatly from all your discussions and thoughts and opinions regarding the LDM.
I get confused from all the clues from here and there...from this person to that person....
Does anyone have just a list of Indian/Mexican clues? As a way to compare to the dutchman's?

Without question, the best collection of DLM related information.

Treasure Tales of the Superstitions
T.E. Glover

https://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Tal...UTF8&qid=1473896679&sr=8-1&keywords=TE+Glover

Welcome.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
85044 I bid you welcome. I'm part Indian and I don't have a clue. But if your Spanish and later Mexican the clues are limitless out there. Go to the signs and symbols thread under Treasure.

Study that a little but don't take it all for the Gospel and go out and judge for yourself. There ain't no short cuts the ground is littered with false Dutchman pits. Take what you need and travel your own path friend.

Great to have you on board!

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
85044 I bid you welcome. I'm part Indian and I don't have a clue. But if your Spanish and later Mexican the clues are limitless out there. Go to the signs and symbols thread under Treasure.

Study that a little but don't take it all for the Gospel and go out and judge for yourself. There ain't no short cuts the ground is littered with false Dutchman pits. Take what you need and
travel your own path friend.

Great to have you on board!

Bill Riley,
U ol bushwhacker.

TallTx

Greenie
May 20, 2016
Georgetown, TX
Detector(s) used
Winbest Sharp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome.
As a fairly newby to the site as well, I found it difficult to wade through the thousands of threads related to the LDM. Although I do recommend it.
I found it difficult to find the actual unmolested original versions of some of these LDM stories.
I purchased a copy of "A Motif Index for lost mines and treasures applied to redaction of Arizona legends and to lost mine and treasure legends" (whew, what a title) written by Byrd Howell Granger. The book lists 44 of the LDM legends stories and even a couple of stories disproving the existance,and provides an index to the common threads in each story. It was published in 1973 and contained what she believed were all of the LDM stories up to that date. She began her research in 1959.
(none mentioned any stone maps) This index lets you look at the commonalities of the LDM to other Arizona treasure legends as well.

I found a used copy on Amazon.

Happy Treasure hunting.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hello all:
I am a new LDM reader here and have benefited greatly from all your discussions and thoughts and opinions regarding the LDM.
I get confused from all the clues from here and there...from this person to that person....
Does anyone have just a list of Indian/Mexican clues? As a way to compare to the dutchman's?

Welcome to Treasurenet rk85044 and TallTex!

Great suggestions posted, I would only add as a suggestion to find a copy of The Lost Dutchman Mine by Sims Ely. While it contains many clues from several sources, it does include some of the 'Indian' clues such as the story of the woman that remembered her husband 'winnowing' gold grains on top of a mesa. Unfortunately there is reason to suspect (or believe) that many of the clues and including the Mexican and Indian clues are wrongly being associated with the mine of Jacob Waltz. On the plus side, this would also mean that there are in fact several lost mines in the same area, rather than just one.

Please do continue:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:
Oroblanco

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
Hello all:

what part of Ahwatukee are you in? I'm off chandler and 45th

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread