Stone maps in 3 d

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Globes have been around....and round....ever since the "flat" world became passe .
Aside from that, and maybe even older, the Aztecs for example, created shrines which incorporated 3-d replicas (arrangements of stone) which represented certain mountains on the horizon.

Here's a coin, dated 350BC with a relief map on one side.....https://goo.gl/images/hf67N4

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say yes because I have them from my place. It matches the topo perfectly. Has the outside face of a lion and a priest ''s hat

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say yes because I have them from my place. It matches the topo perfectly. Has the outside face of a lion and a priest ''s hat

Ever seen the back sides of the original stone crosses ?
No lions or tigers though......

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No never . I only know what's around my site.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is small ,fits in your hand. There is another one that covers more land. I've never shown it to anyone because of the numbers on it. They are there on every site that I've seen.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure a few people have seen the backs of the original crosses, or at least photos of same, but they might not realize what they were looking at, unless the were familiar with the area to which they apply.
Even then, I believe that what's on the fronts has to be compared with the relief maps on the backs. Only then will things begin to fall into place.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

The relief of the stone Cross map :

Cross.jpg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't do anything for me, Marius.
I don't see anything in your GE sat view that matches either of the reverse sides of the original stone crosses.
They show what appears to be canyon walls, connecting ravines and could be a "box" canyon.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

First , I don't know how you came to the conclusion how the backs of the stone crosses represent the region/relief where they should apply .

STONE_CROSSES_1.jpg

And second , the two Crosses are for the same region and the reverse sides are different each other .
The image that I posted is accurate .

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How Marius ?
By spending many days on foot in those mountains, rather than hours staring at Google Earth.
Including 40+ hours so far this week.
The back sides are a very close representation of the area I am interested in.
Good luck.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More possible is to see the real Cross relief in the coffee grounds than in the reverse sides of the Crosses .
I hope you can't see your car from your interested area .
The luck is not enough to find the Cross area , but you need supplemental skills . The truth is how many hours of hiking make a strong body . At least you will be recompensed with something .

PS

And , I'm not staring at GE , but I open it just to make some overlays to help some " trying hard " stoners .
And , about hiking those mountains , reminds me a Greek proverb which says " Come grandpa to show you where are your vineyards " .

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
More possible is to see the real Cross relief in the coffee grounds than the reverse sides of the Crosses .
I hope you can't see your car from your interested area .
The luck is not enough to find the Cross area , but you need supplemental skills . The truth is how many hours of hiking make a strong body . At least you will be recompensed with something .

PS

And , I'm not staring at GE , but I open it just to make some overlays to help some " trying hard " stoners .
And , about hiking those mountains , reminds me a Greek proverb which says " Come grandpa to show you your grape lands " .

Marius,

I don't really understand your obsession with lecturing somehiker, who obviously has spent more time in the Superstitions than 99% of us.

How much time have you spent in the Superstition mountains? Have you ever been to them?

This question has been asked of you many times by a few of us, and you have never given a straight answer.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

Is not a lecture but only a debate . SH seems to be offended when I show/write my opinion . He don't allow anybody to write something which is contrary to his beliefs . Sometimes he is arrogant and force me to answer in the same way . The only lecture that he should hear , would be about modesty .
Maybe is time to stop debating with him . Anyway I know whom theory is right .
And , if I spent time in the Superstitions , remains a mystery .

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

Is not a lecture but only a debate . SH seems to be offended when I show/write my opinion . He don't allow anybody to write something which is contrary to his beliefs . Sometimes he is arrogant and force me to answer in the same way .
Maybe is time to stop debating with him . Anyway I know whom theory is right .
And , if I spent time in the Superstitions , remains a mystery .

I don't think he is offended; probably just amused. He certainly has the right to pontificate about something he knows pretty well.

I am not really interested in who's right and who's not- that's redundant at this point. I am merely intrigued as to why you feel compelled to lecture someone about a region he's been to many times over twenty-something years, whereas you have never been there.

If I am wrong, please let me know.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think he is offended; probably just amused. He certainly has the right to pontificate about something he knows pretty well.

I am not really interested in who's right and who's not- that's redundant at this point. I am merely intrigued as to why you feel compelled to lecture someone about a region he's been to many times over twenty-something years, whereas you have never been there.

If I am wrong, please let me know.

And others spent all their lives without any result . IMO , if somebody spend long time in the mountains that doesn't means how is a good treasure hunter .
I believe SH will be not so amused at the end .

And , if you are wrong , you will learn later .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not offended at all.......by any of this.
You have your own approach to finding what's important to you, and I have mine. I greatly enjoy the time I spend out there in the mountains, whether I find anything valuable and useful or not. Even the animals I see....herds of javelina, coyotes, deer, bobcats, lizards and snakes sometimes provide a bit of entertainment. A couple of days ago, when I was crawling through this passage, which ends in a small room high enough to stand in, I noticed what, in the dim lighting, appeared to be a large yellowish beetle scurrying ahead of me through the debris on the floor. I pulled out my flashlight to see a bit better, only to realize that the " beetle " was actually the tail end of a diamondback. The snake was just trying to get away though, and didn't coil and rattle until I turned the light on him. He wasn't there when I went back yesterday.

DSCF1281sm.jpg

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
And others spent all their lives without any result . IMO , if somebody spend long time in the mountains that doesn't means how is a good treasure hunter .
I believe SH will be not so amused at the end .

And , if you are wrong , you will learn later .

I don't think that I am wrong.

Just because you don't see anything posted on this or any other forums does not mean nothing has been found. After all, this forum is monitored by those with vested interests, so one can't be too careful, eh?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that I am wrong.

Just because you don't see anything posted on this or any other forums does not mean nothing has been found. After all, this forum is monitored by those with vested interests, so one can't be too careful, eh?

Of course .

torie517

Jul 11, 2015
big heart mountain
Detector(s) used
Do not
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to the bolder and go to the right trail and up you will cross the creek about 3 time there is a heart on a stone there is trail to the left follow that up the cross is there the maps are just up from the heart there at the stone maps my phone got a voice you can hear on UTUB it says north cylinder with a spiral around the cylinder then it says up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread