history channel

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Frank, you're a great guy. I respect you and your service as a LEO. You let the Director make you into a cartoon character. The rest of the crew was trailer trash right out of central casting. Jealous? No. I've shot stuff for American, Dutch, English, and French television over the years. It is a lot of standing around, doing stuff over and over again, and putting up with producers and directors that in my experience are not folks you would want at your campfire.

The show sucked Frank, but you are a stand up guy. :occasion14:

i wouldn't say it completely sucked....i did get many laughs watching it....in my opinion all it did was bring more idiots in the mountains that have no business being there...more idiots mean more govt control and more road closures ...in defense of the cast they had no idea how bad the show was going to be until it aired..they had no control over the editing

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i wouldn't say it completely sucked....i did get many laughs watching it....in my opinion all it did was bring more idiots in the mountains that have no business being there...more idiots mean more govt control and more road closures ...in defense of the cast they had no idea how bad the show was going to be until it aired..they had no control over the editing

Agreed.:occasion14:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really liked the series!!!
I couldn't watch it weeknights, but on a Saturday they played the whole series.

I was really on the edge of my seat when the hand print appeared (thinking the Indians were going to show up & wipe everybody out!).
The circle of rocks were cool & untouched after all these years!!!
The hidden bat cave with the ladder to the heavens & the silent silver cross, I thought they were going to find the holy grail!!
The guy with the cigar reminded me of Columbo (I watch Columbo every night & it's my favorite series).

Carrol

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
They stopped after they got caught lying about finding the cross in the bat cave, way too many people have been in there and way too many people knew that thing was never there to begin with lol, oh and let's not forget the black hand prints and medicine wheels right off the highway. The show was BS and made some reputable people now look not so reputable

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually if they incorporated a love story in there somewhere (like Titanic),
would have captured a larger audience.
Like if one of the old timers met a granny in a shack (like Jose Wells movie) Hit it off, maybe.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Actually if they incorporated a love story in there somewhere (like Titanic),
would have captured a larger audience.
Like if one of the old timers met a granny in a shack (like Jose Wells movie) Hit it off, maybe.

a love triangle between the two erics and wayne?:headbang:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or Bill Riley (dressed in black) jumps out of a hole firing blanks at everybody, screaming "IT'S ALL MINE!".

Or as the team of prospectors hiking they run into a drug deal gone wrong with guns a blaz'in!

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Or Bill Riley (dressed in black) jumps out of a hole firing blanks at everybody, screaming "IT'S ALL MINE!".

Or as the team of prospectors hiking they run into a drug deal gone wrong with guns a blaz'in!

dont give them any idea's..lol

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldnt say that the show sucks. dont see it with your expert eyes... I would never fly to Arizona if i hadnt seen the show. it explains the desert the history of arizona and let the people like me dreaming. ok... it disappoints a little when you know that some things were made up for the show, but thats what it is. a tv show. i have seen the show ever and ever again and now i can say that i am a real little dutch hunter ;)
Without frank I would not even know that there is the legend. a tourist gain IMO.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
black robe bill?:dontknow:

I was a Catholic for many years before I converted to the dark side of the Jesuit force!

The Women would just love my big Wand and large tassel's!

I could see it now...

Uncle Josh

Greenie
Jan 10, 2017
Mesa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should play some of the "outtakes" or deleted scenes. Also was wondering how many different cool specimens and minerals they found, crystals etc.?

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bon Dia Padre O' RILEY. do you have any - palanca - with the Jesuit soc in Rome ? it seems that I have this little problem with
tayopa and -------------

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread