Letter from Doc Rosencrans to my dad

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Corral

There's a lot of holes to your Story, That don't wash.
Not one person has yet proved Travis made the Stone Maps, Period!
Not even the great Ryan Gordon, Now personality I liked your Fathers stuff, A True go getter.
But to suggest ones work as false, or a copy of your fathers, just rubs me alittle bit on the harsh side.
When in reality it's Your Dad who followed after Travis.

The Spanish treasure maps used the trinity system. 2-3-1,
2= start
3= directional
1= your there

2=3 means your at your direction Now your set for 1

I believe your dad found a personal stash marked by the system.
Had to store there shares just the same.

but do continue

babymick1

did you learn that at the same school that taught you how to paint 2x4's gold with spray paint?:dontknow:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
did you learn that at the same school that taught you how to paint 2x4's gold with spray paint?:dontknow:

No Dave

But I did stay at a Hoilday Inn last night. No but I do have a research team. There is not one credible source that the maps are fake. Even the FBI's results weren't to authenticate them to lead to something but to determine there age so AZ could claim them under the antiquities law. That was there role in examining them. They were considered over a hundred years old or more. That's how AZ got them.

So if found in 1947 plus a hundred = 1847

babymick1 PS my gold 2x4's sell like hot cakes for 1300 a OZ!

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave

I learned other things to, like the tunnel from the top.

IMG_1886.JPG

About 15 20 feet down And what it looks like at the bottom.

IMG_1887.JPG

Ahh Dave I found another Quarter OZ!

Whooooo. Babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
wow mick...if pyrite ever gets to be worth something you will be rich....actually i'd like to have a big chunk of that quartz and pyrite to make a sphere with

You always seem to be lost Dave. Why would you ask for a pyrite one sphere when you could have a Gold One!

lets recap

first pick you say 2x4's
2nd pic placer gold
3rd pic is where it comes from, same gold, but you call it placer gold with no doubt, but now it's Pyrite.

So please tell all on here what it is Dave,

Babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
You always seem to be lost Dave. Why would you ask for a pyrite one sphere when you could have a Gold One!

lets recap

first pick you say 2x4's
2nd pic placer gold
3rd pic is where it comes from, same gold, but you call it placer gold with no doubt, but now it's Pyrite.

So please tell all on here what it is Dave,

Babymick1
pic #1887 is pyrite mick....

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
No Dave

But I did stay at a Hoilday Inn last night. No but I do have a research team. There is not one credible source that the maps are fake. Even the FBI's results weren't to authenticate them to lead to something but to determine there age so AZ could claim them under the antiquities law. That was there role in examining them. They were considered over a hundred years old or more. That's how AZ got them.

So if found in 1947 plus a hundred = 1847

babymick1 PS my gold 2x4's sell like hot cakes for 1300 a OZ!

Mick, Desert Archaeology Inc examined the maps and declared them to be modern fakes. Their conclusions are posted elsewhere. On top of this, members of Tumlinson's own family stated that Tumlinson himself carved them, and we have seen photos of the other stone carvings done by Tumlinson. Now you are certainly free and welcome to believe in them or believe in anything you like, including that pyrites are gold, but you are 100% mistaken that no "credible" source ever declared the stone maps to be fakes. You are not fooling anyone with your photos. Real gold looks like real gold.

"Oh look what I found this morning in the Lost Dutchman mine, right outside the entrance!"
Gold_&_roscoelite_(Stuckslacker_Mine,_Coloma,_California,_USA)_(16562912783).jpg

If you believe that I have a wonderful bridge to sell you too.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
actually it is probably chalcopyrite...you can tell by the slight green tint

Never heard you say that about about the other to pic's

so it can't be that if it helps it 18k to 14k for smaller pieces with copper in it mostly

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Mick, Desert Archaeology Inc examined the maps and declared them to be modern fakes. Their conclusions are posted elsewhere. On top of this, members of Tumlinson's own family stated that Tumlinson himself carved them, and we have seen photos of the other stone carvings done by Tumlinson. Now you are certainly free and welcome to believe in them or believe in anything you like, including that pyrites are gold, but you are 100% mistaken that no "credible" source ever declared the stone maps to be fakes. You are not fooling anyone with your photos. Real gold looks like real gold.

"Oh look what I found this morning in the Lost Dutchman mine, right outside the entrance!"
View attachment 1563872

If you believe that I have a wonderful bridge to sell you too.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Really Oroblanco

The DAI over the FBI who had top experts of the day, who's findings swayed a Court to declare them official property of the State Of Arizona, and take them from the owner. Really I think your back in the box.

I'm mean really, Wow there is a name for people like this but it would get me banned again, So I guess your saved by the rule of no free speech here.

But I am interested in some of that swampland your selling, Cause with the skill you process by I'm sure there oil, gold, ect ect that you don't see. I'll be rich.

babymick1. ( open your eyes when you walk, Then you won't stumble)

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Really Oroblanco

The DAI over the FBI who had top experts of the day, who's findings swayed a Court to declare them official property of the State Of Arizona, and take them from the owner. Really I think your back in the box.

I'm mean really, Wow there is a name for people like this but it would get me banned again, So I guess your saved by the rule of no free speech here.

But I am interested in some of that swampland your selling, Cause with the skill you process by I'm sure there oil, gold, ect ect that you don't see. I'll be rich.

babymick1. ( open your eyes when you walk, Then you won't stumble)
mick..you should probably start your own thread..this one is carrol's

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Copper makes in reddish in color, Iron makes it brown. Depends on how much is with the gold. Normally gold is found about 80% not as ore, as low as 50% and as high as .999 Cripple Creek Colorado, that was all fine dust though. To check pyrite, push on it with a knife point or an awl. If it shatters/ flakes off, it is most likely Pyrite. There has been some Pyrite with gold in it but rare.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now about the Antiques Law, I fall under that as I am over 50 years old. So are the stones, even if he made them back in the 50's. They (Arizona) thought that the stones "might" have some historical value (cash that is) So they "took them". IMO of course.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Potbelly Jim:

I couldn't agree more about the importance of saving the historical record!

I'd like to put in a plug for the Superstition Mountain Historical Society. They have a wonderful museum and library. They publish a first-rate Journal with excellent articles. Anyone seriously hooked on the Lost Dutchman (and many more who have a casual or passing interest) will start there.

Happily, documents can be copied. In my experience, historical societies and libraries will perform the copying task for material they want to add to their collections.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol...I hope you would consider preserving all your father's papers and photos by submitting them to the Arizona Historical Society in Tucson. Your dad was an icon to many! Not only does your dad deserve it, but I think the people of Arizona and those who would study her history would benefit in ways we could never know! Preserve our history my brother...your Dad was an important part of it.... Best regards, Jim

Thanks for the kind words! He was in the historical society museum.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Now about the Antiques Law, I fall under that as I am over 50 years old. So are the stones, even if he made them back in the 50's. They (Arizona) thought that the stones "might" have some historical value (cash that is) So they "took them". IMO of course.

At the Time of the court order, if made by Travis there's no way the Courts could take them. Even from the time found till the order was less then 50 years

babymick1

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wrmickel1.......I know everyone has their own ideas & I'm not trying to sway anybody, just posting what I have learned many years ago. This is a public forum so anyone can jump in.
If there was a private forum, I can produce stuff that would turn heads.

I'm just helping Greg with whatever he wants. He & my father were friends for many years.
Carrol

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick..you should probably start your own thread..this one is carrol's

No Dave

Its on Topic by Carrol's own admission to the Stones being a Travis interpretation. But I do believe you and Oro add no value to anything, You's best if you two hook up with RG and tell Old to join us.

yours truely

babymick1, Sarg take a look and give your opinion on the gold pic's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions