POST 2017 RENDEZVOUS PICTURES OR VIDEOS HERE.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Having to undergo surgery on my hand last Wednesday, I was unable to pay a visit to the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous. Hopefully, others will have taken plenty of pictures and will post them here. It would also be nice to hear what took place. I am planning on attending next year, health allowing. Thanks in advance for anything posted on this years event.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope everything went well for you Joe, may you have a quick recovery.

Homar

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Not sure who took this picture, but it looks good here.

Left to right: Wayne, Tom K. and Frank.

Let's see some more.....

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone could be the rendezvous photographer for a photo album like a year book, on T-net. Anyone with pictures, please post them.

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
Everybody I met was super nice and I appreciate them putting up with me. If you think that you won't fit in or there will be snobbery there then you are 100% wrong. Super-welcoming people.
I picked up quite a few prospecting pointers (Thanks Woody) as well as things to ponder for t-hunting in general as well as on a number of stories I like in far-flung places I know (Thanks Gollum) as well as some Dutchman info.
For those who consider going, I noticed that there were a number of nice covered areas to camp in. I did not look too closely as I was camped nearby and spent most time at the Don's in the big covered area.
Hoping it is colder next year as the big fire under the covered area is great and it would be even more cozy. I'll bring more real firewood again so the store-bought stuff can be saved.
Speakers were interesting.
Chili was good! (Thanks Wayne)
I am attaching a few pictures from our little hike. I can see why these mountains are legend-worthy.
Inspired by the free gold panning fun, next year I may bring a bunch of stuff from my stomping and we can play "will it beep?" It's where I bring out lots of weird rocks and we guess whether they will make the metal detector go off. I then explain why I think each one does or does not, and what the common "tells" are of the rocks, and in some cases what they assayed out to. If I had more simple nuggets, then the game would be not as fun. I have a lot more complex-ore nuggets. Rich, but not pure metal - minerals. Also, stuff that beeps but is not what you are looking for so you know what to avoid.
Anyways, thanks to the Don's and the celebrities and the fellow seekers for a great time.

P1060064.jpg
P1060056.jpg
P1060081.JPG
P1060101.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread