3rd Annual Lost Dutchman Rendevous

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
Randy,
You indicated that you were planning to have speakers and presentations, I hope you will post some more details as soon as you can as I am very interested.
Bill

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Randy....i think i will look into renting a cab over camper for the truck as it is always more fun to camp and shoot the shit into the wee hours.....

Depending on your work schedule maybe you can spend a day on my site seeing the real deal...

DW

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Randy...for us out of towners....could you do a google map or such for directions to the Don's camp. Besides getting myself to the 60 and into AJ proper....its been many...many..a moon since i have been over that way. Thanx bud.

DW

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
While I believe there will be some "old timers" that will make their first appearance at a Dutch Hunters Rendezvous, what would be even better would be to see a lot of first timers to the LDM search.

For me, Dutch Hunters also include those who seek any of the other treasures which, legend has it, are hidden in the Superstition Mountains. That covers a lot of ground in those mountains. There will be folks there who can discuss them all. In addition, you will find the general knowledge of the history of treasure hunting and the Southwest to be astounding.

Hope to meet a lot of "newbies" there.

Joe Ribaudo

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
We still need to chat about the bradshaw issue....lol.
Plus for me...it all boils down to the spanish....follow the markers ;D

Informed the boss today he will be without his number one hand field hand
for the back half of october...so i'll be there. Provided i can find the place...lol.

DW

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
I'll take you over to the camp DW , I'd like to stop and say Howdy to a couple of people ;D
MB

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Buddy and stomper! It'll be great to see you guys ;D ;D

About the speakers, well that list is really tight lipped right now, so I'm afraid I can't release it. I will be happy to say that this event should NOT BE MISSED. There are going to be some absolutely great people attending, and a lot of questions can be answered if you show up!

Regarding the location, here you go. If you have any trouble with this, please let me know and I will guide you in the "Wright" direction ;) :D :D Once you get near the camp site, there will be signs guiding your way. The gate will be opened early Friday morning and we will have someone there all weekend for assistance with anything you might need.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...4,-111.730957&spn=0.520392,0.933838&z=10&om=1

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Got my flight booked for 7/9 il be in SF for 2 days then headed to sacramento for a few months.
I/we may be coming along depending on budget.
If I should manage to get along I will be unvailing the "Bowman stone" yes that was what I said the bowman stone not Bowmans stoned. A sneak preview??? ok shucks

Attachments

• the pegleg map.JPG
    the pegleg map.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,141
  • the pegleg map.JPG
    the pegleg map.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,141

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Randy....got the time off in place from the patch. Leavin the 20th or late the 19th if i can't sleep.
As the time approaches i'll make sure we do a phone number check.

DW

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bob,
Great!! It costs nothing to camp. All you need is food/drink and camping provisions for yourself. Joe's wife Carol always cooks quite a meal and is more than willing to share with others, so if someone has no food we will make sure they are taken care of, one way or another.

About getting there, well you will take Hwy 60 to the East until you reach the Gold Canyon area. You will then make a left onto Peralta road. There will be a brown sign on the right side to signal the turn, with a "hiking" symbol on it. The turn is really soon after the sign, so be prepared to brake quickly. Follow this road about 7 miles (it will turn to dirt), keeping to the left at the split, and you will see signs for the left turn that goes into the camp area.

I also posted map directions earlier in this thread. When it gets closer to the time I will probably post photos or something of the actual turn offs. The place is really easy to find.

If anyone would like to look it up, just search how to get to the "Lost Dutchman Mine" trail head in the Superstitions, close to the Peralta trail head. That is where the camp entrance is.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Hello Randy I just read About the outing oct26-28 sounds like fun if you don't mind I sure would like to attend. Will be drivng a 2006 white Ford 4-door truck with overhead camper maybe I will be able to run across a couple of my treasure hunting buds Buck

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Buck,
That would be excellent! I'd love to see you there. All are welcome to this event. Please make sure you say hello, I'm sure I'll be easy to find ;)

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also, this year we are doing something extra for all the visitors. This was posted by "Aurum" on another forum about what we are doing:

--
This year participants are asked to bring along a photo of themselves and a short outline of their interests and adventures in the mountains. Greg Davis of the Superstition Mountain Historical Society has a wonderful collection of early Dutch Hunters and their photo's, and in some cases, their entire collections which were donated to the SMHS Museum. But the list of contemporary Dutch hunters is sparse and Greg would like to put together a who's who of contemporary Dutch hunters. Too often, Dutchman enthusiasts will pass on and their stories, adventures and work are lost to future generations of enthusiasts. No one has to give away their secrets, it's just an opportunity for those who would like, to have themselves added to the list of those who have pursued the legend. The likes of Brownie Holmes, Clay Worst, Al Reser, John Spangler, Richard Peck, Walter Gassler, Adolph Ruth, Milton Rose, Roy Bradford, Chuck Aylor, Abe Reed and many, many others, are in the SMHS collection. One couldn't place themselves in better company than those men.

So take some time, round up a photograph of yourself and any other photo's you might want to bring along, write out a short bio or outline of your interests and research, and bring it with you to the Rendezvous. Greg and I will be there to document everything and see it gets filed properly with the SMHS Museum collection. Be sure to clearly label any photo's you bring and keep in mind, photo's cannot be returned so have copies made ahead of time.

Everyone and their families are welcome. If you can't make this years event because of schedule conflicts, distance, or health, please consider gathering together your information and mailing it to Greg in care of the SMHS Museum.
Greg's address will be posted as the event date gets nearer. I would like to see a roll call list of all Dutch Hunters and Stone Map enthusiasts this year whether you can attend or not.

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
lol i dont think the SMHS Museum can handle what your asking lol ,we have between 2-4 computers runing at a avg of 70 hours a week now i could wall paper the whole damn place with picture by the end of expedition 3 ... are you sure they can handle that kind of data ...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread