Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless I'm mistaken, the first stones found were the Priest, Horse, Heart, Trail and Heart insert (5) stones correct? At a later time, 2 stone crosses of similar design and another heart (Latin heart) were also found. Can someone point me to a place I can read how and where those 3 were found (or perhaps tell the story here).

Lastly - I guess this isn't a question that can be answered, but I can't help wondering that "if" these stones are all connected somehow and they are authentic (meaning they were made long ago - however long that means to some people), doesn't it stand to reason that there may be other stones not yet found that contain further "map" details unknown at present?

Has anyone watched or heard firsthand anything about the story (DVD?) that has recently come out relating the Peralta Stones to Montezuma's Treasures? If you've seen it or researched it at all, how much stock do you put into those theories?

This is all so interesting - it fits perfectly with the quote in my signature.

Thanks in advance for any information

W

woodpecker

HI

theres a simple answer to your question is, try asking the blindbowman most of his replies are posted on the lost dutchmans mine post, you can read there,this guy claims he has deciphered the stones and could answer any question you may have

best of luck woodpecker

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
from jim hatt's website

On March 10, 1983, Michael Bilbrey, then 32 years old and already a thirteen-year veteran in the search for the Lost Dutchman Mine, filed a mining claim, LD8, in an area where he believed that the Peralta Stone Maps led to. In an article in The Arizona Republic on Tuesday, February 1, 1983, Charles Kelly reported that Bilbrey stated he had assay reports on samples taken from his claim that showed a gold content in sufficient quantity to validate the filing of a mining claim. In the same article, Larry Soehlig, a Lands and Mineral Officer for the Tonto National Forest, is quoted as saying, “Based on what Mr. Bilbrey’s proposed he’d like to do, there’s probably enough (gold) there to let him continue with that little (mining) process.” Michael Bilbrey did find gold there.

This gold, however, was not the driving force behind Michael’s many future trips to this remote and lonely location among towering cliffs and deep valleys. Having ended up in this area following his own personal interpretation of the Peralta Stone Maps, he was constantly on the lookout for anything that looked out of place in the natural environment or which might suggest that “man”, that is, the Peraltas or Jacob Waltz (The Dutchman) had been there before him.

During one of his trips to his mining claims Michael accidentally discovered two stone crosses, each approximately 12 inches high, 6 inches wide, and a little more than 1 inch thick, partially buried in the loose gravel that covered the side of the slope near where he had been working. Both Stone Crosses had engravings on one side and nothing on the other.

The first cross has words written on it in Spanish, “EL TESORO DE LOS EGLESIA DE SANTA FE”, “EL CURVA DE LOS SOMEO MONTANA” which translated says something like: “The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe” and “The Cave of Hat Mountain.”

The second cross has a map-like orientation of symbols on it, similar to the symbols carved on the Peralta Stone Maps and consistent with the landmarks named on the front side of the Latin Heart.

It is doubtful that Michael was aware of the Latin Heart at that time, but he could not have missed the similarities between the symbols on the Stone Crosses and the Peralta Stone Maps. Soon after making this discovery he appears to have lost all interest in his mining claims, and redirected his efforts towards understanding the stone crosses and searching for The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe.

Because Michael could not prove his story about how he found the Stone Crosses, very few people outside his immediate group of friends believed his story. Michael endured one of the most unpleasant set of circumstances a treasure hunter can experience. He found the Stone Crosses at a time when he was alone in the mountains. An event took place, which could not be repeated in front of witnesses. A single witness to the event, or even a dozen, may not have been of any help in correctly interrupting the inscriptions on the crosses, but at least Michael would have had someone he could share the frustration with when he was later accused of fabricating the crosses himself. Accusations that to this day still reverberate around campfires and dining room tables.

Eventually when their combined efforts produced no treasure, even his friends began to doubt him and lost interest in the crosses and the alleged treasure they applied to. Being the only person left on the planet who knew for certain that he had not fabricated the crosses himself, Michael continued the search for The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe alone. According to people that knew Michael he remained a dedicated searcher for many years. He even relocated from San Diego, Calif. To Scottsdale, Ariz. to be closer to the Superstition Mountains and be able to dedicate more time to his search.

There is nothing in recorded history; legend or lore, to indicate that Michael ever found the treasure in which he never stopped believing was out there somewhere. Believing myself that the Stone Crosses are authentic relics which do apply to a buried treasure of some kind, I can only assume that Michael’s failure to locate that treasure was due to the fact that he assumed the treasure was located somewhere in the immediate area where he found the crosses, and never gave enough consideration to the idea that they may have been dropped where he found them accidentally by someone (or something) just passing through the area.

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
someone that uses his head for more then a hat rest ...

the hat mt is in the supersititions and the stones do piont the location out . and they do piont out the The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe, there is your little horsey ..

i had ask jim hat for the translation for what you just posted here . i had a picture of this cross but it was not a clear picture and i could hot read the words .. it was the last part of my puzzle untranslated .. thank you ...

Michael Bilbrey found those stones . and when the facts are all in place i will prove that .. but tell now ... you still think i was born yesterday ...

good answer .....now i am gone ....

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Peerless: A question, was the following an actual copy or are typos involved in the second cross?

"The first cross has words written on it in Spanish, “EL TESORO DE LOS EGLESIA DE SANTA FE”, “EL CURVA DE LOS SOMEO MONTANA” which translated says something like: “The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe” and “The Cave of Hat Mountain"

Don Jose de La Mancha

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
Peerless67 said:
are you ever going to post something constructive bowman?

are you ?

what are the mts that run north and south just to the east of Santa Fe...? i have never been there but the code says the treasure of the chruch of Santa Fe is hide there ...

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
"i have never been there but the code says the treasure of the chruch of Santa Fe is hide there ..."

Are you saying that the treasure is no longer in the Superstitions?

Joe

OP
OP
Cubfan64

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No response on the Montezuma claim or supposed DVD that's either out or coming out on the Peralta Stones and their ties to some treasure in Utah? Just curious if anyone has seen it and has any thoughts on whether it's BS or not.

OP
OP
Cubfan64

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peerless67 said:
from jim hatt's website

On March 10, 1983, Michael Bilbrey, then 32 years old and already a thirteen-year veteran in the search for the Lost Dutchman Mine, filed a mining claim, LD8, in an area where he believed that the Peralta Stone Maps led to. In an article in The Arizona Republic on Tuesday, February 1, 1983, Charles Kelly reported that Bilbrey stated he had assay reports on samples taken from his claim that showed a gold content in sufficient quantity to validate the filing of a mining claim. In the same article, Larry Soehlig, a Lands and Mineral Officer for the Tonto National Forest, is quoted as saying, “Based on what Mr. Bilbrey’s proposed he’d like to do, there’s probably enough (gold) there to let him continue with that little (mining) process.” Michael Bilbrey did find gold there.

This gold, however, was not the driving force behind Michael’s many future trips to this remote and lonely location among towering cliffs and deep valleys. Having ended up in this area following his own personal interpretation of the Peralta Stone Maps, he was constantly on the lookout for anything that looked out of place in the natural environment or which might suggest that “man”, that is, the Peraltas or Jacob Waltz (The Dutchman) had been there before him.

During one of his trips to his mining claims Michael accidentally discovered two stone crosses, each approximately 12 inches high, 6 inches wide, and a little more than 1 inch thick, partially buried in the loose gravel that covered the side of the slope near where he had been working. Both Stone Crosses had engravings on one side and nothing on the other.

The first cross has words written on it in Spanish, “EL TESORO DE LOS EGLESIA DE SANTA FE”, “EL CURVA DE LOS SOMEO MONTANA” which translated says something like: “The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe” and “The Cave of Hat Mountain.”

The second cross has a map-like orientation of symbols on it, similar to the symbols carved on the Peralta Stone Maps and consistent with the landmarks named on the front side of the Latin Heart.

It is doubtful that Michael was aware of the Latin Heart at that time, but he could not have missed the similarities between the symbols on the Stone Crosses and the Peralta Stone Maps. Soon after making this discovery he appears to have lost all interest in his mining claims, and redirected his efforts towards understanding the stone crosses and searching for The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe.

Because Michael could not prove his story about how he found the Stone Crosses, very few people outside his immediate group of friends believed his story. Michael endured one of the most unpleasant set of circumstances a treasure hunter can experience. He found the Stone Crosses at a time when he was alone in the mountains. An event took place, which could not be repeated in front of witnesses. A single witness to the event, or even a dozen, may not have been of any help in correctly interrupting the inscriptions on the crosses, but at least Michael would have had someone he could share the frustration with when he was later accused of fabricating the crosses himself. Accusations that to this day still reverberate around campfires and dining room tables.

Eventually when their combined efforts produced no treasure, even his friends began to doubt him and lost interest in the crosses and the alleged treasure they applied to. Being the only person left on the planet who knew for certain that he had not fabricated the crosses himself, Michael continued the search for The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe alone. According to people that knew Michael he remained a dedicated searcher for many years. He even relocated from San Diego, Calif. To Scottsdale, Ariz. to be closer to the Superstition Mountains and be able to dedicate more time to his search.

There is nothing in recorded history; legend or lore, to indicate that Michael ever found the treasure in which he never stopped believing was out there somewhere. Believing myself that the Stone Crosses are authentic relics which do apply to a buried treasure of some kind, I can only assume that Michael’s failure to locate that treasure was due to the fact that he assumed the treasure was located somewhere in the immediate area where he found the crosses, and never gave enough consideration to the idea that they may have been dropped where he found them accidentally by someone (or something) just passing through the area.

Thanks Peerless - I was at that site a couple times but somehow missed that portion of it. Thanks again. So much mystery and intrigue!

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Real de Tayopa said:
HIO Peerless: A question, was the following an actual copy or are typos involved in the second cross?

"The first cross has words written on it in Spanish, “EL TESORO DE LOS EGLESIA DE SANTA FE”, “EL CURVA DE LOS SOMEO MONTANA” which translated says something like: “The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe” and “The Cave of Hat Mountain"

Don Jose de La Mancha

Hi Real, yes it was a direct copy/paste from the said site, although that being said i am apt to make spelling mistakes. I know no spanish so I would have no idea what they meant without a translation.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI BB: quote from an author----

honoring our mother earth.
the need to respect all peoples
the necessity of living in harmony with nature and each other

Sheehs this about a people that daily sacrificed humans and kept millions in virtual slavery ? That on special occasions actually, according to their records, took days to kill all of the victims?? Somehow I seem to feel that our noble natives of the Americas are being whitewashed again.

None of them lived in harmony with nature or respected her, they exploited her just as we do today, only on a minor scale . Life in those days did not allow such an approach, it was basic survival at it's best. Because of this there was a constant state of warfare with their neighbors for food and females.

Incidentally, before someone brings it up, I also have a bit of Mohican in my veins. Also in my explorations and encounters with some native people still living as in the past, they still exploit Mother nature just as much as ever.

This said, they were no better or worse than the ones that came later and conquered them.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA PEERLESS:

The first cross has words written on it in Spanish, “EL TESORO DE LOS EGLESIA DE SANTA FE”, “EL CURVA DE LOS SOMEO MONTANA” which translated says something like: “The Treasure of the Church of Santa Fe” and “The Cave of Hat Mountain
~~~~~~~~~~~

El Tesoro de los Eglesia deSanta Fe -----

The Treasure of the (plural) Church of Santa Fe (holy faith)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EL CURVA DE LOS SOMEO MONTANA

The curve of the (plural) someo (?) Mountain. Literal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

El cueva de los (plural) Sombrero Mountain ?

The cave of Sombrero (hat) mountain Effective.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was just curious Peerless.

Don Jose de La Mancha

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
"The cave of Sombrero (hat) mountain Effective."

ahhahahhahhaha thanks de ........lol

de you are postive of that translation ???????????????

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
the blindbowman said:
"The cave of Sombrero (hat) mountain Effective."

ahhahahhahhaha thanks de ........lol

de you are postive of that translation ???????????????

LOL the rate Bowman is using everyone elses data we will all be discovering the LDM by proxy

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI BB: no I am not! A truer interpretation would be ---

EL CURVA DE LOS SOMEO MONTANA >>>

The curve or bend of the Someo Mountain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

However I am not familiar of any translation of Someo ?? It is reasonable to assume Sombrero, but??

Don Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jose,

I would guess that someone's computer is screaming like a jet engine and perhaps a little smoke is coming out the back right now. :D

Joe

OP
OP
Cubfan64

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Jose,

I would guess that someone's computer is screaming like a jet engine and perhaps a little smoke is coming out the back right now. :D

Joe

I've definitely begun noticing how the spelling and grammar seems to magically get better all of a sudden, and then relapse again - funny huh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread