New show, Lost Gold

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Missed it too, but it was a pilot. Pilots typically aren't backed by a big marketing campaign. Only thing I could find was this:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1986328011580260/

I'm not on facebook these days so I didn't log in to get more information. Someone could post and ask them if the pilot will re-run?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Season 1 Episode one [Lost Conchise Strongboxes]
Rerun 11AM Eastern Tomorrow ( Saturday 2nd. ) on the Travel Channel

Brothers Josh and Jesse Feldman head into the rugged desert of southeast Arizona to track the history of a legendary Apache chief said to have buried two strongboxes of gold somewhere in the region's imposing mountains.

Saturday
Dec. 2
11:00am
TRAVEL

Tuesday
Dec 5
12:00pm
TRAVEL

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/lost-gold/episode-1-season-1/the-lost-conchise-strongboxes/1137316/

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Season 1 Episode one [Lost Conchise Strongboxes]
Rerun 11AM Eastern Tomorrow ( Saturday 2nd. ) on the Travel Channel

Brothers Josh and Jesse Feldman head into the rugged desert of southeast Arizona to track the history of a legendary Apache chief said to have buried two strongboxes of gold somewhere in the region's imposing mountains.

Saturday
Dec. 2
11:00am
TRAVEL

Tuesday
Dec 5
12:00pm
TRAVEL

Watch Lost Gold Season 1 Episode 1: The Lost Conchise Strongboxes | TV Guide

Thanks, Jeff. Going to try to catch it on Tuesday.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched the 1st episode of Lost Gold today, liked it.

Don't know much about the accuracy of the storyline since I'm not all that familiar with the Cochise legend, but it was well filmed and I enjoyed it. The Feldman brothers seem to be two good guys, looking forward to their next episode.
Thanks for the heads up Sarge.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched the 1st episode of Lost Gold today, liked it.

Don't know much about the accuracy of the storyline since I'm not all that familiar with the Cochise legend, but it was well filmed and I enjoyed it. The Feldman brothers seem to be two good guys, looking forward to their next episode.
Thanks for the heads up Sarge.

Yea I'm no fan of Indian stories. like Slavery Stories,
I think allot of them are changed to lies, to make them politically correct.

But I enjoy Treasure Hunting Shows. So I hope there will be more from them.

While searching I see there was a show earlier this year Caribbean Pirate Treasure With
14 Episodes

Philippe Cousteau Jr, grandson of famous explorer Jacques Cousteau, and his wife, journalist Ashlan Gorse Cousteau, travel the Caribbean exploring pirate legends, investigating shipwrecks and the lore of lost treasure.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6903256/
right now it can be found on OnDemand.

again I never Liked Jacques Cousteau but Ashlan is fun to watch & not surprising
seems to be finding all the Treasures. but it irritates me they keep getting Told
to let what they find stay where they find it. Makes me Angry & think it's an Underwater Museum not a real Hunt

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought it sucked like a Todd Hoffman trying to catch his breath after eating a chocolate cake. Same formula, same outcome, an hour I'll never get back. :skullflag:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it sucked like a Todd Hoffman trying to catch his breath after eating a chocolate cake. Same formula, same outcome, an hour I'll never get back. :skullflag:

I do think they insisted they found the Correct cave & Gave up too Quick.
Spend all that money on one Episode ? They should have made a Series out of Searching the Entire Area
thoroughly.
Of course, wouldn't surprise me if Production Compacted an Entire year into 15 Minutes of on site Film

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you don't like Todd Hoffman? (or chocolate cake?)
Can't fault him too much, the man's found a lot of gold.

I thought the Feldman brother's episode at least showed views of some country that most people in America will never see. Course most of us on this site live in those areas, so maybe not all that awe inspiring for us.
Like I said, I enjoyed it.
The one criticism I might have is the brothers were awfully neat and clean for treasure seekers. ;)

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

I thought the Feldman brother's episode at least showed views of some country that most people in America will never see. Course most of us on this site live in those areas, so maybe not all that awe inspiring for us.
The one criticism I might have is the brothers were awfully neat and clean for treasure seekers. ;)

earnie...i thought the show was done quite well..i hope there is more to come

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heck EarnieP...I remember the time when some of my friends and I went to Reno to do some prospecting...We got sidetracked and the beer became the main focus of the venture...lol...I don't think that either of us got all that dirty now that I think of it...And one thing led to another and the rest is history...Yep...This was the time that I claim to have found a paragon diamond while I had to relieve myself when nature called...IF it were not for the beer...Who knows IF I would have ever found that darn diamond in the first place...And became the laughingstock of the group by claiming to them that I believed that IT was a diamond in the first place...

One never knows...

I have not seen the show...Nor do I think that I ever will...I am just stating that there are times when one may not get dirty while out in the field...It is kind of like fishing...I know that IF I don't catch any fish it really doesn't matter...The getting out of the house for a while and getting to drink a few cold ones in peace are the best part of fishing for me...rofl...In my youth I drank much more while prospecting than I do now...I guess you can say that I have learned from my early errors...

Oh well...Maybe one day I will return to Reno and try to find the other portion of my little Tia Juana... :)

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, you know those shiny fragrant 'stones' in the bottom of urinals are not diamonds, don't ya?

Yep some people just have a knack for staying clean in situations where I get covered in dirt.
Like Chip Gaines popping up from 'working' under one of his remodeled houses, clean as a whistle.
Almost like, he's never been under there doing anything in the first place.

"Hey Shorty, I need you to get down there and fix that broken sewer pipe! How's my hair look?"

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, you know those shiny fragrant 'stones' in the bottom of urinals are not diamonds, don't ya?

Yep some people just have a knack for staying clean in situations where I get covered in dirt.
Like Chip Gaines popping up from 'working' under one of his remodeled houses, clean as a whistle.
Almost like, he's never been under there doing anything in the first place.

"Hey Shorty, I need you to get down there and fix that broken sewer pipe! How's my hair look?"

Well EarnieP...IF it were not for those fragrant stones in the bottom of urinals...Bathrooms would stink to high heaven...I sure as heck would not be tempted to wash one of those off with a beer and pop it in my mouth as I did with my Tia Juana...lol...Hell...I was so drunk that day I may have imagined the whole thing...

Chip does have a way of staying spic and span when a dirty situation presents itself...hehehe...Now that is a show I'll admit that I have seen more than once...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Not to get totally off topic here but it is not unknown for diamonds to be found in Nevada, and not that far from Las Vegas believe it or not. Heck there are diamonds and kimberlite pipes in Colorado, Wyoming, Arkansas, the Northwest Territories, even a kimberlite pipe in Kansas, so lets not jump to conclusions about finding diamonds in Nevada especially since several have been found there.

Please do continue, sorry for the off topic bit there.
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to get totally off topic here but it is not unknown for diamonds to be found in Nevada, and not that far from Las Vegas believe it or not. Heck there are diamonds and kimberlite pipes in Colorado, Wyoming, Arkansas, the Northwest Territories, even a kimberlite pipe in Kansas, so lets not jump to conclusions about finding diamonds in Nevada especially since several have been found there.

Please do continue, sorry for the off topic bit there.
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Anything is possible Oro...The Lost Diamond Mine of the McCullough Mountains One of these days I jest may make another trip to Reno and visit the new stang ranch... :) ...I guess that we'll just have to wait and see...hehehe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions