fiction vs fact

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
fiction what is it ...

here is a copy of fiction . the mine with the iron door . printed 1923 ...

read it under stand what fiction is and under stand anything that is not fact can be fiction ... even if it is not provebn fact ...

made up . good story telling . thats true fiction...

thats half of the LDM legend ....

fiction can be in a real book , fiction is a made up story....that can be put in a real book ...

Attachments

• iron door 007.JPG
    iron door 007.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 953
  • iron door 008.JPG
    iron door 008.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 937

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
The Treasure of the Valley of Secrets by Deek Gladson is fiction too. Or is it? Be careful trying to separate fact from fiction - you can get real lost.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: fiction vs fact... (the OLD way...)

Yo! ;D I was in the "book biz", a few years ago... you had "non-fiction", "fiction"... and NOW... "FACTION"... fiction, based on facts... OR... has FACTS in it... YOU gotta "discern" it... ;)

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
very true .. the above was writern from a mans trip to tucson and has many of the LDM clues worked into the stroy it self ...it is common tpo have clues from one treasure legend become confused with other legends ... thats just the piont i am trying to piont out here in this post ....is there a clear cut line between fact and fiction ....no ....in many cases fiction becomes fact and some facts are disproven and become fiction .. thats my piont ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings,

Separating fact from fiction is one of the necessities of being a treasure hunter, unless one is willing to waste tremendous amounts of time, money and effort in chasing down fantasies. What makes the task all the more difficult is that we have had treasure writers adding in fiction, fantasy and myth for over 100 years to what was fact, blending them, falsifying what facts were to begin with etc to the point that it is quite a job now to separate them.

As to what is fiction, I would propose that a fair number of the books used by many Dutch hunters are made up largely of fiction. The core facts are quite a story without any added embellishments, but is not enough for many folks who want greater drama and more incredible treasure than simply the richest gold mine in the world. The terrific amount of fiction that is published has led to some people becoming doubtful of even the core facts and to some even quitting treasure hunting altogether! So treasure writers, be cautious about including fiction in your accounts of lost treasures and lost mines - truth is often stranger than fiction anyway!

An interesting side point is that the LDM story was the basis for a great Hollywood movie of treasure hunting - "City Slickers II, The Legend of Curly's Gold". The Lost Dutchman story was also the basis of "Lust for Gold" starring Glenn Ford as Waltz, a decent movie but very loose with facts.

Oroblanco

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
there is no lines for me . when i become them i draw what they drew , i see it threw their eyes , i become them in spirit and soul ...

what other beleive and write is up to them . i can not walk on water , but in the heat of the sun burnning down on my soul will water turn to wine for i will smiles at its taste ..and be drunk on to its nature ,.... how your body reacts is a matter of conditioning ...to an man that only drinks water once or twice a month . hell becomes heaven ...

if your eyes can lie to you then so can your wisdom ...question even your questions .for answer are nothing with out the questionsbeing ask ... who ask . and why ...?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
i can not walk on water

Well you could if the temperature is cold enough to make good thick ICE (haha) ;D :D ;)

Blindbowman wrote:
if your eyes can lie to you then so can your wisdom ...question even your questions .for answer are nothing with out the questionsbeing ask ... who ask . and why ...?

The eye can be tricked, but a lying mouth (as in fictional tales of lost treasures) can lead many a treasure hunter down a false path. Always check your sources and be prepared to weed out the false from the true.

Psalm 120:2

The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment. (Proverbs 12:19)

Oroblanco

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Oro,

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I thought as a child; but now that I am a man I have put aside childish ways."

Not everyone has done that, and that would include me.....now and again. :)

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the blindbowman said:
who is to say the child in us is not the best part of who we are ...?

I have no problem with that comment BB - children are fearless, full of imagination, resilient and creative. I firmly believe that at least in some respects, as soon as a child begins traditional schooling, they begin losing many of those qualities.

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i know , at 7 years old i drown and was dead 13 mintues , after that a friend of our family schooled me in creative art , she help keep my creative artistic senses alive an well ...

she is still my best friend ....40 years latter ....

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
In the old school it is referenced as "Time Divination"........

It will most likely occur the first time you visit an area and may continue to progress if you approach the area from a different angle from day to day. They say that a stranded soul melds with you and that for a period you are able to see what they saw through their eyes back in the day. This is why some prospectors will find something on their first trip, but never relocate it again. I've experienced similar situations in my past due to taking unsavory characters to visit someplace sacred. Landscapes transform into different scale dimension. Upon returning alone, the scale is normal again. A simple 300 foot slope can look like a hellish 1000 feet if the spirit is so instructed. Honest Injun.......

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Greetings mi amigo Twisted Fork and everyone,

While out prospecting, treasure hunting, or even hunting game or fishing, have you ever had that odd feeling that someone was watching you, or was present even though you could not see any other human being anywhere around? A university study attempting to reproduce the "abduction experience" reported by so many folks, used a special headgear fitted with small electromagnets - the purpose of these was to send electromagnetic waves into the test person's brain. The pattern they used in their magnetic waves was mimicking the wave pattern of another person. The test subjects reported feeling the presence of another person in the room, even though no one was present. This fairly well proves that human beings are capable of detecting the presence of another human mind, even when the person is not in sight, by picking up the electomagnetic waves which are generated by all human brains.

I think there really IS something to it, that there is a life after death, at least something seems to survive - and would bet that an old prospector or treasure hunter would be of the type of person who would want to 'hang around' perhaps to see if anyone finds something, or perhaps even to try to help another treasure hunter to find something. I know some folks would scoff at what I am about to say here, but I personally have had a sort of "intuition" or just a "feeling" that I should swing my detector in a particular spot, and I always (or almost always) then take the detector to try that spot that gave me such a strange impression. In virtually every case, what turned up was either silver or a very unusual artifact like a cannonball. Was this some long-dead spirit trying to help un-earth a lost 'treasure'? I cannot say for certain.

I am no psychic and claim no such abilities, and oft times I have trouble understanding the terminology used by practitioners of "shamanism" methods to search for treasures but on a basic level have some idea of how it works. I would be hesitant to try it myself as a method, and even among practiced psychics the problem of mis-interpreting the "signals" which are being received would probably be very frustrating.

On another level it is easy to see, in your mind's eye, (in many sites where treasure hunters and prospectors search) the way things were even without any special psychic or shaman abilities. Sometimes it could be helpful in finding camp sites, etc.

Oroblanco

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Boy, you would have a blast over in the "Why I think dowsing doesn't work" section of "Dowsing". Your absolutely right about the proverbial campsite; there is no mistake for our existence, sad so many feel otherwise.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
I have had a bit of "fun" over in the Dowsing section, however it seems that a good many of the so-called "skeptics" that haunt that sector really only want to insult and belittle fellow T-net members with their self-assumed "superiority" since they don't believe any of it works at all. Reminds me of the "experts" who refused to peer through the telescope when Galileo was being tried for heresy.

Oroblanco

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i dont talk about these things often because to many are welling to debeat with out under standing what the topic and skills are about ,thatsaid i well explan it from my piont of veiw . it is not the only way and many others have their own way that their skills spone to best ....

Oro is right on the money ...as he is often ..... intelligence= the ability to lear and under stand or deal with problems..this is the prefection of my art & senses , the basics if you will ...

you hear me often say under standing ..this is why ...
it has nothing to do with schooling or how many books you have read or what collage you went to ...

those things are welcome for those that feel that is their best way to learn ..or to look smart to other people . that is not to say it is wrong . but i well say i can reach level that most have forgotten . those levels were spoken about long ago ...

they are levels of sense and insights both inward and outward or to some they may be called invert or exvert..

most do not have the abilities to under stand these things , it can feel in many ways as if you are being pulled apart and yu could often feel lost or confused ...

but under standing these skills takes years if not a life time ...

in shama i can sense the past and hear those who came before me ..

i well talk about the levels of my skills i will let you test me like a lab rat .. but i will try to explan what and how it works for me and at what level and stages ...

frist is well explan the shama art of my skills ...

as i stated i can sense the past and my sense scan for engeries left behind by others . each person or object has a engery a chi if you well .this level of chi is based in a few basic ways ..
liveing ,dead..... earth, wind ,water, and, fire , here and there

those are the 8 basic levels each have there own stages within those level ..

everything a preson dose in his level makes a trail of these engeries . a engery residue ..the chi of all things ..in the shama arts i have study the skills to help my sense react to these levels of chi ... the sense become hypersensitive to them in all ways of the sense of the human body and mind ..

the art of chi it self is the art of discipline( control gained by enforcing obedience or order), yes that is what i state forcing the body into a coniditioning ..you wish to learn or become one with ...

the shama skills let me under stand the envirments of earth and the nature around them and the chi lets m dirrect my chi and focus it ..

why you ask .. my body remains a human shell and here in this reality it must remain . but that is not true of my being . as long as my human body is safe and protected . am being can go anywhere threw out time and space..
i can drop threw 3 or 4 levels and see the cell structure of a given peice of rock or i can drop threw thousands of levels and see the rock when it was made or when someone touched it 500 years ago . how can i focus on that date . wen they touch the rock , they left a chi residue behind . with out that i would have no focus on their contact with the rock ...
now their residue is a whole path in its self . eveything they are and was before they touch the rock is left in that residue, as time passes the residue canfade over time and conditions . the best at what i do can read these residue and under stand them and the level they hold within them . now you have the basic . beyond that is a unknown level of skills lost in time to mankind .. it is where i play ..

i can go any where in time and space and become anything or anyone by puting my self in their conditions and their residue . thus i shape shift by bathing in their residue.. yes my being creates a mask from their residue and thus i become the center of focus looking outward threw their residue, givening me a insight to what they saw and did and who they were ...
for pionts of debet i shape shift and become them . when they were there ... but under stand these skills have a cost . the harder you focus the more chi you need to dirrect and control to see clearly and many levels have there own amont of chi needed to enter each level and more stages need a high amont of focus and conditioning and chi to maintain a focus to them ...

if a person died there . the is often more chi left thn else where in that persons life ... thus the nephew site ...something died there and i knew that before i ever found the site ...i coud focus over the area and sense it there ..

many see shape shifting as a joke . it is not and it never as to those who under stand the art and skills needed to reach the true art of this coditioning ...

it is not becomeing a wolfman or monster , but you can if thats what you want ... i find that rather a waste of skills and time .. i can stand in the desert and become a hawk there is not there , yet my chi focuses and my being becomes the hawk and sees what the hawk dose ,even if the hawk is not a reality . my being is and it can control the realities around me ...

say in histroy a massacre site happend . i can go there and focus and with respect to the levels of chi residue left i can relate to the time of that massacred site i can go and set on a redge and hold a peice of rock that was touched at the time of the massacre . then as i focus the massacre it self can become a faded movie before me . and i can see it as it was when it happend ..

how much i see is a matter of what came in contact with the rock ,and each object saw what happend around it at the tme . the level of residue sets the level of recovery from that object ...

strong objects can be focus pionts and become my time warps letting my being focus and shape shift back into time and space to the event ..

there are many things at work and the levels of skills could fill a mt.

but here i am . and i learn day by day ways long forgot ...at a level and stages where i find my self alone most of the time .. few can reach me anymore ... my limations have faded into past as did those long ago residue

i live my life as a human here , but i am a being of shama chi and i will never die unless i will it to be so ...

do you under stand me now or then ...?

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
find a shaman and let them read what i have writern , they will help you under stand me ...when you see your self in a mirror for a part of secound you beleive you are your reflection looking back at your human body stnding before the mirror , this is Ap and a level of chi . if you were to conndition your engeries you could learn to focus and stay as your reflection a few seocunds and see your body standing in this reality looking a your reflection that you had become .. and then you would be looking out of the mirror at who your were .yet your being is noew in thew mirror and looks outward at the human body .. you become your reflection ... this is the same for the tree . i see it i can focus on the tree and my being can become the tree , it dose not mean i am a tree it means my being can share the trees chi with the tree and shape shift into being part of the tree ... often the plants around us react to our chi and they grow healthy and strong from the residue of our beings around them ..same with pets and alike . it can go both ways ...you control your chi and we do not control the earth and weather and nature around us ... yet we can condtrol our homes and houses envirments ... as mankind has forgotten many of the evironments around him his skills have been lost as well as the level of his conditioning to his being ...

this is rather piontless to me to try to explan ...

its like trying to under stand all of creation , but there is a code of creation and all things must applie to this code ... i tryed long ago to defind the code and called it M&R logic code .. its 9 years latter and i have never found anything that did not applie to this code ...

i was not jokeing when i stated nothingcan hide from me ..... it may take me time to find just the right rock or ,object left that holds the clues of residue i need to focus on that given event , but i will and all well be seen past , present and future of those ...residue

limatations, what dose that mean .....?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the kind words buddy - I am only beginning to understand on what level you are.

Blindbowman wrote:
intelligence= the ability to lear and under stand or deal with problems

Right on the money - sometimes the most highly educated person can also be very much like a closed book, unwilling to even study or examine things which are poorly understood, choosing instead to simply dismiss anything and everything that does not "fit" with what they were taught as not worthy of study. A true scientist (and historian) ought to be studying what is not understood, what is little known, to find the truth.

Blindbowman also wrote:
i will let you test me like a lab rat

I would suggest that you not do this, as we are in a public forum which leaves many possible un-foreseen consequences. However, as a "test" if you would, I will ask you about a particular site and date, and vantage point. The date is 6/25/1876, the site is 45.565ºN 107.428ºW time ~about 1:45pm local time - looking almost perfectly SE, what do you see in the distance on the most prominent high point? If you would rather not take this "test" I will not be offended, this is just out of curiosity, a particular mystery that has puzzled me for many years now.

Oroblanco

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
if its just out of curiosity, why would you give me a fake lon & lat ....45.565ºN 107.428ºW

it shold read (degrees, mintues , secounds ,and hunders of a secound ...) a full degree of messagement . 60 mintues , 60 secounds and 100th of a secound ... and your 42'8 .there is no 80 secounds in a mintue...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread