Hey Guys, Longtime Lurker. Is this the Caballo?

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey folks, longtime lurker and am planning a trip out there this fall. I went through a nasty divorce and haven't been active on here in years now although I still frequent the site and thought I'd sign up again. Well anyway I was wondering and have read a lot about the horse with the Roman nose. This sure looks like it huh? It's most horsey thing I've seen. I've been putting a lot of work into this for years now and am really about convinced that whatever the mine (TM) once was it is located close to Geronimo Head. Well anyway, isn't that a nice horse looking out over Peter's Canyon?

Attachments

• 58d4458ecc3b1.jpg
    58d4458ecc3b1.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 203
OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You know guys Waltz said a miniature hidden valley. I swear things can't be more cryptic but I have never seen anyone post a picture of the back way into Black Mesa, now named Malapais for some reason. Why the name change? A lot of the old maps mention Black Mesa, and that's where Waltz's initials were found..... But nothing else, leading me to believe that it was a cache. I know this has been talked and written about to death but things still don't add up and likely never will.

I just about got killed two years ago in Utah on a 12 mile in and out hike to a pueblo that was mostly pristine. By myself. I learned the hard way then to do my homework. No, I didn't need an extraction but I tried coming out different than I went in and that was a bad mistake in December with the short days. I made it out and had a lot of fun. Found tons of petroglyphs arrow heads and pottery on the non-existent trail there. As a Tennessee boy it's a lot of fun but that's some damn dangerous country. I know to be prepared this time round, heck I was prepared that time but I find it interesting Waltz always said to go out and come in from different paths. I can post my other thoughts and things I've found if anyone is interested. I am not really concerned with money just the lore and making things that don't seem to work put together that might work. Lol. It's a fun mystery.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, longtime lurker...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard OldManOfTheRiver! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, longtime lurker and am planning a trip out there this fall. I went through a nasty divorce and haven't been active on here in years now although I still frequent the site and thought I'd sign up again. Well anyway I was wondering and have read a lot about the horse with the Roman nose. This sure looks like it huh? It's most horsey thing I've seen. I've been putting a lot of work into this for years now and am really about convinced that whatever the mine (TM) once was it is located close to Geronimo Head. Well anyway, isn't that a nice horse looking out over Peter's Canyon?

Welcome to the forum! I love those pictures they show walkers trails and rocks manipulated by Mason's hands..
I'm and old man of the Mississippi River myself, it's all dry rivers around these parts! The only under tow to fight in these dry river's are the many other Treasure Hunters that'll push ya out of there for just looking for the Dutchman! Metaphorically Speaking of course...

Just had a group out here a few weeks back. Looking for an old Soldiers Lost Pit of Wire Gold down south. Associated with the old Robert Jones legend. We also dry washed a canyon of gold and searched an old Spanish mining district looking for a Gold storage room near the Lost San Pedro Presidio!

Busy Summer so far.

View attachment 1603798

View attachment 1603797

Again, welcome, and good luck!

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I am happy to report that the plane tickets and such have been purchased for myself and my two boys and my girlfriend who looks like an Apache but is a certified Blackfoot Cherokee. Really looking forward to getting out there and getting these boys off the gaming consoles and into a real world treasure hunt for fun that they'll remember their whole lives. My "discount air fares" were a bit steeper than my girlfriend and my foray into Zion last year but everyone is really excited and all three of my compadres are a bit scared as they should be.

I am going to assume that 9 mm with rat shot is okay in the Wilderness for Rattlesnakes? I am also going to assume that having a firearm is a good idea for protection, considering people still turn up missing. They'll only go if I am armed. I don't mind being armed and feel the area has calmed down a lot in the last 40 years and just want everyone in my party to be *careful* and take it all in. I will be taking us off trail considerably but not too far out that we can't make it back.

In a few months I'll post pictures! Until then keep up the good hunt and great discussions folks.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Well I am happy to report that the plane tickets and such have been purchased for myself and my two boys and my girlfriend who looks like an Apache but is a certified Blackfoot Cherokee. Really looking forward to getting out there and getting these boys off the gaming consoles and into a real world treasure hunt for fun that they'll remember their whole lives. My "discount air fares" were a bit steeper than my girlfriend and my foray into Zion last year but everyone is really excited and all three of my compadres are a bit scared as they should be.

I am going to assume that 9 mm with rat shot is okay in the Wilderness for Rattlesnakes? I am also going to assume that having a firearm is a good idea for protection, considering people still turn up missing. They'll only go if I am armed. I don't mind being armed and feel the area has calmed down a lot in the last 40 years and just want everyone in my party to be *careful* and take it all in. I will be taking us off trail considerably but not too far out that we can't make it back.

In a few months I'll post pictures! Until then keep up the good hunt and great discussions folks.

go in the cooler months and you wont have much trouble with rattlesnakes....load you 9 with hollow points...they work much better on the kind of snakes you run into in those mountains

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please, not in this heat. Try the beginning of November and maybe go to the rendezvous. You could meet all the people that were on T V and youtube videos.

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Please, not in this heat. Try the beginning of November and maybe go to the rendezvous. You could meet all the people that were on T V and youtube videos.

There is no way we could make it in the heat. Hopefully we'll be able to attend the rendezvous as well!

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
go in the cooler months and you wont have much trouble with rattlesnakes....load you 9 with hollow points...they work much better on the kind of snakes you run into in those mountains

Yeah I totally agree. We'll hopefully save on water too in the cooler months. Duly noted as well sir concerning snakes with legs! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread