Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim doesn't mention the name as he didn't remember it, he only had on hand, an audio interview with the person who knew Bill Hidden and who had worked with him frequently during his last few years. This person's name was Jim Harnish, IIRC. I attempted to contact Harnish last year only to find out he had passed away. Perhaps his family or relatives have more information. This would be a lead worth chasing down, along with the audio file of the interview that Jim Hatt emailed to a few people at the time.

And as far as the research CD, I am familiar with it- it contained some of his research materials, yes, but not the bulk of it or its entirety. I'm not sure what exactly happened to his personal effects after he passed away, but I was told that it didn't end up with Kurt Painter (who was also the first person that came to my mind as well, but they were not that close, not as close as Painter would want you to think). I was told that Hatt's personal effects are with someone in Apache Junction and that this someone wasn't nice or reasonable to deal with.

You're exactly right that Kurt thought he was closer to Jim Hatt than he really was. Kurt tended to exaggerate quite a bit. Jim had some issues with Kurt's reliability and "flights of fancy" in some of his stories. I don't know who might have Jim's stuff - Somehiker may have an idea, but I'm not sure

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nah, Deducer i just wanna dig a treasure up. It has been quite a while don't even have my first. Where can I pick one up.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
nah, Deducer i just wanna dig a treasure up. It has been quite a while don't even have my first. Where can I pick one up.

No treasure here, sorry, only history. I like doing detective work- it's fun, and Frank gave me a name to chase down.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

Real, for now you can share my Jonny Quest decoder ring...
View attachment 1619011
It's only good for finding mummy tombs, evil scientists that make giant robot spiders, and Bandit when he's lost...

'Bout as good as marker cacti, I spose....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread