Did dick Holmes father ever help search for the ldm?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Professor Dave. The process is alittle more involved then that. A 4 Peaks 5ct cut stone sells for about a hundred bucks.
70 dollars a pound is cheap, Total ct in a pound is over 2200 ct divide that by five Dave. Each pound has the potential of producing 40,000 dollars per pound. Really Dave, What you use to come up with that professional opinion a eye loupe on the Pic. Ha ha ha ha

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yo Professor

When your dealing with rough gems you don’t go to a rock shoppe, You go to a gem cutter.

babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Professor Dave. The process is alittle more involved then that. A 4 Peaks 5ct cut stone sells for about a hundred bucks.
70 dollars a pound is cheap, Total ct in a pound is over 2200 ct divide that by five Dave. Each pound has the potential of producing 40,000 dollars per pound. Really Dave, What you use to come up with that professional opinion a eye loupe on the Pic. Ha ha ha ha

babymick1
mick..the fact remains..the amethyst you posted is low grade..not facet grade so it doesn't matter what the carat price is..the grade you have does not sell by the carat...it sells by the pound...and for a few bucks a pound..

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Yo Professor

When your dealing with rough gems you don’t go to a rock shoppe, You go to a gem cutter.

babymick1
but you said a rock shop offered you a fortune for it...which shop mick?...you said a well known shop

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
No’ not a fortune, a few bucks maybe to me anyways, But I never mentioned a rock shoppe

babymick1

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
azdave35 ..... I read thru the Holmes manuscript today, the manuscript Higham donated to the Az. archives and no where did Brownie or his father describe Waltz ore being in rose quartz. I listened to all three of Brownies audio tapes also and again no mention of rose quartz.

It was Barry Storm who first used rose quartz and it seems to have been picked up by several authors afterward. Dutchman ore from the matchbox actually has several shades of quartz matrix.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
azdave35 ..... I read thru the Holmes manuscript today, the manuscript Higham donated to the Az. archives and no where did Brownie or his father describe Waltz ore being in rose quartz. I listened to all three of Brownies audio tapes also and again no mention of rose quartz.

It was Barry Storm who first used rose quartz and it seems to have been picked up by several authors afterward. Dutchman ore from the matchbox actually has several shades of quartz matrix.
i'm with you on that..i always heard it was storm that started the rose quartz b.s.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Really Matthew

You State your facts on a Manuscript from a author who stated he never wrote it.
So the manuscript is Void, Period.

But I will give you Brownie, His Affidavit is worth as much as the person who payed him to do it, I don’t have to tell you who benefits from that, You already no that answer.

Yes Barry Storm used Rose Quarts But the first, you know that an’t true either, your more in the game then that.

Babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Really Matthew

You State your facts on a Manuscript from a author who stated he never wrote it.

But I will give you Brownie, His Affidavit is worth as much as the person who payed him to do it, I don’t have to tell you who benefits from that, You already no that answer.

Yes Barry Storm used Rose Quarts But the first, you know that an’t true either, your more in the game then that.

Babymick1

mick...you are pretty good at badmouthing people you never met..but i know a few people here that knew brownie very well and not one said a bad word about him...they all said he was a straight shooter...unlike you that has been caught in a dozen or more whoppers....the low grade amethyst you said you found while following joes clues is almost as bad as the 2x4's you spray painted gold..i will say one thing though...the forum would be pretty boring without you...carry on mick:occasion14:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I do disagree Dave, I’ve never bad mouthed brownie one bit, Everyone Knows There was money exchanged for his item’s
He sold his item’s and a Story. No different then other Authors. But the bottom line here is money was exchanged.

As for me I just post what other’s have said off the record.

Babymick1

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really Matthew

Babymick1

wrmickel1, ..... You are wrong. Brownie Holmes never said he did not write the Holmes manuscript. That is a lie that was started and spread by a man who knew better because he is on tape with Brownie telling him that Brownie and Kenison wrote the manuscript together.

If someone described Waltz gold being in rose quartz before Barry Storm, please tell us who that was and when it was said.

All Brownie ever said about Waltz gold was that it was (quote) gold in quartz matrix. We have tape of Brownie describing the ore so there is no question.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
azdave35, ..... As you know, gold ore in quartz from the same vein can vary greatly in color and composition. I have seen gold quartz matrix from pure white to grey to black all in a few feet of a lode vein. Rarely is the quartz matrix one single color. I have seen and handled all the known dutchman ore, the matchbox, rings, stick pin, links and remaining ore samples. The variation of the color of the quartz matrix covers a wide spectrum.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, now we’re getting some ware Matthew, Your the first person who relinquished Gold in White Quarts. Ever. People have changed the mines placement to match a known Mine, like the bulldog, just by it’s known samples to match known Dutchman’s ore and trinkets. They even take the very word of the Dutchman, Twist them around till the Dutchman a 150 years later an’t even in the ledgen, Replace by a modern day people, You all call them stewards of the ledgen.

Back home here we call that, Sh;t Stew

Babymick1, I’ll dig up the stories and post them now. They fit a small window 1895/1910

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Well, now we’re getting some ware Matthew, Your the first person who relinquished Gold in White Quarts. Ever. People have changed the mines placement to match a known Mine, like the bulldog, just by it’s known samples to match known Dutchman’s ore and trinkets. They even take the very word of the Dutchman, Twist them around till the Dutchman a 150 years later an’t even in the ledgen, Replace by a modern day people, You all call them stewards of the ledgen.

Back home here we call that, Sh;t Stew

Babymick1, I’ll dig up the stories and post them now. They fit a small window 1895/1910
mick...there are quite a few samples of bulldog mine ore left and it has been compared to known dutch ore..different ore

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave I know that, It’s the part of know Dutchman’s ore,

babymick1

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on mick..come clean...there is no amethyst in the supers..there are deposits all over 4 peaks but not in the supers

Dave you know for a fact there was Amethyst in the Supers. The singing stones were salted and carried into the mountains by a friend of a friend of yours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread