Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Jim Hatts Cave

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2013
    Huntington Beach California
    3171 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory E. Davis View Post
    Good evening Matthew: Did Jim Hatt stay in that cave all the time he stayed in the canyon or did he have any other campsites in that surrounding area? Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
    Hello Greg,

Jim Hatt centered his mountain activity on his cave for about 2-3 years and did a tremendous amount of excavating a hillside across the canyon to the east of his cave.
    This excavation was in a barren area and even though he worked at it for well over a year, it came to nothing.
    Jim always took his dog along with him and even though he used the cave which was an excellent shelter from the elements, he always slept in a tent he had set up inside the cave. I never could understand that.
    Jim did not range out far from his cave during the time he was there which was also something I found hard to understand.
    You could always tell exactly where Jim was or had been in the mountains. Jim was a smoker who smoked a certain brand of cigarettes and everywhere Jim went and stopped you would find his smoked cigarettes.
    The first time I was ever to the Mercury mine Jim was interested in I found by simply following his trail of cigarettes.

Best,

Matthew

us
    Director of Research, Acquisitions, Archives and Library, Superstition Mountain Historical Society,and one of its founders, Member of Arizona First Families, Westerners, Arizona Historical Society, Central Arizona Museum Association and the Dons Club

Oct 2013
    Tempe, Arizona
    eyeball it
    540 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thank you Matthew: Great posts. Greg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links