Rendezvous 2019

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
The 2019 Dutch Hunters Rendezvous is being held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year at the Don's Camp on Peralta road.

I have been asked to bring several maps to the Rendezvous this year:

The J. Alan Stirrat 1948 Map of the Lost Dutchman and other legendary mine areas in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona. Original copy. This map is important to all serious dutch hunters because it traces all the earliest Spanish and Mexican trails through the mountains.

All of the earliest Military Maps of the Superstitions, some are pre Fort McDowell maps, as well as maps that show the early trails from from Prescott through to Fort McDowell, Fort Verde, and the Superstition Mountains. All maps are from the 1864 - 1874 era. Total 5 maps.

Walter Gasslers map.

Also one map showing the locations of known mines and diggings as well as the location of camps of many of the early Dutch hunters.

Some of these maps like the Stirrat map are quite large. All the maps will be available to be filmed by photo or video as it is best to get close up shots of various areas on the maps rather than a long shot of the entire map.

I will be at the Rendezvous on Friday and Saturday but not Sunday. Anyone interested is welcome to take photos.

Matthew

Matthew,
I will plan on being out there on Saturday and I look forward to seeing you!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Thank you Matthew for the update info.

Unfortunately it is not looking good for us, probably won't be able to attend. I hope someone will share photos of the maps, sounds like it will be very interesting.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Matthew for the update info.

Unfortunately it is not looking good for us, probably won't be able to attend. I hope someone will share photos of the maps, sounds like it will be very interesting.

Sorry pardner, like every good raffle you must be present to win! LOL

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping to make it this year, weather, work, and brakes permitting.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s the weather like down there now? I want to go but we’ll have to see.

Hinterlander

Dec 28, 2016
AZ
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s the weather like down there now? I want to go but we’ll have to see.

Upper 80s/low 90s right now. Should be in the mid to low 80s by the rendezvous, with lows in the 50s.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Just made reservations for a motorhome and will be coming to this years Rendezvous. My Son In Law, Scott, will be coming with me. Carolyn will not be coming. :sad10: Hope to set up in my usual spot. If someone can bring the shade I donated to the event, we can attach it to the motorhome's canopy. If there is something I can bring to help out, just let me know. I will bring a book from my library to donate for the drawing.

Look forward to seeing many of you there.

Joe Ribaudo

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Just made reservations for a motorhome and will be coming to this years Rendezvous. My Son In Law, Scott, will be coming with me. Carolyn will not be coming. :sad10: Hope to set up in my usual spot. If someone can bring the shade I donated to the event, we can attach it to the motorhome's canopy. If there is something I can bring to help out, just let me know. I will bring a book from my library to donate for the drawing.

Look forward to seeing many of you there.

Joe Ribaudo
it will be good to see you again joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are all a beautiful " family "

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joe is she sick ? I am a faith healer .. and its been a few years I don't find many humans I would go out of way to help now days . but you ask and I will turn the spirit world in side out to help her ...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think you mean 4509AB0B-0FBD-43B0-A9FA-09B312BD61EF.jpeg :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread