barry storm

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're only scratching the surface on how devastating PTSD can be. PTSD doesn't only affect the veteran but also affects family, extended families, and subsequent generations. My grandfather was a WW2 hero who fought in some of the heaviest fighting during the war, on the Anzio beachhead in Italy, and in North Africa, and had about a dozen medals awarded, included the purple heart. He was a captain in the 645th Tank Destroyer battalion and was shot multiple times, including in the head.

And he paid the price for it dearly- and so did we. PTSD destroyed him, destroyed his family, and affected his children, which in turn, affected some of the grandchildren.

Small world co-incidence.
Back in 1969, at a popular bar in Toledo, Oh., I came real close to having a guy on leave from Vietnam break a pool cue over my skull.
He didn't know me, but mistook this patch which I had on my favorite well worn canvas jacket along with some other mil patches, for a VC or NVA insignia. Fortunately, the other guys I was with stepped in between us,talked him down, and the guy wound up buying my drinks for the rest of the night. Wish I still had that jacket .

Attachments

• Tank Destroyer patch.jpg
    Tank Destroyer patch.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 439

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
What ???
Legal name change from John Griffith Climenson....I can see it I guess, but when ?

somehiker,

I can’t give you a when but I can offer one possible why. My guess is that Barry Griffith Storm was more than a pen name. It may have been a conscious effort to disassociate himself from John Griffith Climenson and more specifically, his grandfather J. Howard Climenson.

Shorter posts help keep me organized.

Read this first:
http://www.westtownpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-Spring-Westtown-Epilepsy-in-the-1900s.pdf

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Perhaps shame chased Griffith to Washington where he met Barry’s mother, started over and had children. Barry was two when J. Howard was released, if he served full sentence.

View attachment 1746840

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread