"Challenge For Superstition Gold"

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
quadrupled???A house that cost 10 grand to build 40 years ago is selling for over 400 grand today here in CA...Yep...Thanks to one man...And when reality sinks in...You too can thank that one man...lol

When the 1 percent cashes in...The rest of us will be left holding the useless bag...Retirement accounts will be worthless...And That one man's friends will be laughing their a butts off...

But what do I know???

Did I fail to mention that the entire stock market is overpriced???Thanks to one man...

Oh...I failed to mention...There is another man with the initials W.B. That has a very large amount of cash on hand...But he is another man...

Ed T
the thoughts of a man who sends a small pebble to be tested for platinum and then wonders why they weren't tested:icon_scratch:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the thoughts of a man who sends a small pebble to be tested for platinum and then wonders why they weren't tested:icon_scratch:

I guess that we'll just have to wait and see dave...

I forgot to mention...I know that my small pebbles are platinum bearing...And even Oro may know the true values of my little pocket...lol...As IF any ore can contain such values...Who can say for certain...I have found an ancient hole in the wall that I believe to have been worked by ancients...IF this is the case...You'd have to read De re Metallica to know how many uncia said ore might produce per ton...

Ed T

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next member to post political comment wins free vacation.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Snopes is legally obligated, under threat of lawsuit, to report what is technically true. The vast majority of Travis's manuscripts "Challenge for Superstition Gold" that are for sale, still comes from China through shell companies.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I guess that we'll just have to wait and see dave...

I forgot to mention...I know that my small pebbles are platinum bearing...And even Oro may know the true values of my little pocket...lol...As IF any ore can contain such values...Who can say for certain...I have found an ancient hole in the wall that I believe to have been worked by ancients...IF this is the case...You'd have to read De re Metallica to know how many uncia said ore might produce per ton...

Ed T
if you had given me at least 4 0z of ore we would all know what it runs per ton:dontknow:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Correct. RG is not the original author, so he doesn't have the ability to claim copyright without registration.

IF RG has purchased, traded for, or otherwise was granted the copyright to Travis' manuscript, he has the protection of the copyright. He would need to prove that he had legally obtained such copyright from the current legal owner, which I presume would have to be Travis' heir(s).

Without proof that he has obtained the copyright from the legal owner(s) he can't file for registration of the manuscript legally. He could file fraudulently of course.

All of which is not that critical to the discussion because of the provision of Fair Use in copyright law - so long as we (the public) are using only portions of said copyrighted materials NOT FOR PROFIT and NOT in whole, (you can use a whole chapter for instance) you are protected against copyright infringement lawsuit anyway.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
IF RG has purchased, traded for, or otherwise was granted the copyright to Travis' manuscript, he has the protection of the copyright. He would need to prove that he had legally obtained such copyright from the current legal owner, which I presume would have to be Travis' heir(s).

Without proof that he has obtained the copyright from the legal owner(s) he can't file for registration of the manuscript legally. He could file fraudulently of course.

All of which is not that critical to the discussion because of the provision of Fair Use in copyright law - so long as we (the public) are using only portions of said copyrighted materials NOT FOR PROFIT and NOT in whole, (you can use a whole chapter for instance) you are protected against copyright infringement lawsuit anyway.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:
How could RG have been granted the copyright if he obtained the manuscript after Travis died?

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you had given me at least 4 0z of ore we would all know what it runs per ton:dontknow:

As IF I'd give you 4 ounces of my ore dave...lol...IT is not that I don't have said amount of ore in my possession...IT is the fact that I will not be sharing any of my ore with anyone in the near future...I believe that it is "my precious"...hehehe...

I believe that Mike is the one who likes that last one...

Good luck to ya'll...In whatever IT is that ya'll are looking for...I hope it's not my ore...My ore is like the doorstops as dave states...The search for IT will only lead to divorce and ruin...

Ed T

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
How could RG have been granted the copyright if he obtained the manuscript after Travis died?

You could probably find the answers online but a copyright can be willed to an heir or heirs multiple. Thus when Travis died, his heir got any copyright that Travis held at the time of his death. That heir could then sell, trade, give away or ignore that copyright as he or she wished.

This explains it better than I could:
https://www.newmediarights.org/business_models/artist/what_happens_copyright_when_copyright_holder_dies

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You could probably find the answers online but a copyright can be willed to an heir or heirs multiple. Thus when Travis died, his heir got any copyright that Travis held at the time of his death. That heir could then sell, trade, give away or ignore that copyright as he or she wished.

This explains it better than I could:
https://www.newmediarights.org/business_models/artist/what_happens_copyright_when_copyright_holder_dies

Then there must be a registered record of that copyright

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a site that is in violation of copyright... Quotes by Edwin Tanguma

I wonder IF I should pursue legal action against them???I know that I did not give this site permission to use my poetry...I wonder IF they have earned a penny from the use of such???In a way I am flattered that they like my poems...lol

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As IF I'd give you 4 ounces of my ore dave...lol...IT is not that I don't have said amount of ore in my possession...IT is the fact that I will not be sharing any of my ore with anyone in the near future...I believe that it is "my precious"...hehehe...

I believe that Mike is the one who likes that last one...

Good luck to ya'll...In whatever IT is that ya'll are looking for...I hope it's not my ore...My ore is like the doorstops as dave states...The search for IT will only lead to divorce and ruin...

Ed T

https://www.google.com/search?q=spe...1.69i57j33.18736j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

How much are you willing to offer for 4 ounces of "my precious" dave???Seeing that my ore comes from the Spanish mines where platinum was first discovered...lol...

Ed T

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Here is a site that is in violation of copyright... Quotes by Edwin Tanguma

I wonder IF I should pursue legal action against them???I know that I did not give this site permission to use my poetry...I wonder IF they have earned a penny from the use of such???In a way I am flattered that they like my poems...lol

Ed T

Ed you should be flattered at getting published. Poetry is almost dead in publishing business, most poets are thrilled to have someone read one of their poems. Poetry is just not valued like it once was, kind of sad really. Plus you would have to factor in the cost of hiring a lawyer and court costs against how much money you MIGHT get awarded if you win.

Alan I think you might be misunderstanding how copyright works. You can sell your copyright to a publisher (or anyone really) without having registered it. When you send an article in to a magazine and they decide to buy it, in most cases it has not been registered yet and the publisher will register the copyright. We can't know what the legal status of any copyright Travis had.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan I think you might be misunderstanding how copyright works. You can sell your copyright to a publisher (or anyone really) without having registered it. When you send an article in to a magazine and they decide to buy it, in most cases it has not been registered yet and the publisher will register the copyright. We can't know what the legal status of any copyright Travis had.

Roy, you are most likely correct, I do not know how copyright works, as with most legalese, that which makes common sense, does not apply, however, it seems to me that proof of legal copyright ownership by someone other than an apparent heir or the originator, would be required to substantiate a claim.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's likely too late, since at least two virtually identical copies are known to be available and have already been shared privately, beginning with that shared by Travis himself apparently. It's not likely to become a legal issue, so long as it isn't posted or otherwise published on here or another forum...IMO.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
It's likely too late, since at least two virtually identical copies are known to be available and have already been shared privately, beginning with that shared by Travis himself apparently. It's not likely to become a legal issue, so long as it isn't posted or otherwise published on here or another forum...IMO.

You are right - and so long as we are not using anything copied from Travis' manuscript FOR PROFIT it is legal anyway so long as we are not copying more than a chapter etc.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You are right - and so long as we are not using anything copied from Travis' manuscript FOR PROFIT it is legal anyway so long as we are not copying more than a chapter etc.

Or more importantly, the last page which tells you everything you need to know about Travis. This same last page which blows up the notion that Travis carved the Stone Maps for fun or to con anyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread