New Treasure Hunting TV show - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: New Treasure Hunting TV show

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    fm
    Raggedy old Crow

Jan 2005
    In a tax haven some where
    ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
    4405 times
    Growing old disgrace fully as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by deducer View Post
    Which is why they will never ever find anything on Oak Island. You have to congratulate them on being shrewd enough to make something out of nothing for 7 straight seasons.

Gotta take your hat off to those hucksters.
    That is why a lot of production company's want a treasure story like oak island to milk as much as its worth. No one can deny what a good job the oak island crew has strung out over a muddy hole. 7 perhaps more years of employment over nothing? And to think they still have a highlights special and reunion special to flog.

I am surprised some thing similar has not been done with the Dutchman mine story and the Beale story?

Crow
    Last edited by Crow; May 01, 2020 at 03:10 AM.

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    7155 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    That is why a lot of production company's want a treasure story like oak island to milk as much as its worth. No one can deny what a good job the oak island crew has strung out over a muddy hole. 7 perhaps more years of employment over nothing? And to think they still have a highlights special and reunion special to flog.

I am surprised some thing similar has not been done with the Dutchman mine story and the Beale story?

Crow
    They could have done the same thing with the Dutchman Story. As a matter of fact, that is how "Go Go Lucky" (production company) pitched "Legends of Superstition Mountain" to us. They changed up a couple of people at the last minute and made several story changes different from their pitch. They had available to them personal interviews with all the Old Timers that knew people like Herman Petrasch, Ed Piper, Celeste Marie Jones, etc etc etc. They could have made it about the hundreds of stories related to the Dutchman while searching for it, but they made a poor choice and opted for BS made up stories that they thought would keep people on the edges of their seats. Didn't happen.

Production companies make decisions like that because they don't fundamentally understand what excites people about treasure and lost mine stories.

Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

fm
    Raggedy old Crow

Jan 2005
    In a tax haven some where
    ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
    4405 times
    Growing old disgrace fully as possible.
    Hello Mike

It comes down their target market and sadly hardcore passionate treasure hunters are not their target market. They are very small select target audience.

My guess they want to do is use the reality format as cheaply as possible to flog the concept of what treasure hunting is believed to be to average Joe blow. A vegetative market with little concentration spans that are not into facts or into analyzing information.

Being a Reality show they would most likely drag up some unknown young 20 year man in the prime of life with a 6 pack body who happens to have his shirt off half the time. A tanned bikini model with beautiful wobblies who has archeology degree which is constantly in scenes with her boobs half hanging out running around exploring various locations in the Superstitions. Under the guidance of a silver bearded wise one researching the stories connected to the Dutchman story. And his faithful half wit of side kick that is the clown of show who is always getting himself into trouble along the way. In between a host of peoples claims and counter claims. They wander though various locations and adventures from episode to episode. Producers objectives are not researching the truth but flying the banner of so called entertainment. While keeping more viewers watching at all costs for generating advertising revenues.

And to keep them viewing each show ends in a breath stealing gasp in suspense to keep punters coming back from more...

Crow

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    9177 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have to admit watching some of the Australian shows and enjoying them. Opal hunters was a breath of fresh air so are the gold shows there were they detect for nuggets. They actually find stuff un like oak island themed shows.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    7179 times
    If the COOI had gotten genuine researchers to check out everything before filming they may have found some treasure on Oak Island. They went after every flimsy story about every treasure on Earth. If they had only concentrated on historical facts or at least sort through the stories and decided what was or could be legitimate then they may have recovered a treasure on Oak Island. I research, research and more research then I decide where and what to look for especially whether the story is fact or has a chance of being fact. It is like shooting a rifle and a shot gun. If you should a shot gun first, you are scattered all over the area, but a rifle shot only goes after the treasure. If nothing there move on to the next best story. But first and foremost is to do the research. That is the most important item of treasure hunting.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    9177 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Wonder what happened to coopers treasure. Where he used shots from space to locate wrecks. I remember flying up the river real low when the water was clear looking for fishing spots. Amazing what you can see from aerial.
    Crow, gollum, Oroblanco and 1 others like this.

Jan 2014
    3873 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    They could have done the same thing with the Dutchman Story. As a matter of fact, that is how "Go Go Lucky" (production company) pitched "Legends of Superstition Mountain" to us. They changed up a couple of people at the last minute and made several story changes different from their pitch. They had available to them personal interviews with all the Old Timers that knew people like Herman Petrasch, Ed Piper, Celeste Marie Jones, etc etc etc. They could have made it about the hundreds of stories related to the Dutchman while searching for it, but they made a poor choice and opted for BS made up stories that they thought would keep people on the edges of their seats. Didn't happen.
    That was the big bone I had to pick with them- I was really disappointed that they just opted to shoot for the lowest common denominator, and piled on them for that in the forum and ended up in Frank's doghouse haha.

Production companies make decisions like that because they don't fundamentally understand what excites people about treasure and lost mine stories.
    Mike
    More like Go-Go Luckey Entertainment just didn't care. If you look at their production history, their reality shows all have bombed or ranked poorly, except for "The Jacksons." They were in it just to turn a profit.

The fact that the pitch continually changed, tells me that the people who pitched you may have been enthusiastic, but their execs were not, and wanted to squeeze every dollar.
    Oroblanco likes this.

Jan 2014
    3873 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post

Crow
    The Superstitions is a logistics and transportation nightmare for a production. That's on top of the fact that commercial exploitation is prohibited within the Superstitions. And, GGL with their dumb bat cave stunt has probably doomed any future prospects as far as the FS is concerned.
    somehiker and Oroblanco like this.

gr
    Oct 2012
    White's Spectrum XLT
    5403 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    maruis..this forum is entertainment....reality shows are 99% b.s. and are run by parasites that are looking to rob you of your hard earned research ..then twist it into their own line of b.s. and on top of that pay you nothing for it...if you are wise you wont tell them anything
    For 20k I would tell them where is the first gorge on the south side of the west end of the range, from the Waltz clues
    Idahodutch likes this.
    Marius

If your true to your heart, you will never go wrong. The truth is the truth, no matter how you look at it, and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth. It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    7155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnmountains View Post
    I have to admit watching some of the Australian shows and enjoying them. Opal hunters was a breath of fresh air so are the gold shows there were they detect for nuggets. They actually find stuff un like oak island themed shows.
    Hate to burst your bubble (LOL), but Gold Rush is fake as well. Production gave Schnabel $100K to buy equipment and pay employees, and he pocketed everything. All those jars of gold they kept showing for the cleanouts were rented from Tony Beets. I live near Prescott Arizona, Melody Tallis lives near me. Dave Turin was prospecting on a creek (Lynx) three miles from home, and a buddy is good friends with Fred Hurt. A WHOLE LOT goes on behind the scenes of every "supposed" reality based show.

Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

Apr 2003
    226 times
    Cooper's Treasure was a fabrication also. The claims made on the show that Cooper somehow was able to observe or mark the position of shipwrecks he saw in his capsule from space were examined and found to be just invented.

Then the star of the show, Darrell Miklos, was looked into. He and his father had an 'colourful' background.

For example the shipwreck Miklos apparently discovers in the show using Cooper's maps was the same one located by his father back in the early 80s.

As the show wound on and downwards due to the inconsistencies piling up the last claim being made to keep it going was that an underwater feature Miklos had just found might be a UFO.
    Last edited by freeman; May 05, 2020 at 07:58 PM.
    Tnmountains and Idahodutch like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    9177 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Hate to burst your bubble (LOL), but Gold Rush is fake as well. Production gave Schnabel $100K to buy equipment and pay employees, and he pocketed everything. All those jars of gold they kept showing for the cleanouts were rented from Tony Beets. I live near Prescott Arizona, Melody Tallis lives near me. Dave Turin was prospecting on a creek (Lynx) three miles from home, and a buddy is good friends with Fred Hurt. A WHOLE LOT goes on behind the scenes of every "supposed" reality based show.

Mike
    You are right. They all get a salary for doing the show. Poor Fred I do believe his clean outs when I see them. Dave Turin seems to have a problem with trespassing and not following land owners rules. That is a big no no around here. Am sure the salary is what keeps Rick in the game.
    (LOL). But.... my post said nothing about Gold Rush.It was the people metal detecting for nuggets and dry washing in Australia and the people who mined opals.

us
    Dec 2017
    2041 times
    Just an observation: Why would the TV shows be any different than the legends passed down over the years? The clues, maps, stories, etc.

All most likely BS.

Fun to consider, get out in the field, try some theories. But if anyone ever finds anything, I doubt it's ever going to be on a TV show. Salted pans, black hands, Waltz was a murderer...all TV show stuff, and stuff of legends in books and old Desert Mag articles.

I can't watch Gold Rush or Oak Island because of all the fake drama. I used to watch because it showed guys fixing broken stuff, which for people who work with their hands and use backyard engineering, seeing stuff that may get you out of a jam is gold...but I can't take all the fake drama in any of these treasure TV shows. I got other stuff to do. Lots of folks sitting on their couches and working from laptops like this stuff. Makes 'em money all around. Good for them.

I was pretty happy with Jesse and Josh and their show, just doing normal treasure hunter stuff, a good bit of history, no drama. I also like the YouTubers: Wayne, Frank and the late "Raymond", they were able to put up their stuff without interference from all the yuppie producers who do UFO shows. Just my two cents. Carry on amigos.

us
    Sep 2019
    Idaho
    Whites MXT
    2391 times
    Cache Hunting

Mike
    Mike,
    What a bummer, Gold Rush show isn't real?
    Hehehe. I tried to get into it, but drama, drama, drama.

Btw,
    I used to live in and around Prescott different places back in my 20's.
    Dewey, Mayor, Prescott Valley, and Prescott.

I was young and not much purchasing power, so all those rentals were not real nice.
    The climate nicer than the Valley, which is where I grew up.
    Honest Samuel likes this.

Jan 2014
    3873 times
    It's not just treasure hunting shows that are fiction, nearly all reality shows are, from Fixer-upper, Storage Wars, Apprentice, Mountain Men, Hunting Hitler, American Choppers, Fixer-upper, to Pawn Stars.

It's very rare that a reality show is completely unscripted and authentic- but they are out there: Deadliest catch, Ice Road Truckers, or COPS.
    Crow likes this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links