Home Movies....

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find Wayne, many thanks. A bit before my time but I recognized just about all of the places ;) Went to my senior prom at the Biltmore...

The guys is definitely WW2...Army Good Conduct Medal, Europe and Africa Campaign Medals (multiple tours) and his shoulder patch is from the 5th Army (Mediterranean AO)...

Thanks again, made my day ;)

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the wonderful post amigo.

I love old home movies because it is a window in the past. Geez nearly 80 years ago where have we gone since then? Most people in it have passed on. And in a era most likely just after WW2 when the world felt anew. A look of hope and optimism in the faces of those who went through one of bloodiest wars in history. Most have been born of the great depression or just before it. Yet to me it was a golden age of yes we can yes we can do it. A time of peace prosperity and bright forward looking into the future. A car was not just car but meant some thing more. Freedom to explore in a era nostalgia of what was.

An era nothing like it before or since a high and beautiful wave of faith hope and self belief.

That to me is what made America great and what much of the world aspired to be.....

Thank you for insight into the past.

Kanacki

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Color movies from the 1940's are worth their weight in gold. You can almost get a sense of what it really was like back then.

Great find, Wayne!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions