Is Deerings mine the Ldm

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always given Joe Deering a high probability of having found the LDM when Waltz was in town. A few people have found this mine in the 1800s. Its also the "Two Soldiers" Mine, and maybe more. You know the reason nobody has found them either? Because in about 1881, Waltz sealed the Pit Mine. Said you could ride right over it with a wagon and not know its there.

The Soldiers never find the mine again, because they were murdered.

Mike

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always given Joe Deering a high probability of having found the LDM when Waltz was in town. A few people have found this mine in the 1800s. Its also the "Two Soldiers" Mine, and maybe more. You know the reason nobody has found them either? Because in about 1881, Waltz sealed the Pit Mine. Said you could ride right over it with a wagon and not know its there.

The Soldiers never find the mine again, because they were murdered.

Mike

I'm not sold on the pit mine as the ldm. Just doesn't make sense to me. I do believe the deering and ldm could be one and the same or very close to each other tho, jmho.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sold on the pit mine as the ldm. Just doesn't make sense to me. I do believe the deering and ldm could be one and the same or very close to each other tho, jmho.

You shouldn't be because its not! LOL It was claimed as the Silver Chief in the 1880s. During that time, there were a ton of silver mines in the area, and no way Waltz could have gone in and not been seen.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread