Please Help - Lost possibly recovered diamond ring - Lihue, Hawaii

sydonashae

Oct 6, 2008
My wedding ring slipped off of my finger during an early morning swim in the shallow waters at Marriott Beach Club Resort in Lihue, Hawaii. I spent the remainder of my vacation snorkling for it without any luck. Two young gentlemen (20's-30's) luckily were treasure hunting on the same beach while we were snorkling for it. We asked them to assist us find the ring and offered to pay them. My husband went to get his business card to give them in case they found it and they were gone when he came back. After this, I hired a local reputable treasure hunter who also set out to locate my ring via water metal detection. When he arrived an older couple on the beach approached him and said two younger gentlemen were just here and found a ring - they were pretty excited about it - in the same area I lost mine the day before. If you have any information you can provide me or advice, I would really appreciate it. This is not just a ring to me. I have cancer and two small children that I wanted to pass this ring down to. It means the world to me, especially right now. Any information or assistance would be so appreciated. Susan [email protected]

whizbang

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2008
If you haven't already done this, try Googling the Hawaiian yellow pages for pawn/resale shops and compile a list. Then call and explain your situation to the proprietors or ask if you can mail/fax a photo of the ring to them, that way you have a lot of people helping you look for free (initially that is). If you can, offer a recovery fee in addition to the price the proprietor paid. Also, you may be able to place a photo ad in the local newspaper or another photo advertiser type of publication in the general area. Many of them will carry lost and found articles. If you know someone in Hawaii, perhaps they could do some of the footwork or ad placing for you, but if you have a fax machine, you should be able to do it yourself. I know what it's like to lose a ring with incalculable sentimental value because I have done it. My wife and I pray that you recover your ring and that you are a survivor. My wife is one. God Bless and Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread