Found Class Ring from 1965 - Need some Help to find the right School!

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
I found a class ring in Michigan's Upper Peninsula at a resort that closed in 1970.
The ring has no school name, just initials GJHS. It is all sterling silver, and has no stone, nor initials.
It is quite small. I was guessing it was a ladies ring, until a friend of mine with very small hands (not the guy from the Whopper Jr. Commercial) was able to put it on.

I found that it did not come from Grand Junction, TN, nor Grand Junction, IA. I have sent photos to people at both schools, and they say it isn't from their class or school. And it did not come from Grand Junction, MI, as it never had a high school.

I know it did not come from George Jenkins High School in Lakeland FL, as there was no school there until the 90s.

I am still waiting for an answer from Grand Junction, CO. I have spoken to one of their class, who's husband by the way hunts with a Minelab Exp II, but have not gotten an answer from her after I sent the pics. (That class graduated 860!)

If anyone has any ideas where else this thing could have come from I'd sure like to hear 'em. It would be pretty cool to get a ring back to it's owner after 40 years!

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

• 1965  class ring.jpg
    1965 class ring.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 748
OP
OP
mpostma

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Thanks Neil,
I had already posted it there.

Thanks Warsaw,
I posted it on that site just now.

Still not much luck even confirming the school.

I'll post as this progresses.

Mark

OP
OP
mpostma

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Thank you, Jeff.

I gave them a call and sent a photo of the ring.
The curator of the museum is a retired teacher, and quite a character too.

He said the ring is definately not from Johnstown, but that I should stop on over and look at all the cool stuff
that they do have.

Greater Johnstown School District was created in 1968, and the high school still just uses JHS on their rings etc.

If nothing else it knocked another one off the list, and I'm still laughing at the conversation with the old guy. Almost be worth the trip just to meet him.

Thanks,
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread