FOUND by Mark DesErmia - lost wedding ring Siesta Keys, Sarasota FL 10/31/09

horus

Nov 4, 2009
Greetings all,

I am hoping somebody can help me. For my one year anniversary we were on the Siesta Keys beach in Sarasota Florida.
(e.g. this beach http://www.4sarasota.com/siestakey/beach.html#siesta )

While in the water I lost my wedding ring. It is a men's red-gold ring that has carvings (look like stars) around the outside of the band.

It was lost in the ocean in front (-+ 20 ft.) of the "Green" lifeguard station at around 1pm on 10/31/09, and about 1/2 way to all the way to the sandbar (its a bit hard to tell). I felt it come off, so I am fairly certain of the location, although in my frantic searching I drifted a fair bit despite my efforts.

Here is a google map, the green station is the second from the left I believe:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...493,-82.552385&spn=0.004635,0.009645&t=h&z=17

It is very important to me (and my wife), and although the cash value is not tremendous it was made to match my wife's ring, it made our trip pretty sad, and I really hope it can be recovered. I have a $200 reward on it - if that isn't enough message me, etc.

I was told that there is are a few dedicated and skilled people that hunt on that beach and in the water. If you could help us it would be be very much appreciated. Please contact me if more details, info, or anything are needed.

Thanks very much - Andrew and Lindsey

OP
OP
H

horus

Nov 4, 2009
Greetings All,

I just wanted to give a quick update. My ring was FOUND by Mark DesErmia this last weekend! Thanks to his skill and dedication I have my wedding band back.

It's no Stanley Cup ring, but it is very important to us, and we thank him again for his efforts, and everybody else who searched on our behalf.

We must say that it is a very valuable service that all the treasure hunters provide - it is fantastic to have the help of a community of people with the skills, experience, and equipment to recover these items.

Thanks again,

-Andrew and Lindsey

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
what a great story! congrats to Mark and thanks for posting!

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one fantastic story and a great ending...the way it should end.

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread