Worth a shot - Texas

AtochaFan

Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Various things were stolen from our house 8 to 10 years ago. A couple of years later a neighbor kid showed up at our door with some of the paperwork that had been stolen. You could still pick out our names and an address, but it had obviously been exposed to the weather. I asked the kid to show me where he found it and he took me to the park just south of us (North Austin, Texas), but other than bits of weathered paper, there wasn't anything else that I could see. I have always wanted to go over the area with a metal detector just to see if any of my jewelry could be found. I would hate to never have given it a try. Anyone interested in spending the day in a park?

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am north of you and would be glad to help... I am just not in your area... I am several hours away but I am sure someone in that area would be glad to help too... good luck!

Chukers

OP
OP
A

AtochaFan

Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Update: I left a message with LostMyStuff.net (thanks fogcity) and after filling out the paperwork to get a permit for doing metal detecting in a city park, five people with metal detectors showed up and they searched the area. By no means did they cover the whole area, but after all, it was kind of a needle in a haystack. I am glad I got someone to try, but no luck.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been stopped in the past to help find rings or keys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread