tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This evening I came home from work and as I was emptying my pockets in my usual place (so I always know where my stuff is) I see my wife had a note. It read " Holiday Inn, lost woman's wedding ring in front of Water ***". Well I start asking specifics and she can't answer because she took really lousy notes. She told me that the Holiday Inn called at 1045 this morning looking for me because they had a Spanish speaking lady who had lost her ring and was crying. Well first off the Holiday Inn doesn't have my number but one of the water sport vendors does. So I get her phone since I don't have a cell phone and call the number. It was one of my contacts on the beach. He told me that this morning a woman had lost two rings. A plain wedding band and a "fancy one". Well I'm stewing about it cause he gives me the general area. My wife being the good girl that she is (but lousy note taker) say's "Aren't you going to go out?"

As I'm walking down the beach I hear "Senor, Senor". An older woman approaches and starts pointing to her finger. I say Dos? And she explodes. I explain that the gentleman she talked to this morning had called me and told me of her lost. I told her and her husband that I would look for her rings and got his business card.

As I entered the water I saw that they had taken up seats on the beach and apparently were not going to leave.

I found the first ring. A small plain gold band which is common among the Latino and European women. Held it up in the air and heard her scream with joy. This is just after sunset with some ambient light by the way,

I stuck my scoop into the water about waist deep and took the first ring up to her. She was so happy, she was hugging me and crying and explained that that was the most important one as it was her actual wedding ring which matched her husbands.

I went back out to where I left the scoop and started working in a circular pattern and got the next signal. I must have been pushing it deeper with the initial scoops because it took four scoops to recover the second ring. Held it up in the air and heard her screaming.

Needless to say they were both thrilled! I'm sure they have been married for quite some time so the rings had much more sentimental value to her than the honeymooners who lose them on the first day of their honeymoons.

He took several pictures and I asked him to email them to me so hopefully I will be able to update this post soon with pics. She slipped me $100.00 even though I protested it but I'll share the reward with my beach contact.

Tonights find(s) bring my gold ring count to 10 for the year.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for looking/reading and good luck out there!

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deal. I know it makes you feel good when you can help someone out. Those rings will probably be heirlooms she'll hand down to her children.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just gave this hobby and all the Mder's a good name by helping someone in need. You will be blessed for your help.

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: They sent me the pics

They sent pictures taken as I was searching and after I returned the rings lost.

Attachments

• DSC01885.JPG
    DSC01885.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC01892.JPG
    DSC01892.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC01893.JPG
    DSC01893.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 238

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! Good job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread