Lost Wedding Band in CT

Kretschy

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost 2 years ago, I was on a bachelor party in Kent, CT. We decided to go canoeing in the Housatonic River just below the Falls Village Dam (off Dugway Road). There is a section within 1/3 of a mile downstream of the Dam where the river splits around a small sandy island with a large rock in the middle of the left route. This is where we flipped the canoe, I scraped my hand down the side of the canoe, and I believe my ring came off. It is only about a foot deep in this section, so if I had realized it I might have actually found the ring right away. I unfortunately did not realize until about 1/2 mile later that I had lost my wedding band. At the end of the day we drove back up to look for the ring, but no luck. About a week later, my father in law bought a metal detector, I borrowed one, and we headed back to the spot. Unfortunately, we left empty handed and really never looked back. They spill at times so I can only imagine how strong the river may get, only making it more likely that the ring is downstream somewhere from where I remember losing it. It is a needle in a haystack- the river situation makes it virtually impossible, but I felt inspired by all the great stories of good people finding and returning lost valuables to post about it. I have since replaced the ring, but I can't shake the guilt I feel having lost my original. Thanks for reading, and any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I would most certainly entertain a reward for a successful find.

The ring is white gold and for most men, would barely fit a pinky.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to call a fellow member of The Ring Finders who is in Highland, NY, which is probably the closest to the search area. His name is Jason. You can get his number (or PM me for it) at TheRingFinders.com web site, in the member directory. Good Luck!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needle in a haystack in a field that has a thousand identical haystacks!! I'm thinking that one will only turn up by luck someday if ever.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, finding a needle in a haystack is not all that hard, as long as there's not a whole lot of other junk in there and you have the proper equipment. If I was close to his location, I'd give it a shot.

OP
OP
K

Kretschy

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's definitely an optimistic view. I probably lean more towards gunsil's thoughts but if someone is looking for a challenge, I certainly wouldn't object to it. PM sent cudamark.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't see any mention of an inscription in the ring. Without one, unless the finder, if there ever is one, reads this thread, it is likely a hopeless cause in a successful return. However, with that said, I have heard of actual returns of rings that were more hopeless than this one. Blessings in the recovery. Beach Papa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread